Galactic Trading Post (GTP) Spacewalls.

Reaction score
A little annoyed with this thing. I don't mind delays, its a unique item I want that no one else sells, I don't mind waiting, but the lack of a simple email or website update that simply says something along the lines of hey we hit a snag expect your product late April or something along those lines seems really unprofessional and is starting to make me think about how long I have to cancel the order if I don't at least get some idea of the new timeline. My 2 cents.
Supposedly we're getting an update on Friday according to Out of the Basement that made a Youtube video a couple days ago questioning the lack of news from the company.

Reaction score
I’ve had this thing in my back of my memory banks for the past 4-5 months, and today I decided to follow up on it only to find a concerning lack of info. My gf pre ordered this for me as a gift, so I’m hoping it doesn’t vanish into the ether. I admit that it’s odd for them to go totally silent for 4+ months, but I can’t help but assume that a company producing an officially licensed product wouldn’t ghost so many pre orders. Hopefully we get some sort of communication soon.

Reaction score
I admit that it’s odd for them to go totally silent for 4+ months, but I can’t help but assume that a company producing an officially licensed product wouldn’t ghost so many pre orders.
Unfortunately, there is some precedence with the Star Wars license where some pretty big companies have taken a lot of pre-orders and then never delivered. So far it's mostly been the Replica Prop companies like Master Replicas, EFX, and now Anovos that have taken pre-orders and then either shut down, taken years to deliver, or are now just in limbo.

Hopefully GTP just got a little overwhelmed going from unofficial to official and will make good on things.

Reaction score
Out of the Basement is now reporting that the set has been delayed until June according to a sticky comment on their video. Still no word through official channels, maybe they meant next Friday?

Reaction score
To be honest, June was always a more realistic delivery date. March always seemed wildly optimistic to me between the complexity of the item and COVID-related issues at every level (materials, factory, shipping).

Reaction score
Did everybody get the email with news that was sent out yesterday? It said due to low sales volume, this new item will be pre-order only. I tried to take a look at their website, to make up my mind...the problem is, it isn't up at the moment!

Reaction score
I've sent an email asking for status of my order.
Surprise - no response.
Even worse, I realized I didn't get any confirmation email at all, only proof I have is amazon pay email with order number.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
Here's the email I got, in case not everyone got it..

"UPDATE
Hello Everyone !
I am so sorry its been so long since you have heard from GTPTOYS. Let me catch you up to what has been going on. John has left GTP to do something profitable. Good for him - but has left me alone to finish up production and basically everything else. He was the one responding to emails and posting in social media. I am trying to get caught up. I appreciate your patience and trust in GTP.
2021 has not been a smooth year for GTP ( now just me ). Production is delayed. I’m finally getting in the parts that I expected in the end of December. I do not have an exact date, but its looking like a shipping date of late July / August. It sucks - I know. With all the Covid restrictions, I have not been able to be at the factory and oversee and push things along quickly. As of today I have 1 of the 8 unique wall panels. They needed a couple tweaks to make sure there are no sink marks and then will be polished for production. Here is a picture of the first shot.
I will have the other parts in about 2 weeks or less and i will share those photos as well.

I am deeply sorry for the lack of communication. It is unacceptable, and I do apologize. The only way I can hope to make up for it is to deliver you the most incredible Star Wars set you have ever seen.

There hasn't been a whole lot of things to show and share until now, but pictures are videos of the lighting will be rolling in now. The lighting on this set is truly next level.

something else to mention - due to such low sales volume these will be PRE ORDER ONLY and will not be made available after this."

Reaction score
What is it about becoming an official Star Wars license holder (aside from the obvious licensing fees) that sends people and companies into a downward spiral? Looking at you, EFX and ANOVOS among others in the past.

There must be some kind of curse.

Reaction score
What is it about becoming an official Star Wars license holder (aside from the obvious licensing fees) that sends people and companies into a downward spiral? Looking at you, EFX and ANOVOS among others in the past.

Certainly seems like there's some truth within that.
What a shame if it turns out that they are smothering all the good stuff made by fans for the fans.

Reaction score
I got that email today.

I kind of don't have a ton of money right now, so if it can ship in the fall - I'm cool with that.

This was supposed to be my 'one last hurrah' as far as "big ticket item Star Wars expenditures" goes.*

(*Still repeatedly fighting the urge to buy a Kenner Death Star playset off eBay. lolz)

I still collect about 3 out of every 10 BS6 series figs released, but I am trying to cut back to "essentials only". :rolleyes: :LOL:

I definitely still want this Tantive set no matter what.!! :love:
It is the opening scene of a movie that has been permanently etched into my brain 44 years ago when I was 7 years old. o_O

Last edited:
Reaction score

Besides the licensing fees, I am sure getting approvals for everything is just tiresome & tedious. & Ideas for products that they are excited to create being denied, or having to be changed to get approved. Then, any change from what was approved needing to be approved. I imagine it is very similar to dealing with building inspectors etc. All for what? I’m all for approval trying to guarantee a quality product, but I think we have all seen absolute crap junk with the SW brand.

