Galaxy Edge's Legacy Lightsaber Hilts

Reaction score
I am surprised that not a single separate thread has been created for Disney's new lightsaber collection.
If I was in the States, I would have jumped on the chance to visit there, but my new calling overseas and family matter is keeping me fully occupied and hence, I ask you guys for reviews!

What do you guys think of Galaxy Edge's Legacy lightsabers?

1) Is the quality on par with Hasbro's black series lightsabers? Or does the quality trump even EFX's stunt lightsabers? How does it stand relative to the limited/legend editions made by MR and EFX?

2) If the quality is on par with the limited edition lightsabers sold by EFX and MR, does this signify the end of EFX's involvement in limited/legend edition lightsabers? Would you guys purchase EFX's limited edition lightsabers if they do come out in the future?

3) Has anyone talked to the folks at EFX regarding their current plans with lightsabers? Are they planning on introducting new lines? Or has Disney forbade EFX from ever making lightsabers that could come in direct competition with their existing products?

4) Do you guys plan on collecting them? There seems to be a huge variety of Galaxy's Edge legacy lightsabers being sold with plans for more.

5) With the introduction of Galaxy Edge's Legacy lightsabers, a huge influx of prospective lightsaber collectors and aficionados are popping in. IF, the ones sold at Disney is inferior in quality to the ones produced by MR or EFX, do you think these influx of new collectors will boost the "high-end" lightsaber collecting market in the near future as they yearn for more high-end lightsabers and find solace in lightsabers made by licensed prop replica companies (i.e. EFX)?

Just random questions I have with these new lightsabers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in Galaxy's edge in Anaheim at least once or twice a week, always imaging everything (stock library of literally thousands and growing). Dok-Ondar has become one of my favorite subjects. He has ran out of stock on most if not all of the legacy lightsabers this past month, so there is not much to show right now. (This is just a matter of retailing supply meeting demand. So given time it will self correct.) With the second opening of Galaxies Edge in Florida at the end of this month should help the East Coast fans.

From what I've seen, the lightsaber props aren't at the same level as the MR or EFX LE's of the past, but they aren't the same cost of those either, even at their original retail prices. These are more mass market, but still decent quality. Casual collectors who aren't into paying high end pricing would be satisfied with them. They fit that mass market, relatively low cost sabers that has been asked for years. I'm attaching one image I took early on from the showcase display of a Kylo Ren legacy saber.

Reaction score
Comparison of a Dooku MR and Ventress Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm in Galaxy's edge in Anaheim at least once or twice a week, always imaging everything (stock library of literally thousands and growing). Dok-Ondar has become one of my favorite subjects. He has ran out of stock on most if not all of the legacy lightsabers this past month, so there is not much to show right now. (This is just a matter of retailing supply meeting demand. So given time it will self correct.) With the second opening of Galaxies Edge in Florida at the end of this month should help the East Coast fans.
Thank you very much for the analysis and the gorgeous pictures!

Comparison of a Dooku MR and Ventress Legacy
Thank you Kareth for the comparison!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would really like to pick up an Asajj Ventress. I am actually waiting for all the rides, etc fully completed before planning a vacation to visit Galaxy's Edge.

Reaction score
I am actually waiting for all the rides, etc fully completed before planning a vacation to visit Galaxy's Edge.
That is a good strategy if you are making the trip. December for WDW; Jan 2020 for Anaheim.

In the meantime you can explore Batu, hang with your alliance, or fly crew in the Falcon.

Reaction score
The props and setup and environment looks very impressive. My plan is probably end of 2020 or January 2021. Its a long long LONGGGGGG flight from Malaysia. LOL. 17 hours! LOL

Will try to plan so that I can also catch an NBA Basketball game as well.

Reaction score
Dok-Endar is the ultimate prop collector/dealer. Fun to converse with him and his staff. I had a long conversation with a Battuan villager who was telling me of some his known escapades; Dok-Endar has allegedly been accused of scraping some of the rock from the namesake Black Spire outside of his shop to sell under the table to some offworlders. He's a real character.

If you know where to look to the left of the Wampa, you can spot the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ark of the Covenant up on that balcony. Dok gets around. The more you look around, the more easter eggs you find.

Reaction score
Any idea who made the helmets on the wall ? Disney made or did they perhaps outsource them from RS propmasters or someone like that ?

Reaction score
Disney now owns Lucasfilms, I suspicion many things are from the Lucasfilms archives. Others may be Anovos or EFX in origin.

Reaction score
Disney now owns Lucasfilms, I suspicion many things are from the Lucasfilms archives. Others may be Anovos or EFX in origin.
I highly doubt anything in there is from the archives. The archives were created to preserve set pieces/props for future new content reference and to preserve film history in general, not for saving items to be put up for display at a theme park. Most items were likely created by hand specifically for Galaxy's Edge.

Reaction score
I highly doubt anything in there is from the archives. The archives were created to preserve set pieces/props for future new content reference and to preserve film history in general, not for saving items to be put up for display at a theme park. Most items were likely created by hand specifically for Galaxy's Edge.
Spina Designs stated they created some of the props for Galaxy’s Edge.

https://twitter.com/tomspinadesigns/status/1159129161363075072?s=21

Last edited:
Reaction score
My question is did they build a replica of the Arc of the Covenant from Raiders, or is that the Arc from the film? They do have other full size shooting props from Raiders on display at the Indy ride, so it is not unheard of.

Reaction score
Following this thread with great interest! I have zero of the MR saber offerings and would so love to pick up a number of these Legacy offerings. Please share more pics and opinions for those whom have picked up some of the classics!

Reaction score
I have read couple articles saying that Galaxy Edge isn't bringing in the numbers of crowd that Disney is hoping to attract. Probably its still early and many of the attractions isn't up and running yet. I do wish they have added more OT elements to Galaxy Edge though.

Reaction score
I have read couple articles saying that Galaxy Edge isn't bringing in the numbers of crowd that Disney is hoping to attract. Probably its still early and many of the attractions isn't up and running yet. I do wish they have added more OT elements to Galaxy Edge though.
You have to remember as well that the featured rides are not open there yet either. The house of mouse isn't going to lose money, so if the ride doesn't fix it they will revamp it. I do know that they are adding Vader to the park. Pretty sure my wife either booked a breakfast with Vader in Disney world, or booked some photo op thing.

Reaction score
Their are a lot of articles out right now explaining why they succeeded in ways they never envisioned.

The park revenues are actually UP from last year from increased sales per visitor. In order to control the demand for Galaxies Edge they have raised the admission costs considerably to the park, they have blocked all but the highest level AP passes for the regulars until September, the local area hotels have all raised their rates for a stay, they have only opened half of the planned rides to date, with the main attractions due early next year.

What these factors have done is raise the guest experience to the highest levels by creating a much less crowded park with minimal wait times and no overcrowding. You can wander in and out of Galaxies Edge at any time without the boarding passes they had initially planned for. They now have advanced day reservations available for booking your visit to Savi's workshop build a saber experience, the Droid Depot build a droid and Oga's cantina. This has all combined to make it the best time to be in the park from a visitors point of view. It just keeps getting better, I need to finish this post, I'm heading there now.

Reaction score
Their are a lot of articles out right now explaining why they succeeded in ways they never envisioned.

The park revenues are actually UP from last year from increased sales per visitor. In order to control the demand for Galaxies Edge they have raised the admission costs considerably to the park, they have blocked all but the highest level AP passes for the regulars until September, the local area hotels have all raised their rates for a stay, they have only opened half of the planned rides to date, with the main attractions due early next year.

What these factors have done is raise the guest experience to the highest levels by creating a much less crowded park with minimal wait times and no overcrowding. You can wander in and out of Galaxies Edge at any time without the boarding passes they had initially planned for. They now have advanced day reservations available for booking your visit to Savi's workshop build a saber experience, the Droid Depot build a droid and Oga's cantina. This has all combined to make it the best time to be in the park from a visitors point of view. It just keeps getting better, I need to finish this post, I'm heading there now.

Ah ok. Very strategic move by the folks at Disney. Yeah crowd control is super necessary so that fans will have a chance to enjoy the place. When I go, I plan to do it during the off season. When kids are in school, etc to avoid the crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully, we can get some more posts here in this thread regarding the quality and offerings for the Galaxy's Edge Legacy sabers!

Reaction score
I went to Batuu for my second visit yesterday. It was crowded. Much more than when I went at the end of June. Line for the Falcon ride was almost TWO HOURS . It dropped down to 60 minutes later in the day. Picked up a Kylo saber and a buddy got the Skywalker one. I also got the Comlink, which can be used as a blue tooth device to work with your phone. Still couldn't get a reservation for Oga's cantina. Ate at the Docking Bay again. Delicious healthy food there. Had a ronto wrap later in the day and that was good too. Loved watching 8D8 turning the meat rotisseries.

Reaction score
I went to Batuu for my second visit yesterday. It was crowded. Much more than when I went at the end of June. Line for the Falcon ride was almost TWO HOURS . It dropped down to 60 minutes later in the day. Picked up a Kylo saber and a buddy got the Skywalker one. I also got the Comlink, which can be used as a blue tooth device to work with your phone. Still couldn't get a reservation for Oga's cantina. Ate at the Docking Bay again. Delicious healthy food there. Had a ronto wrap later in the day and that was good too. Loved watching 8D8 turning the meat rotisseries.
You have to show us closeup images of Kylo Ran's saber and Luke Skywalker one!

Reaction score
I made my second visit to GE last weekend (first visit was on opening day) and this time really got a chance to explore Dok Ondar's. Almost all of the Legacy Sabers were in stock, temple guard and one other were out of stock. I held the Mace in my hand and really gave it some debate, it felt nice and sturdy, and while having a detachable blade is cool, they just don't look or feel as sturdy as the BS sabers so I am probably going to just go that route.
I will say that the details on the legacy sabers are great should you go that route.

Reaction score
theres a good Kylo legacy vs. BS video on youtube but the BS hilt is for sure heftier for Kylo. (I own the BS Kylo, held the legacy a couple weeks ago) The youtube video breaks it down better, the reviewer said the blade on the legacy is duller and shows it off, you see more light breaks in the blade when its on

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the images!

Is that plastic? Or resin? Or a mix of resin or plastic and metal?

Also, how is the weight relative to the limited edition by EFX or MR?
It's a mixture of plastic and metal. It's a decent amount of metal. Weight feels in line with the MR or EFX sabers. Definitely better weight than a "build-your-own" at Savi's Workshop. It comes with the cross blades. I didn't buy the primary blade since I only want it for display.

Reaction score
It's a mixture of plastic and metal. It's a decent amount of metal. Weight feels in line with the MR or EFX sabers. Definitely better weight than a "build-your-own" at Savi's Workshop. It comes with the cross blades. I didn't buy the primary blade since I only want it for display.

Wow! Looks awesome! Finally a licensed Kylo Ren hilt. How much does yours cost?

Reaction score
I’m heading to WDW this November and Kylo’s hilt is my #1 priority! I have a reservation for Savi’s but that’s mainly for my son to have the experience. I am more interested in the legacy lightsabers. Does anyone have any good pictures of the Mace? That would be 2nd on my list unless they release a Dooku by the time I get there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here you go!

Second from last photo shows the activator switch.
CoolHand, thank you for sharing these detailed pics. Very much appreciated!! I would like to pick up one of these Kylo offerings as well, when I get a chance to go to GE.

Do you own any other MR/eFX saber hilts that you are comparing these Disney Legacy offerings to or are you just going off a previous encounter? Were there any other Disney Legacy offerings that you felt worth considering for purchase? Thanks!

Last edited: