Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Reaction score
Nice! I was wondering if they were going to do that or if Hasbro would have new BS sabers too. Wonder if they called it Ben Solo instead of
  Spoiler:  
Leia
on purpose?
Hoping for a new
  Spoiler:  
Rey saber too

Reaction score
Nice! I was wondering if they were going to do that or if Hasbro would have new BS sabers too. Wonder if they called it Ben Solo instead of
  Spoiler:  
Leia
on purpose?
Hoping for a new
  Spoiler:  
Rey saber too
They’re different lightsabers. This is the one he has while being trained at the Jedi Temple.

It looks like he turns this one into the red with crossguard as they have a similar appearance.

Reaction score
The two new ones are ok, but they should have made the 2 all new reveals instead of what we got. Hoping eventually we get all of them.

Reaction score
Picked them up Friday. On par with the others in quality.
Hope to get back there in 2020. I only bought 2 sabers the original Luke blue now rey saber, and Vaders saber. Didnt buy Rotj luke because ilI hate that cheap switch on it.

Reaction score
ROTJ Luke’s is one of the best ones they have. The switch out emitter is nice bonus.

Reaction score
For anyone with an RPF account, I posted this thread the other day, as I purchased a few of the sabers, including the Savi's workshop one

Reaction score
I wonder if the leather(ette) on the "reforged" Skywalker saber hilt will eventually flake in due time. Its a common thing right now that happens to collectibles and figures that have leather/pleather on them. The thought of it makes me hesitate to consider buying one at the moment.

Reaction score
I wonder if the leather(ette) on the "reforged" Skywalker saber hilt will eventually flake in due time. Its a common thing right now that happens to collectibles and figures that have leather/pleather on them. The thought of it makes me hesitate to consider buying one at the moment.
I'm honestly not entirely sure if it's "pleather" in the traditional sense but it most certainly has a soft cloth backing to it.

Reaction score
I have the reforged. The fake leather is a decent thickness but not accurate. I skipped the initial Rey saber but wanted this one. It’s a nice feeling saber grip. More streamlined and a welcome addition. Until EFX gets moving on the license, GE sabers are the next best thing.

Reaction score
Bummer! I really would love to own a GE reforged saber. The prices on evil-Bay are ridiculous!
I heard the Ben Solo was sold out, but haven't heard that about the Reforged Luke. You may be able to find someone local to the parks to secure one for you.

Another thing that's been rumored and cast members have gone back and forth on, is that they're saying the Reforged Luke and Ben Sabers are "limited editions." I don't know if that's true or not and when I went to purchase them, there was no label or anything indicating they're limited

Reaction score
I have the reforged. The fake leather is a decent thickness but not accurate. I skipped the initial Rey saber but wanted this one. It’s a nice feeling saber grip. More streamlined and a welcome addition. Until EFX gets moving on the license, GE sabers are the next best thing.
I heard the Ben Solo was sold out, but haven't heard that about the Reforged Luke. You may be able to find someone local to the parks to secure one for you.

Another thing that's been rumored and cast members have gone back and forth on, is that they're saying the Reforged Luke and Ben Sabers are "limited editions." I don't know if that's true or not and when I went to purchase them, there was no label or anything indicating they're limited
I've been looking for a forum to talk about these bad boys, just found this!

So I have Ben Solo and the Vader Legacy sabers .....in two days, Mace Windu's and Obi Wan's will arrive.

I can say this about them:

They are all unbelievably awesome and the removable blade function is nothing short of magnificent. I own two high end custom sabers that blow these out of the water from a sound standpoint, yet I find myself reaching for these more than I do them. Go figure.

Also worth noting, the Ben Solo saber is a clear step forward in terms of electronics. The motion and clash sensor is 10x more responsive then the Vader. (and I'll later this week compare it to the Mace/Obi) I can only hope that future sabers in this line adopt this newer and improved electronics.

Lastly, and super important I think, because I've seen next to no one mention this......to activate the clash sounds, it's not really the blade you want to hit, it's a simple flick of the wrist on the hilt you want to do. This will activate the clash 9 out of 10 times.

This is awesome for pretend dueling, which as you know, we ALL DO ;) ....so when you're swinging the saber, no matter how slow or fast, a simple wrist flick while you're doing it will trigger a CLASH, and it looks and sounds badass while you're pretending to duel. Hitting them against something, not so much.

I can't stress enough how awesome it is to have all the hilts lined up like remote controls next to you while watching TV....then when the mood hits, grab one, put a blade in and VRRROOOOMMMM! Then place it back down and wait till the mood hits again. lol

some photos:

FLASH ON CLASH

Vader Video:
(click photo to play, and turn sound on)
UGH can't get enough of that Vader ignition sound!!! It's taken RIGHT FROM the Carbon Freezing Chamber ignite sound)

From a comparison standpoint, I should mention their direct competition; The Black Series Force FX. Having owned plenty of those too, I iwll say that the Force FX has superior sound effects and sensors, BUT more often than not, they have the incorrect sound for the saber in question. For my money, it makes no sense to have a sensor that works perfectly when I swing it around IF it's going to be the incorrect sound. (I'm looking at you ROTJ Luke!) lol

Also, these have Flash on Clash which is SUPER awesome too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Indeed had some questions on the Black Series Force FX with the wrong sounds too . However many of them sound louder and have better sensors than GE sabers. The older MR FX ROTJ Luke had a better sound when compared. Though the newer types of FX sabers have a brighter and continuous LED strings.

