Galactic_throwbacks

Reaction score
I bought around $1,300 worth of POTF coins from this guy last winter. All but one had been buffed out and mechanically altered to the point that AFA would not even grade them. This guy buys old beater coins and shines them up real nice. About the equivelant of using a marker to fill in nicks to cards. Makes you wonder about the rest of his items. I got my money back after about 4 months of ebay/paypal red tape. Watch out.

Reaction score
I am pretty sure this seller bought out the "Bucket Coins" from the big find in Kentucky. He has been re-selling them for a while after he cleans and polishes them up . Most of those coins were in extremely poor condition but there were many Yak Face and other high end coins in that find. You can read more about them on this POTF coin Facebook group and some other links on Rebelscum.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/potfcoins/?ref=bookmarks
https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1138266

Reaction score
I’ve jumped back into the hobby from a prolonged absence and I seemed to have forgot one of the golden rules:

Do your research first.

I purchased a coin from Galactic_throwbacks and the coin had obviously been polished to the point where the compound (abrasive) that was used was still visible on the coin.

If anyone sees a coin on eBay where the letters on the coin have a dark outline, it has most likely been polished.

Luckily, I found this thread, contacted the seller and he (or she) offered a refund.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Purchased from galactic_throwbacks. Got a polished coin

I’ve jumped back into the hobby from a prolonged absence and I seemed to have forgot one of the golden rules:

Do your research first.

I purchased a coin from Galactic_throwbacks and the coin had obviously been polished to the point where the compound (abrasive) that was used was still visible on the coin.

If anyone sees a coin on eBay where the letters on the coin have a dark outline, it has most likely been polished.

Luckily, I found this thread, contacted the seller and he (or she) offered a refund.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
It’s it bad sellers like this can’t at least be upfront and honest about their coins. I’m hesitant to purchase any coins on eBay due to all of the bucket coins and restrikes out there.

Reaction score
Yep, I’m done with ungraded coins. I can’t tell from pictures what has been tinkered with.