In the case of GTP, it really frustrates me that they had to quit making a fantastic & successful product because it fell into a category that was under an exclusive license. If I have my facts correct they couldn’t license & sell the modular Spacewalls because Lego has an exclusive license to sell Star Wars ‘Modular or Build’ playsets. To get licensed they
basically had to get rid of one of the key things (modular walls) that made their product so successful. Before the Disney acquisition I think Lucasfilm licensing would have seen how it was a great product that fans loved & figured something out.

In the end I think the license fee takes too much. & what is left is not worth it all.

Reaction score
Besides the licensing fees, I am sure getting approvals for everything is just tiresome & tedious. & Ideas for products that they are excited to create being denied, or having to be changed to get approved. Then, any change from what was approved needing to be approved. I imagine it is very similar to dealing with building inspectors etc. All for what? I’m all for approval trying to guarantee a quality product, but I think we have all seen absolute crap junk with the SW brand.
Definitely. Don't ever underestimate the difficulties imposed by Disney when they get control of something.

In the case of GTP, it really frustrates me that they had to quit making a fantastic & successful product because it fell into a category that was under an exclusive license. If I have my facts correct they couldn’t license & sell the modular Spacewalls because Lego has an exclusive license to sell Star Wars ‘Modular or Build’ playsets. To get licensed they
basically had to get rid of one of the key things (modular walls) that made their product so successful. Before the Disney acquisition I think Lucasfilm licensing would have seen how it was a great product that fans loved & figured something out.

In the end I think the license fee takes too much. & what is left is not worth it all.
Also, apparently with this company (GTP), one of the two main guys left and has gone off to do his own thing, leaving one guy trying to run everything by himself. I think because of these two reasons, the company is having a hard time.

I want to see them get this product out successfully, but I'm a little hesitant to spend the money and wondering how long the wait would be.

Reaction score
What an unfortunate turn of events. I have a few sets of the original 3.75" Death Star walls from them and they are amazing. I was hoping that becoming an official vendor would have had the opposite outcome. But honestly with Hasbro now producing similar sets for 3.75" I can't see a way that they don't follow suit with 6" sets making anything GTP plans on doing overpriced and obsolete. Obviously a set from Hasbro won't have the array of blinking lights etc but it also won't be $200 and will be available through normal outlets and in better quantities.

Reaction score
I'm surprised Haslab hasn't done this yet. It takes any risk out of releasing large scale items at this point. The modular aspect of this product was the best thing about it. Now that it's gone. I don't see collectors interests being the same. Sadly.

The modular aspect was almost the best thing about them. It's such nonsense they can't be allowed to do that.
It's not even competing with Lego ...

Reaction score
The modular aspect was almost the best thing about them. It's such nonsense they can't be allowed to do that.
It's not even competing with Lego ...
Exactly. They made their first official item totally opposed to everything that made them successful. Not customizable, HUGE, etc.
I will say I’ve been on the fence about like ordering the Tantive set. But every time the thought that it needs it’s own shelf has held me back. We’ll see. I want to support the company. I just don’t want this set in particular that much

Reaction score
Exactly. They made their first official item totally opposed to everything that made them successful. Not customizable, HUGE, etc.
I will say I’ve been on the fence about like ordering the Tantive set. But every time the thought that it needs it’s own shelf has held me back. We’ll see. I want to support the company. I just don’t want this set in particular that much
And they are not allowed to sell outside US and CAN either.

Reaction score
Even if I was able to buy this set, which is gorgeous, it would mean putting up $200 just for the set, then another $186 for what is most certainly unavoidable VAT and tax for a big packet from abroad. .. so almost double the price.
I wish I could support it, but several factors obstruct this, not just the price.
I don't blame you on that. That price is ridiculous. Lego must have such a tight grip on what is considered modular playset licensing.

The 3rd party 3D printing market is already copying the original Space Walls on Etsy. I'm considering that route to expand on what I have but I'm not sure the color will match with GTP stuff?

Another case of Disney ruining a good thing.. :(

Reaction score
I don't blame you on that. That price is ridiculous. Lego must have such a tight grip on what is considered modular playset licensing.

The 3rd party 3D printing market is already copying the original Space Walls on Etsy. I'm considering that route to expand on what I have but I'm not sure the color will match with GTP stuff?

Another case of Disney ruining a good thing.. :(
It does seem very much like the corporate overlords doing what they do very well ...
GTP could/can be well off, it it wasn't for dumb restrictions.

The 3D route is a more economic one, although if not resin, the downside is very much those ugly layers/stripes.

Reaction score
There will probably be some images/videos soon, showing how it connects together.
It appears it might not be impossible to alter the configuration of the set.
So stay tuned to that thread.

Reaction score
There will probably be some images/videos soon, showing how it connects together.
It appears it might not be impossible to alter the configuration of the set.
So stay tuned to that thread.
I hope the sale price holds until that happens!!! Some good (and actual) photos showing this could push some folks who are on the edge. Like me!