Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Reaction score
Yesterday, 30 August, they were out of Rey and Vader but I believe they had all of the others. I wanted a Vader and my son wanted a Rey, but they were sold out of both all four days that we were there. I didn't know there was a deluxe boxed set with the hilt, blade, stand, wall mount and belt clip until yesterday, We almost settled for our second choices of Luke and Obi-Wan, but the guy showed us the deluxe version and said he had Rey and Vader so we wound up getting those. They dont come with the cool box, but you wind up with all the accessories for basically the same price as the hilt and the long blade.

Reaction score
Yesterday, 30 August, they were out of Rey and Vader but I believe they had all of the others. I wanted a Vader and my son wanted a Rey, but they were sold out of both all four days that we were there. I didn't know there was a deluxe boxed set with the hilt, blade, stand, wall mount and belt clip until yesterday, We almost settled for our second choices of Luke and Obi-Wan, but the guy showed us the deluxe version and said he had Rey and Vader so we wound up getting those. They dont come with the cool box, but you wind up with all the accessories for basically the same price as the hilt and the long blade.
Thanks for sharing that, very helpful! Hard to believe this thread is 8 pages deep and this is the first mention of all those inclusions. Any pics would be great, thanks!!

Reaction score
Ok, Galaxy's Edge is making prop replica collecting world a little more exciting!

For a lucky individual who purchases a red kyber crystal from the Galaxy's Edge counter for your Holocron/lightsaber hilt, you will get a chance to receive not just a red kyber crystal, but a black obsidian kyber crystal. Exactly like Cracker Jack!

A small note is included with these crystals;

"TODAY, YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING TRULY SPECIAL. THIS SMALL FRAGMENT OF OBSIDIAN IS INFUSED WITH THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE. WHEN PLACED INSIDE A LIGHTSABER OR HOLOCRON, THIS RARE FRAGMENT WITH UNNATURAL POWERS, MINED FROM A DARK SIDE SHRINE, WILL HAVE SIMILAR PROPERTIES AS A RED KYBER CRYSTAL."

Just like the red kyber crystal, you will get a red light if placed in the lightsaber hilt, but if placed inside a sith holocron (only sith), it will play Supreme Leader Snoke's teachings (prerecorded film lines)!

During the opening of the Galaxy's Edge, it was easy to find black obsidian crystals by using flashlight from the back of your camera, but now, since the only means to buy a crystal is through the sales counter, it is impossible to do so now. Also, it will be a very pricey venture to get them through regular purchase of red kyber crystals because now, the only way to purchase additional crystal is to buy a holocron as well.

I believe this brings a whole new level of excitement to collecting!

These must be very desired by some; there is currently an Ebay listing which garnered 14 bids at $305 (and we still got a day and half left!). Surely these are rare, but I believe over time, the price will go down, unless GE decides to stop including them as Cracker Jack prize and replace it with another crystal (maybe seasonal basis?).

What do you guys think?

Check out this video which shows a review!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, very helpful! Hard to believe this thread is 8 pages deep and this is the first mention of all those inclusions.
The reason is none of that is on display in their cases, and their is no signage. I've been in that shop literally a dozen times since June, and this thread is the first time I've heard of it also!

Reaction score
Ok, Galaxy's Edge is making prop replica collecting world a little more exciting!

For a lucky individual who purchases a red kyber crystal from the Galaxy's Edge counter for your Holocron/lightsaber hilt, you will get a chance to receive not just a red kyber crystal, but a black obsidian kyber crystal. Exactly like Cracker Jack!

A small note is included with these crystals;

"TODAY, YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING TRULY SPECIAL. THIS SMALL FRAGMENT OF OBSIDIAN IS INFUSED WITH THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE. WHEN PLACED INSIDE A LIGHTSABER OR HOLOCRON, THIS RARE FRAGMENT WITH UNNATURAL POWERS, MINED FROM A DARK SIDE SHRINE, WILL HAVE SIMILAR PROPERTIES AS A RED KYBER CRYSTAL."

Just like the red kyber crystal, you will get a red light if placed in the lightsaber hilt, but if placed inside a sith holocron (only sith), it will play Supreme Leader Snoke's teachings (prerecorded film lines)!

During the opening of the Galaxy's Edge, it was easy to find black obsidian crystals by using flashlight from the back of your camera, but now, since the only means to buy a crystal is through the sales counter, it is impossible to do so now. Also, it will be a very pricey venture to get them through regular purchase of red kyber crystals because now, the only way to purchase additional crystal is to buy a holocron as well.

I believe this brings a whole new level of excitement to collecting!

These must be very desired by some; there is currently an Ebay listing which garnered 14 bids at $305 (and we still got a day and half left!). Surely these are rare, but I believe over time, the price will go down, unless GE decides to stop including them as Cracker Jack prize and replace it with another crystal (maybe seasonal basis?).

What do you guys think?

Check out this video which shows a review!
I was able to just walk up and buy a red crystal last weekend. Many other people were doing it too. Didn't have to buy a holocron.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, very helpful! Hard to believe this thread is 8 pages deep and this is the first mention of all those inclusions. Any pics would be great, thanks!!
The reason is none of that is on display in their cases, and their is no signage. I've been in that shop literally a dozen times since June, and this thread is the first time I've heard of it also!
Ok, after doing a little research, it appears that what we got yesterday were Disney Park Exclusive sabers and not "deluxe" Legacy sabers. Sorry for the confusion, I'm not really a big prop guy. It is true that they really don't advertise that they sell these, though they did have the DPE Rey saver on display in the case with the Legacy hilts. One of the girls there told us the blade wasn't removable, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It wasn't until yesterday that a more knowledgeable employee of Dok Ondar showed us that they were. Now that I've seen some video reviews of the DPE sabers, I see the differences...but they are slight. Other than not coming in the Legacy box, the DPE doesn't make the "activation" sound when you insert the blade. You also have to unscrew the emitter shroud to remove the blade. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. The guy let me hold the "floor model" Legacy Rey and DPE Rey hilts side by side and they were identical in terms of appearance and quality. I definitely couldn't tell a difference. They didn't have a Legacy Vader hilt. Either way, the DPEs we got were $170 each, which is what we would have paid for the Rey and Vader Legacy hilts with blades alone so we got a better deal on what is, in all practically, the same thing plus a belt clip, stand, and wall mount.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to just walk up and buy a red crystal last weekend. Many other people were doing it too. Didn't have to buy a holocron.
Great to know, but it seems like no one will buy these like baseball booster packs as it would be extremely unpractical and prohibitively expensive. Well.. if there is someone with money to spend... dive in...:whistling:

I find these additions awesome and adds new layer of fun. Hopefully Dok Ondar will add more rarer mixes, perhaps with unique lighting or different activation sounds. More the merrier!

Last edited:
Reaction score
All kyber crystals were in stock all day yesterday. No temple guard, Vader, Ashoka or Rey sabers in stock.
My buddy built a saber at Savvi’s and I recorded and took pics, what a cool experience, think I’ll do it next time I go, definitely want a yellow blade.

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the lightsaber with the rancor tooth on the end , but that seems to be popular Disneyland guests.

Reaction score
Ok, after doing a little research, it appears that what we got yesterday were Disney Park Exclusive sabers and not "deluxe" Legacy sabers. Sorry for the confusion, I'm not really a big prop guy. It is true that they really don't advertise that they sell these, though they did have the DPE Rey saver on display in the case with the Legacy hilts. One of the girls there told us the blade wasn't removable, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It wasn't until yesterday that a more knowledgeable employee of Dok Ondar showed us that they were. Now that I've seen some video reviews of the DPE sabers, I see the differences...but they are slight. Other than not coming in the Legacy box, the DPE doesn't make the "activation" sound when you insert the blade. You also have to unscrew the emitter shroud to remove the blade. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. The guy let me hold the "floor model" Legacy Rey and DPE Rey hilts side by side and they were identical in terms of appearance and quality. I definitely couldn't tell a difference. They didn't have a Legacy Vader hilt. Either way, the DPEs we got were $170 each, which is what we would have paid for the Rey and Vader Legacy hilts with blades alone so we got a better deal on what is, in all practically, the same thing plus a belt clip, stand, and wall mount.
It's a very nice lightsaber. But looking at your picture, I can't help myself but to ask: Is that a real hen on the floor?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the lightsaber with the rancor tooth on the end , but that seems to be popular Disneyland guests.

Omg seriously. Looks way too fake and toyish. Would never buy it but people like it.

Reaction score
Omg seriously. Looks way too fake and toyish. Would never buy it but people like it.
I saw a lot of folks with it this past week and I agree. TBH, I wasn't very impressed with any of the build your own sabers that I saw. I'm sure it's probably more about the experience, but they kind of just look like the build your own lightsabers that Hasbro sells, only with a better blade and electronics.

Reaction score

Hmm camera uploads it sideways. Not sure how to fix that.

As you you can see there is a lot work still to be done. Missing some key items including a second lightsaber that my daughter will make.

Reaction score

Hmm camera uploads it sideways. Not sure how to fix that.

As you you can see there is a lot work still to be done. Missing some key items including a second lightsaber that my daughter will make.
Thank you for sharing! I can not wait to get to Galaxy’s Edge myself, hopefully by this coming January.

Reaction score
I agree the picture upload process could certainly be a little easier.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw a lot of folks with it this past week and I agree. TBH, I wasn't very impressed with any of the build your own sabers that I saw. I'm sure it's probably more about the experience, but they kind of just look like the build your own lightsabers that Hasbro sells, only with a better blade and electronics.
While it is certainly an experience, the sabers are a far cry from the Hasbro ones. I was meh on the whole idea (I own and am happy with my Black Series sabers) but the quality, feel, weight, ability to customize, etc. after messing around with the saber my buddy built (power and control) has convinced me that I am going to get one in the future.

Reaction score
Pics do not do the Savi sabers Justice. There is a definite heft to them and feel very nice in hand. They look very nice in person too. The experience adds a attachment to the saber afte ryou build
it too. Cheesy sounding I know but for me and a few others I’ve talked to it’s true. Like everything though it’s different for everyone.

Reaction score
The finish on the exterior parts on the build a saber does look really cheesy. Because of the way it's built they are all pretty oversized compared to BS or Legacy sabers. Although, the Tano hilts are huge. It's scaled for a 7' tall Tano.

Reaction score
I just got back from Galaxy's Edge over the weekend and got a good look at everything. I also built my own lightsaber which was a fun and gorgeous experience. I hope every deeply invested fan and prop/lightsaber nerd gets to do it some day. It's worth it. Also, as mentioned previously in the thread, the lightsabers are hefty. I was impressed with the overall quality and all of the little gimmicks. It was also cool to see the different takes everyone had on their sabers. They were all more distinct than I expected. I thought the combinations might be limited but they all end up looking cool and unique. It's a lot of fun.

As for the Legacy sabers, I was impressed. These definitely look better than Black Series or Force FX sabers. I appreciate how hard they tried to get them to work as hero props in addition to electronics lightsabers. They slot in nicely between the Black Series and a full hero prop replica. There are some compromises and some looked thicker and bigger than they should be (like Ahsoka's which were disappointingly huge--would've loved those if they were smaller) or a switch being in an inconvenient spot or the sound vents being too visible. But these are things only someone like me (us) would have issues with. I ended up getting the Kylo Ren and I'm very happy with it. I might dry brush a little in spots to make some details pop more but it's hefty and the detail is already impressive. I'll probably pick up another Legacy saber on my next visit. Not sure which one. Probably another that I wouldn't build--or haven't built--a hero myself. Hoping they do a Rise of Skywalker version of Rey's lightsaber at some point. That might be cool. I've built my other Graflex sabers but that's one I'm not sure I'd tackle.

Overall, that place made me so happy. I can't wait to go back.

Reaction score
I just got back from Galaxy's Edge over the weekend and got a good look at everything. I also built my own lightsaber which was a fun and gorgeous experience. I hope every deeply invested fan and prop/lightsaber nerd gets to do it some day. It's worth it. Also, as mentioned previously in the thread, the lightsabers are hefty. I was impressed with the overall quality and all of the little gimmicks. It was also cool to see the different takes everyone had on their sabers. They were all more distinct than I expected. I thought the combinations might be limited but they all end up looking cool and unique. It's a lot of fun.

As for the Legacy sabers, I was impressed. These definitely look better than Black Series or Force FX sabers. I appreciate how hard they tried to get them to work as hero props in addition to electronics lightsabers. They slot in nicely between the Black Series and a full hero prop replica. There are some compromises and some looked thicker and bigger than they should be (like Ahsoka's which were disappointingly huge--would've loved those if they were smaller) or a switch being in an inconvenient spot or the sound vents being too visible. But these are things only someone like me (us) would have issues with. I ended up getting the Kylo Ren and I'm very happy with it. I might dry brush a little in spots to make some details pop more but it's hefty and the detail is already impressive. I'll probably pick up another Legacy saber on my next visit. Not sure which one. Probably another that I wouldn't build--or haven't built--a hero myself. Hoping they do a Rise of Skywalker version of Rey's lightsaber at some point. That might be cool. I've built my other Graflex sabers but that's one I'm not sure I'd tackle.

Overall, that place made me so happy. I can't wait to go back.
Thanks for the feedback movieman, always enjoy reading the 1st hand experience and can’t wait to pickup a few of these Legacy sabers myself!

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy Galaxy Edge lightsabers outside of eBay? I’m located in Canada and won’t be able to visit Galaxy Edge in person for some time but I want to surprise my brother with the Obi-wan lightsaber for the holidays (it’s his favourite design). Everything on eBay seems to be double the original asking price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Reaction score
If you are asking for third party legit websites that sell them, that's unlikely that Disney is going to allow that plus they have their own ShopDisney app/site that sells parks merchandise, though I wouldn't expect to ever see Galaxy's Edge lightsabers online as Disney is touting the whole thing as part of the Galaxy's Edge experience, even the legacy sabers.
eBay is probably your best bet as far as not getting ripped off though (there's also Mercari but I don't know if you have that in Canada and prices are probably comparable to eBay). There are Disney personal shoppers on Facebook and social media but the prices are probably the same across the board plus shipping and customs fees are going to drive up the cost.

Reaction score
You might want to check the RPF, I seem to recall a thread in the Junkyard where somebody was will to do some targeted shopping and ship for cost!

Reaction score
I was really excited to get the pair of Ahsoka sabers until I saw how large and out of scale they are. It makes them look more like Hasbro roleplay toys than accurate adult-collectible replicas. Same goes for the Asajj Ventress saber. Way too big.

Reaction score
They have to make Ahsok’s big enough for internals and blade tube. All FX are bigger than standard hilts.

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and overpaid on eBay for the Kylo hilt- it’s one missing from my collection. It looks pretty good- I have it displayed next to my Kylo bust.

Reaction score
Pics are difficult to take of blade and light but it has better sound and lighting. Apparently neopixel since the end of the blade can do white lite for a dragging saber effect. The hilt is cleaner and a grayish color. Only downside is it doesn’t come with a belt clip like the Disney one does. Also blade is proprietary so it can’t be used with other GE hilts. But the tech is great. I’d YouTube it. I have it and it’s awesome. Pricey though.