Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Reaction score
theres a good Kylo legacy vs. BS video on youtube but the BS hilt is for sure heftier for Kylo. (I own the BS Kylo, held the legacy a couple weeks ago) The youtube video breaks it down better, the reviewer said the blade on the legacy is duller and shows it off, you see more light breaks in the blade when its on
Would you happen to have a link for this review?

Reaction score
So I watched some reviews on these and they look pretty nice, especially considering the price! One review (can't remember who the guys were) compared the Legacy Obi-Wan and Temple Guard sabers to one that they made at Savvis and the Legacy sabers seemed to be a lot nicer. Seriously thinking about picking one of these up when I am at GE in two weeks...but which to get? I was thinking maybe Rey's, but I have an old MR Anakin saber already....so maybe the Vader or ROTJ Luke.

Also wondering, as I've seen differing reports, but do they sell three different length blades at Dok Ondars or just two? I'd kind of like the medium length blade, but one reviewer said that was only available from Savvis.

Reaction score
I’m heading to WDW this November and Kylo’s hilt is my #1 priority! I have a reservation for Savi’s but that’s mainly for my son to have the experience. I am more interested in the legacy lightsabers. Does anyone have any good pictures of the Mace? That would be 2nd on my list unless they release a Dooku by the time I get there.
I'll be back on Batuu this weekend, so I'll post here what I find of the legacy sabers from Dok-Ondar's after that if still needed. My understanding is they have re-stocked, and raised prices since June.

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a link for this review?
can't find the Kylo one now but here are some reviews, a specific one for the Luke legacy vs BS

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kylo+ren+legacy+lightsaber+black+series+comparison&sp=CAASBAgFEAE%253D

So I watched some reviews on these and they look pretty nice, especially considering the price! One review (can't remember who the guys were) compared the Legacy Obi-Wan and Temple Guard sabers to one that they made at Savvis and the Legacy sabers seemed to be a lot nicer. Seriously thinking about picking one of these up when I am at GE in two weeks...but which to get? I was thinking maybe Rey's, but I have an old MR Anakin saber already....so maybe the Vader or ROTJ Luke.

Also wondering, as I've seen differing reports, but do they sell three different length blades at Dok Ondars or just two? I'd kind of like the medium length blade, but one reviewer said that was only available from Savvis.
there are two different blade lengths

Reaction score
CoolHand, thank you for sharing these detailed pics. Very much appreciated!! I would like to pick up one of these Kylo offerings as well, when I get a chance to go to GE.

Do you own any other MR/eFX saber hilts that you are comparing these Disney Legacy offerings to or are you just going off a previous encounter? Were there any other Disney Legacy offerings that you felt worth considering for purchase? Thanks!
I currently own or have owned all of the MR and eFX sabers. I was concerned the Legacy sabers wouldn't have enough heft and thus feel cheap. I'm relieved they have decent weight to them. I wanted to buy the Ahsoka sabers but they were sold out. That's the most expensive one. I like that they are her sabers from Rebels instead of redoing the Clone Wars eFX version. The Mace looked really good too, but I owned the MR version for years and am not in a hurry to buy it again. The Ventress looked very cool. I might consider that in the future.

Reaction score
I currently own or have owned all of the MR and eFX sabers. I was concerned the Legacy sabers wouldn't have enough heft and thus feel cheap. I'm relieved they have decent weight to them. I wanted to buy the Ahsoka sabers but they were sold out. That's the most expensive one. I like that they are her sabers from Rebels instead of redoing the Clone Wars eFX version. The Mace looked really good too, but I owned the MR version for years and am not in a hurry to buy it again. The Ventress looked very cool. I might consider that in the future.
Thanks for your insight! Do you believe these Galaxy’s Edge’s new lightsabers’ qualities are on par with MR and EFX’s limited edition blades? As limited edition collector in all things, I was hoping that EFX or other vendor will start producing rare and exquisite limited edition lightsabers for new movie installments, but I am afraid that if the Disney ones are equal in quality, then most likely the big board at Disney will not approve other prop replica makers from ever producing limited edition lightsabers. What do you think?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the legacy Kylo lightsaber to the Disney Parks one that’s available in other parts of the park and online?

Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of all the movie-based sabers offered at Galaxy's Edge and what their prices are? I have a friend going to WDW in February and may ask her to get one or two sabers for me, so I want to plan ahead.

Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of all the movie-based sabers offered at Galaxy's Edge and what their prices are? I have a friend going to WDW in February and may ask her to get one or two sabers for me, so I want to plan ahead.
https://wdwnt.com/2019/06/photos-every-merchandise-item-from-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

the post is months old and has comprehensive pics and info but prices were raised by $20 within the last month

I'll be back on Batuu this weekend, so I'll post here what I find of the legacy sabers from Dok-Ondar's after that if still needed. My understanding is they have re-stocked, and raised prices since June.
When I was there a couple weeks ago I believe the temple guard and Kenobi sabers were sold out

Has anyone compared the legacy Kylo lightsaber to the Disney Parks one that’s available in other parts of the park and online?
If you search YouTube there are reviews. Sounds like they took the weak soundboard from the Parks saber and put it in the legacy saber. Legacy supposedly looks, feel better quality.

Last edited:
Reaction score
https://wdwnt.com/2019/06/photos-every-merchandise-item-from-dok-ondars-den-of-antiquities-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

the post is months old and has comprehensive pics and info but prices were raised by $20 within the last month

When I was there a couple weeks ago I believe the temple guard and Kenobi sabers were sold out

If you search YouTube there are reviews. Sounds like they took the weak soundboard from the Parks saber and put it in the legacy saber. Legacy supposedly looks, feel better quality.
i compared the two Kylo hilts, almost exactly identical. Main difference is the clip on the hilt that attaches to belt clip. Screws are hex on the legacy while the parks one is Philips. Other than that from what I could see, same look and weight and feel. Sound board was slightly better but I won’t be upgrading my parks Rey or Kylo. Not worth it. If I could choose one it’d be legacy but not worth the upgrade price.

Reaction score
i compared the two Kylo hilts, almost exactly identical. Main difference is the clip on the hilt that attaches to belt clip. Screws are hex on the legacy while the parks one is Philips. Other than that from what I could see, same look and weight and feel. Sound board was slightly better but I won’t be upgrading my parks Rey or Kylo. Not worth it. If I could choose one it’d be legacy but not worth the upgrade price.
Thanks for that info Luis, I really hope they have the legacy available when I go in November then!

Reaction score
Based on my visit to Dok-Ondar's yesterday, here is what they have in their display case right now. The prices now range from $129 to $149 per saber.

Reaction score
Do they come with those stands? I haven't seen them mentioned in any of the reviews. If not, do they sell them separately?

Reaction score
I bought a BS Mace a couple days ago from Amazon Warehouse, should be arriving today.

My buddy decided to go to Disneyland next weekend and wants to build a saber so I made him a reservation

Also, kyber crystals are back for sale individually but now $14.99 each

Reaction score
What exactly do they mean by "screen matched"? Does that mean it's not an original prop?
I assumed it just means authentic, but for assurance, I googled the term and I believe it is an officially used term to denote a prop that genuinely appears in a film;

Screen Matched: A definitive match to a prop, costume, or item used on screen. A pattern (such as paint, wood-grain, etc), scratch, or identifying one of a kind mark(s), sometimes can be attributed to the item used in a specific scene or scenes.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
100k? I need 3. Wow! I gonna need an NBA contract to get one.
Master Replicas made two versions back in the Golden Age of prop collecting, an LE with 10k gold and a SE using 18K gold. I own the LE in my collection, I would be seeking the MR versions if I needed sabers, otherwise all but the Maul BD in this thread would do. The MR Maul BD LE is the best version of that model without comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Shadow, do you have direct feedback on how most of these GE hilts compare to MR in terms of quality, if you don’t have any of the MR offerings? I mean what are the exact specifics on why chasing down the MR versions would be worth all the extra money involved? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi Shadow, do you have direct feedback on how most of these GE hilts compare to MR in terms of quality, if you don’t have any of the MR offerings? I mean what are the exact specifics on why chasing down the MR versions would be worth all the extra money involved? Thanks!
I concur! Would be greatly appreciate from someone who has them both directly for comparison!

Discounting the signature fact, is limited edition EFX or MR lightsabers better in quality relative to Galaxy Edge’s one?

Reaction score
Is limited edition EFX or MR lightsabers better in quality relative to Galaxy Edge’s one?
In large part, YES. However the differences vary in significance based on which saber. Something like a Luke or Rey Graflex saber is pretty straightforward and easy to replicate. The difference in appearance is not that much at all, while the price difference could be significant. Other sabers, more specific in design like the Mace are hands down better as the MR version, but at a large price difference. Maybe the price savings is enough to make the differences not significant enough.

Essentially all of the GE legacy sabers are upgraded FX sabers in nature. They are designed to accept external blades, which on sabers like the Luke ROTJ or Obi-Wan ANH necessitate making the necks much fatter and require a large hole to insert the blade into. These limitations are not present on the static MR versions which are made to look as close as possible to the actual Hero prop seen on the screen. (I'm not going to get sidelined into the stunt sabers which are not the screen Hero sabers which can look completely different also.)

The Mace GE Legacy hilt does look pretty good for a very good price. Is it 100% as good as the MR, not in my opinion, but if it is 90% as good is it worth the price paid for the GE version? Absolutely!! There is a big cost difference between the two, so the cost makes the MR not worth the difference for users looking today. I can understand that.

The second MR LE saber I ever purchased was my Maul Battle Damaged LE. Even back at its release there was a lot of bad press right here on this board about it from prop purist, because it is considered idealized. The cut end is imagined what it would it look like since we never actually saw it close up on screen. The diagonal cut angle, the visible details inside of the saber including the red kyber crystal. The searing and heat stress marks around the cut section, all make it a work of art in my opinion. This is what the cut saber would look like in the real world to me. Does the GE Maul half saber have any of these details or finish? No, it does not. They are galaxies apart in appearance. If I was looking for a Maul, I would keep searching for the MR LE version.

Thy Kylo GE sabers I've seen in person are also conflicted in price/appearance in my opinion. I've seen much better licensed versions from other makers for prices 4x or 5x greater than what the GE version costs. I don't own any Kylo saber yet, so I would consider purchasing the Kylo from GE for their price and consider it good enough to display. I can't personally justify the much higher cost associated with the potential purchase of the better licensed versions as being that much better.

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I’m really intrigued by the Galaxy Edge lightsaber hilts. A question for folks with Ventress’s saber, would you recommend it in comparison to LE sabers? I doubt EFX will be producing this so I’m considerig taking the plunge.

Reaction score
Master Replicas made two versions back in the Golden Age of prop collecting, an LE with 10k gold and a SE using 18K gold. I own the LE in my collection, I would be seeking the MR versions if I needed sabers, otherwise all but the Mace BD in this thread would do. The MR Mace BD LE is the best version of that model without comparison.
Yeah, I am on the lookout for a Mace LE for years now LOL. This and the Luke Version 2.0 are the only sabers I am missing in my MR collection.

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I’m really intrigued by the Galaxy Edge lightsaber hilts. A question for folks with Ventress’s saber, would you recommend it in comparison to LE sabers? I doubt EFX will be producing this so I’m considerig taking the plunge.
I suppose depending on the popularity of the new Clone War series, prop makers will carry on the mantle and make a limited edition Ventress' hill.

I am all up for Ahsoka's new lightsabers in limited edition/signature edition format.

Reaction score
I bought the Ventress at Black Spire over the weekend. I really like it. It has a good weight to it. Your never going to see eFX make one, so go for it!

Reaction score
^^If you were to get 2, will they connect?^^
Yes, I plan to get another when I go back in a couple weeks. They have a "one same item per person" purchase policy at GE. They do connect! The saber comes with a connector and an L wrench. You take off the end and screw on the connector. Also, the covertech can be switched to the other side so you can wear two on your belt and they will hang correctly on each side.

Reaction score
So I only own one MR lightsaber which is the ROTS Anakin. Rest of my collection is BS: Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, Luke ROTJ, Luke ANH, Mace Windu, and Darth Vader. I purchased the Legacy Luke due to the fact that the hilt looks good and you can swap it with the thin neck. With that being said, I feel the sound quality of the BS are far superior. The sensor is a lot better than the legacy sabers so when you swing the sound change is smoother. The legacy saber lags or doesn't make a sound due to the sensor/quality not being there. The longer blade you can purchase (36 inch) is longer than the BS saber and flashes/changes color when you hit it on something. The hilts in my opinion look better, I wouldn't say its better quality, but it looks more accurate in my opinion. With the price point of around $200-$225 depending on the hilt and blade, is not a bad price point because you can display just the hilt. Both have pros and cons, however, I think the BS is better for $150.

Reaction score
I thought there was supposed to be an Ahsoka saber in this set? Is it sold out or not yet for sale?
I believe you are referring to the 2x white lightsabers used in Star Wars Rebels. I recall Ahsoka's set is the most expensive legacy hilts amongst all.

Reaction score
They do have Ashoka and yes I believe hers is the most expensive and most often sold out. I’ll be there tomorrow and will take a look at what they have in stock