Reaction score
Indeed had some questions on the Black Series Force FX with the wrong sounds too . However many of them sound louder and have better sensors than GE sabers. The older MR FX ROTJ Luke had a better sound when compared. Though the newer types of FX sabers have a brighter and continuous LED strings.
Yep, I grappled with this conundrum too. I went back and forth on the + and - of both the FX sabers and Legacy ones ....even throwing in the MR ones.

In the end, I landed on this very simple conclusion:

It is all a moot point about "better sensors" and "louder sounds" if the sounds are all incorrect. Plain and simple. lol
Furthermore, some like the Mace Windu are just simply the incorrect hilt design too; but that's an extreme exception.

With that said, I'll take the Legacy ones any day because of the unique and correct sounds, as well as FOC and removable blades.

Arriving today: Mace Windu
Arriving tomorrow: Obi Wan Kenobi ep1

Stay tuned for updates.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there a pic to share of the ROTJ Luke, with the cheap switch? Thanks!
When i was examining them at GE, the logical button that activates all of the other hilts does not work, instead, there is a simple plastic radio shack type 2 way switch to the right of that button that turns it on. it was an immediate turn off (no pun intended). It was like the switch you'd find on a hair buzzer. I wish I had taken pictures, but why does the hilt switch not activate it like every other one? was this intentional to the design? I'll be honest these will more often sit on their stands in a cabinet than be played with, do the display value is key for me. I want it to look as accurate as possible.

Reaction score
For $130 they won’t be super accurate. It’s definitely a nice cheap display piece.

Reaction score
That's just lazy not only inaccurate. The rest of them are pretty spot on.
I'm curious, what's so inaccurate about the activation switch? Several ROTJ prop photos I've seen (official) have this black switch on the side of the box, as well as the silver lever looking version.

Wouldn't this be accurate to that one variant?

Reaction score
I'm curious, what's so inaccurate about the activation switch? Several ROTJ prop photos I've seen (official) have this black switch on the side of the box, as well as the silver lever looking version.

Wouldn't this be accurate to that one variant?
I've never seen it. do you have a pic?

Reaction score
OK! , after looking at that, I could see how I might have been mistaken, but I am sure I am correct. There are explainable circumstances that are likely the culprit! I looked at the photos, and they looked correct. the GE saber I handled instead had a cheap switch that didn't resemble that one at all. I decided to look up photos of people's legacy Luke saber... and be damned, the switch resembled the one in that guide. I realized.... the one on display at GE probably had been dropped and the switch cover fell off. That could be why it looked like something from radio shack....because it was likely the functional electric switch without it's cover to hide it. I hope to visit GE again soon, and prove that to be the case. It's the only reason I passed on the saber I wanted most. :(

Reaction score
OK! , after looking at that, I could see how I might have been mistaken, but I am sure I am correct. There are explainable circumstances that are likely the culprit! I looked at the photos, and they looked correct. the GE saber I handled instead had a cheap switch that didn't resemble that one at all. I decided to look up photos of people's legacy Luke saber... and be damned, the switch resembled the one in that guide. I realized.... the one on display at GE probably had been dropped and the switch cover fell off. That could be why it looked like something from radio shack....because it was likely the functional electric switch without it's cover to hide it. I hope to visit GE again soon, and prove that to be the case. It's the only reason I passed on the saber I wanted most. :(
oooooh man, that's DEFINITELY what happened then. All ROTJ Luke sabers since the Master Replica days have had this type of activation switch. ....and yes, they merely decided to model it after that variant that you just read about.

Truthfully, I haven't seen any functioning ROTJ sabers that have that silver lever type thingie....I'm sure someone has one somewhere, but I've never seen one in any custom photos.

Be sure to report back if you wind up getting it!

Reaction score
oooooh man, that's DEFINITELY what happened then. All ROTJ Luke sabers since the Master Replica days have had this type of activation switch. ....and yes, they merely decided to model it after that variant that you just read about.

Truthfully, I haven't seen any functioning ROTJ sabers that have that silver lever type thingie....I'm sure someone has one somewhere, but I've never seen one in any custom photos.

Be sure to report back if you wind up getting it!
I feel silly now, i dont know if i will get back there any time soon if at all. I'm in my late 40s and this was my first trip to Florida let alone Disney. I was on my honeymoon. The Mrs wants to go back though so its possible.

Reaction score
Anyone who is local that can assist me to score a Forged Luke hilt from Galaxy Edge? Would be so deeply appreciate it. I would not mind paying a little extra for your kind effort.

Reaction score
Disney Legacy Obi Wan episode 1 arrived yesterday, and here's the scoop:

Another solid entry in the Legacy line... for sure. Hilt is drop dead gorgeous, albeit a bit on the lighter side, especially after just getting Windu's. The sound, like all of them can benefit from being a bit louder, but it is what it is. I still stand by my comments of "what sense is it in having a loud sound IF the sounds are all wrong anyway?" lol

Ignition sounds is gorgeous and sounds alllllllmost like Mace's, but with FAR LESS growling and grumbling...it's a very smoooooooth Jedi ignition sound.

Click photo below to play video, and be sure to toggle the sound ON:

The rest of the sounds effects are the same as Mace Windu's, but with faaaaaaar less growling and grumbling; overall they are far less aggressive. I love that about Mace's and I'm glad they did something to differentiate the two. It seems like the "Jedi sounds" are all shared in terms of swings/clashes, but the ignition sounds are unique. THAT is what I think sets these apart from the Force FX offerings honestly. In a perfect world I would have loved to have seen unique swings/clashes too, but whatever. As I stated above, they do tweak the overall sound of these shared effects from saber to saber, so that's good.

It should be noted however, the Ben Solo sound fonts are 100% unique and different from anything else, perhaps a sign of things to come in this line?

Lastly, the sensitivity of these sabers really seem to vary from hilt to hilt. Obi Wans is somewhere on the lower end of the sensitivity spectrum. Once you get past the idea that these sabers do not work on a 1:1 ratio of movement to sound, you will enjoy them a LOT more. It's basically turning the hilt to activate a SWING sound, and then moving your hand to match the sound that will play regardless of you continuing to move or not. Best way I can sum it up.

That said, Obi's sensitivity is ok, and offers up the same three swing sounds as the other Jedi sabers. Clash works just fine, and is triggered easily with a mere flick of the wrist, which then presents a lovely white flash on clash.

Early next week arrives Luke ROTJ saber, which will round out my purchases for now......until they announce more.
:)

This picture makes me happy:

Last edited:
Reaction score
In case anyone is addicted to IGNITION sounds, like I am ......here's all of them I own so far:

------------------------------------------------------------

*click image to play, toggle sound ON*

Ben Solo:

Darth Vader:
*hiiiiiiiiisssssssss!!!!!!*

Mace Windu:

Obi Wan:

Reaction score
Very nice display. Loving that Stormtrooper helmet. Looks like it's inspired by that exclusive HT 1:6 Stortmtrooper figure from couple years back

Reaction score
Very nice display. Loving that Stormtrooper helmet. Looks like it's inspired by that exclusive HT 1:6 Stortmtrooper figure from couple years back
Actually it is based off of that figure. My wife awhile back actually wanted that porcelain stormtrooper figure, and I was looking to buy one for her, but after some research, I was reading about a lot of quality control issues with them. I decided to build a 1:1 replica of the helmet instead, which I gave for her birthday but also an engagement gift.

With the exception of the lower "tubes" not having the colors inverted like the figure, the porcelain patterning, helmet and overall design is 100% faithful to the figure. I will never make another one for under $1k because this was a huge pain in the ass

Reaction score
Got around to doing some house cleaning and rearranging of some shelves, so got to put up the sabers for display! I really felt the temple guard mask and saber were better paired than keeping them separate but it's a good look I think

View attachment 342761View attachment 342762
Very stunning pics, I love the presentation!!

I had a couple of questions that someone might be able to help answer...

1. The stands you are using are from GE and they are extra $$$? How much does Disney charge for each and what is your opinion on them? Are they made with metal with some girth or are they all plastic?

2. Do they sell anything special as a holder for the... Kylo Ren, Darth Maul (double blade) and Ashoka Tano?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Very stunning pics, I love the presentation!!

I had a couple of questions that someone might be able to help answer...

1. The stands you are using are from GE and they are extra $$$? How much does Disney charge for each and what is your opinion on them? Are they made with metal with some girth or are they all plastic?

2. Do they sell anything special as a holder for the... Kylo Ren, Darth Maul (double blade) and Ashoka Tano?

Thanks!

The stands are $25. It's mostly all metal except for the black piece that slides out to reveal 2 different sized plastic tabs that you friction fit onto the metal bar. Personally they're not the greatest design as you have to fit each stand to the particular hilt and if it's not done correctly, the weight of the hilt can basically knock the bottom-end plastic tab out of place due to the bar being at a slight angle.

There's no other stand option currently for connected maul sabers

Reaction score
UPDATE:

My gooooooooodness ROTJ Luke is the clear winner! This and Ben Solo easily have the best motion swings (with good sensitivity), super, super, super reactive clashes, and without a doubt, the BEST ignition sound of them all.

The hilt by itself is a thing of beauty, and the swap-able emitter is acceptable because there is frankly no other way; so I'm ok with it.

Get a load of this:

*drool*

Ignition:
(click photo and toggle sound on)

....just added the extra wall mounts on the bottom, and here's the current setup:

Last edited: