Galaxies Edge Droids

Reaction score
This went up on the official site just a little while ago. Droid building is confirmed, but these do not look like the 3.75” scale BAD droids. If they are they look sharper than ever.

And concept art of the building area

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm going to be so disappointed if there aren't 3.75 versions of these. I really want that R3-M3 look-alike since Hasbro completely botched it. :/

Reaction score
I hope we do end up with some new 3.75 droids, would seem like a waste of a gonk droid sculpt if we don’t get some new ones out of it!

Reaction score
Just read the article on io9. The droids in the picture are larger as well as remote controlled. It also states in the article that all merchandise sold within Galaxies Edge will be “In universe”. Basically nothing from the real world will be sold at the merchants.

Reaction score
I hope we do end up with some new 3.75 droids, would seem like a waste of a gonk droid sculpt if we don’t get some new ones out of it!
so true. I'm still hoping for an "imperial disguised" repainted chopper

Reaction score
They should repaint the old 3.75 version to reflect the new colors. Throw in a DJ booth and I’m a happy camper. See upper left in the back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They should repaint the old 3.75 version to reflect the new colors. Throw in a DJ booth and I’m a happy camper. See upper left in the back.

It would be awesome to get a DJ booth with REX. The picture in my initial post he actually has headphones on.
It is cool that they found something fitting for him (REX was retired from Star Tours pilot & now DJs in his twilight years).
There are plenty of DJs & booths in a galaxy far far away, not including the one in TLJ.

Yes these are all by me, & yes I am a DJ.

Reaction score
Just read the article on io9. The droids in the picture are larger as well as remote controlled. It also states in the article that all merchandise sold within Galaxies Edge will be “In universe”. Basically nothing from the real world will be sold at the merchants.
So essentially "Disney" EU. lol
Which is fine with me, maybe we'll finally get something new and unique?
Though I hope it translates into 3.75" scale too.

Reaction score
Can't find a GE thread but with the opening dates announced I just had my work time off approved. Requested an AirBNB but waiting on a response from the host. Gahhh hurry up and get here May 31!!!

Reaction score
So much for me buying anything from Galaxies Edge then. I really thought the park was going to be themed around the original films, as the ones everyone is familiar with, young and old, and that didn't happen. Now the merchandise they'll sell will only be based on Galaxies Edge, nothing from the movies. I'm not saying I won't visit the attraction, but as far as buying any collectibles, I really have no interest.

Reaction score
Product based on the previous films are still going to be sold at the Star Trader and World of Disney stores so :shrug:

Reaction score
I made a comment which did not attempt to insult anyone. Was there a need for the "so" and shrug at the end of yours? I'm dealing with kid-like mentality here. Enjoy your toys, Chip.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I'll most likely build a droid with my son and a lightsaber for myself.

Reaction score
So much for me buying anything from Galaxies Edge then. I really thought the park was going to be themed around the original films, as the ones everyone is familiar with, young and old, and that didn't happen. Now the merchandise they'll sell will only be based on Galaxies Edge, nothing from the movies. I'm not saying I won't visit the attraction, but as far as buying any collectibles, I really have no interest.
what merchandise were you expecting from the OT? They’re having lightsabers and droids from OT and some animals too. Also Jedi and Sith costuming. Doesn’t help Disney is staying away from OT and going for ST.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From that article, I took it simply as you won't be buying a plush Mickey Mouse, or a disneyland souvenir sweat shirt in Galaxy Edge shops. They will only sell Star Wars themed merch, whatever movie/theme/show, etc they come from. The "gift shops" won't include other Disney stuff, like the Star Trader shop (Disneyland) does.

I did not take it at all that it was only characters, etc from "Galaxies Edge" and the new planet/narrative they came up with.

Eh, I re-read that last paragraph. I see what you mean. I am sure we will end up seeing some cool new stuff however, like the Prequel era Jedi statues, etc. But no, maybe we won't end up seing new "toys" . I really thought they would sell the Sandcrawler, and a few select items like that, but who knows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If they're gonna stick to the 100% roleplaying with such commitment, setting it in the ST era is actually pretty smart, as it ensures all previous chronological films have already happened and thus props from those eras can end up being sold on Batuu.

Why powerful Force-imbued relics are among these is anyone's guess. Honestly, a holocron or Sith-infested urn would be worth millions in-universe.

Reaction score
I made a comment which did not attempt to insult anyone. Was there a need for the "so" and shrug at the end of yours? I'm dealing with kid-like mentality here. Enjoy your toys, Chip.:rolleyes:
Damn fellow fan of Chip and you're one thin skinned mug Chuck!!
I also made no attempt to insult anyone so, again - :shrug: