Galactic Trading Post (GTP) Spacewalls.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC
Sorry if this has a thread somewhere in here I looked 5 pages deep and didn't see one.

Did anyone get an email from GTP that they launched their (now officially licensed) GTP 6" Space walls yesterday? I guess they launched the preorders for their 6" scale Tantive IV Hallway but the site had an issue due to so much traffic hitting it.

https://spacewalls.net

I'm more of a pick-and-choose collector for 6" but this backdrop much like the Hasbro one would be great for display IMO.

Reaction score
Sorry if this has a thread somewhere in here I looked 5 pages deep and didn't see one.

Did anyone get an email from GTP that they launched their (now officially licensed) GTP 6" Space walls yesterday? I guess they launched the preorders for their 6" scale Tantive IV Hallway but the site had an issue due to so much traffic hitting it.

https://spacewalls.net

I'm more of a pick-and-choose collector for 6" but this backdrop much like the Hasbro one would be great for display IMO.
Thx for the post. I wasn’t aware these guys finally went live. It looks really cool. Too big for me at this stage but still cool. I’ll def be keeping an eye in the future though

Reaction score
I keep telling myself, this is the last big ticket item I will purchase, but is there any chance that Hasbro would release the same?

Reaction score
I've been impatiently waiting for this reveal as I love my space walls. I was definitely part of that traffic yesterday!

Unfortunately (for me), the rumors turned out to be true: the set is non-modular and non-Imperial. So, I'll most likely be taking pass. Looks fantastic though, just as you'd expect from GTP.

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger, $212 w tax and shipping! o_O :p 😜

WTF am I doing???
Don’t beat yourself up too bad lol. If I had the space I’d pick this up too. It’s a really gorgeous set. Unfortunately for me I’d have to install a new shelf to have enough room. I don’t think the price is too bad

Reaction score
Jeeze that is pricey. Maybe better off buying a couple of the 3.75" set and stacking them up or something :ROFLMAO:
Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially since it has LED lighting built in. Their stuff was kind of pricey before, but worth every penny. This set is pretty huge (36" long). If they were still selling individual pieces like they used to, it would cost more than $200 to duplicate this set up.

Reaction score
Seems pretty reasonable to me, especially since it has LED lighting built in. Their stuff was kind of pricey before, but worth every penny. This set is pretty huge (36" long). If they were still selling individual pieces like they used to, it would cost more than $200 to duplicate this set up.
Admitted I didn't know about the LED. Also I love GTP. I have the 3.75" Death Star walls and they are perfection.

Reaction score
The most critical issues for shelves are the height and depth, not width, at least for me. The shipping box is listed as 12"x12"x12" so it is probably less than 12" tall and deep. I'm probably down for at least 1 of these because displaying figures without a proper setting just looks sad to me.

I've been impatiently waiting for this reveal as I love my space walls. I was definitely part of that traffic yesterday!

Unfortunately (for me), the rumors turned out to be true: the set is non-modular and non-Imperial. So, I'll most likely be taking pass. Looks fantastic though, just as you'd expect from GTP.
It includes 6 wall panels and 5 pillars so there has to be some modular-bility? Obviously you won't be able to turn a corner with it but you should be able to rearrange them at the least.

Reaction score
The dimensions are roughly 36" long, 9" tall and 10" deep. Seems to have been made with a shelf in mind.

They said that the walls and pillars are individual parts and you technically could put some on the opposite side, but it's meant to be built as shown. So doesn't sound super modular.

I was really hoping they would reveal their next phase of DS walls.

Reaction score
It certainly is detailed and very nice looking, I simply don't do dioramas in 6' scale though as it just takes up too much space. That said, I would probably buy a 6'' wall of the Emperor's throne room area. That is the one scene I chose to recreate on 6'' form.

I do question why these walls right on the heels of the 3.75" version, they could have easily gone with any other source right now and revisited this one later. Not that it's competition being two separate scales, but visually it feels like a repeat.

Reaction score
It certainly is detailed and very nice looking, I simply don't do dioramas in 6' scale though as it just takes up too much space. That said, I would probably buy a 6'' wall of the Emperor's throne room area. That is the one scene I chose to recreate on 6'' form.

I do question why these walls right on the heels of the 3.75" version, they could have easily gone with any other source right now and revisited this one later. Not that it's competition being two separate scales, but visually it feels like a repeat.
...because they are different scales?

Reaction score
I do agree that it's not nearly as exciting as the 3.75" scale version....and a big part of that is because we have seen a 3.75" version.

I know GTP has mostly been 6" stuff, but do we think it's going to continue to trend further that way and less the 3.75" stuff? I mean with Hasbro now putting out 3 solid 3.75" scale sets...you gotta wonder if GTP is going to ditch the scale completely and just focus on 6" stuff seeing as I don't see Hasbro tackling that scale ever in a diorama format.

Reaction score
This looks great, but ....

Whats the price of the 3.75 Hasbro set ? around 50,-
They have the 3D models, so I think Hasbro could easily scale their set up. My math would go like double the scale, double the price to 100,- and it could be double the size of the GTP, minus LEDs

Reaction score
This looks great, but ....

Whats the price of the 3.75 Hasbro set ? around 50,-
They have the 3D models, so I think Hasbro could easily scale their set up. My math would go like double the scale, double the price to 100,- and it could be double the size of the GTP, minus LEDs
You're forgetting the recent trend with price increase for Hasbro things. Add another $50 then we're about there :)

Reaction score
...because they are different scales?
Oh please--Disney would allow 12 more scales of this at once, if somebody came forward with the designs. One thing they don't care about is "flooding the market." I predict LEGO is next (and that's overdue).

Now to my complaint: As somebody said, this set doesn't look as modular as Space Walls (which are amazing). My big problem with this set, and what keeps me from jumping on it, is the extra space behind the door; the very partial hallway placed there. Sounds dumb, but the door--where the Stormtroopers and Vader come in--is supposed to be the front of the diorama, like what JazzInc Dioramas did. That small amount of extra space serves no purpose whatsoever. It's an afterthought, and it's probably technically wrong. We could argue about what belongs there, but it's never shown in the film of course...this fact, and the fact the hallway doesn't look quite wide enough to pose a battle, are stopping me from ordering it.

The JazzInc diorama is modular (and still available)--you can set up walls on both sides of the hallway, for example. OR, you can have it one-sided like GTP shows. They were even kind enough to sell me an extra floor panel to accomplish this.

Now, that said, JazzInc changed materials on me, regarding the wall boxes and pillars, by the time I ordered mine. Their original examples are glossy, shiny, and smooth, but what I received is rough in texture, and not as bright white. It still photographs well (see photo; without a lightbox or anything special), but what I'm saying is, I'd love to sell it and jump on the new GTP version...I'm just not convinced! I wish someone here could give us some behind-the-scenes info, while it's still on sale at pre-order prices!

Attachments

Reaction score
Oh please--Disney would allow 12 more scales of this at once, if somebody came forward with the designs. One thing they don't care about is "flooding the market." I predict LEGO is next (and that's overdue).

Now to my complaint: As somebody said, this set doesn't look as modular as Space Walls (which are amazing). My big problem with this set, and what keeps me from jumping on it, is the extra space behind the door; the very partial hallway placed there. Sounds dumb, but the door--where the Stormtroopers and Vader come in--is supposed to be the front of the diorama, like what JazzInc Dioramas did. That small amount of extra space serves no purpose whatsoever. It's an afterthought, and it's probably technically wrong. We could argue about what belongs there, but it's never shown in the film of course...this fact, and the fact that it doesn't look quite wide enough, are stopping me from ordering it.

The JazzInc diorama is modular (and still available)--you can set up walls on both sides of the hallway, for example. OR, you can have it one-sided like GTP shows. They were even kind enough to sell me an extra floor panel to accomplish this.

Now, that said, JazzInc changed materials on me, regarding the wall boxes and pillars, by the time I ordered mine. Their original examples are glossy, shiny, and smooth, but what I received is rough in texture, and not as bright white. It still photographs well (see photo; without a lightbox or anything special), but what I'm saying is, I'd love to sell it and jump on the new GTP version...I'm just not convinced! I wish someone here could give us some behind-the-scenes info, while it's still on sale at pre-order prices!
I'm not sure of your point by quoting me? I was basically agreeing that they are releasing the "same" set in 2 scales with no regard for the other or flooding the market.

Just trying to understand your "...oh please" statement.

Reaction score
Sorry, I think I was Oh Pleasing the comment that you responded to...apologies--I start thinking about Disney and suddenly I'm ready for a steel cage match. I don't want to get off topic here though. I realize I'm asking (and we all are) to be convinced to buy something that nobody has seen in person yet. It's a dilemma. You can see in my photo the "fuzziness" of the materials I mentioned in the JazzInc Tantive, and it was disappointing to me, for a $200 diorama. And, here we are again, with another that's 200 smackers.

Reaction score
TBH, as much as I love Space Walls, I'm having a hard time deciding on this set as well. It looks great, but several things have me holding back. The main one is the apparent lack of modularity. I don't know if I want to take up a whole shelf for this thing. The great thing about the original Space Walls is that you could make whatever you wanted out of them. I have a set of the walls and one door, but 90% of the time I just throw up two walls behind a figure or two for photos and then throw em back in the box. Also, I already have the Hasbro 3 3/4" set on order and it just seems redundant to have the same thing in 1/12 scale.

Reaction score
How would that increase production times though? lol
Not sure, but you'd think they'd up their game then, no?
There was a loooong wait when I ordered the basic set of 9 walls.
I can understand if they are hand carving them all, but that's not the case. I can't remember the reason for the delay back then, but there's rarely any updates from them either.
If this is a spare time thing, ok, then it makes more sense, but I don't suppose it is, given their popularity, etc.

Reaction score
I guess no one received any updates on this pre-order?

It was stated to ship in March 2021. I'm surprised we haven't heard any more releases from them either. I remember stumbling upon concept renderings of new Death Star, Hoth Echo Base, Bespin & Tatooine sets.

Reaction score
I'm really surprised the regular walls haven't come back into production.
They can't sell the regular walls anymore. Their licensing deal doesn't allow them to make modular things, only complete playsets.

It was stated to ship in March 2021. I'm surprised we haven't heard any more releases from them either. I remember stumbling upon concept renderings of new Death Star, Hoth Echo Base, Bespin & Tatooine sets.
They've been radio silent since December, some knucklehead on their instagram is claiming everything they post has to be approved by Disney first but that's complete nonsense. Any idea where you saw these renderings of other playsets?

Reaction score
They can't sell the regular walls anymore. Their licensing deal doesn't allow them to make modular things, only complete playsets.

They've been radio silent since December, some knucklehead on their instagram is claiming everything they post has to be approved by Disney first but that's complete nonsense. Any idea where you saw these renderings of other playsets?
I should have clarified. I'm surprised their new style death star wall sets aren't into production. We saw the new versions of the sets quite a while back. Then there was the talk and drawings of the the Death Star Docking Bay. The Docking Bay was supposed to be out last year if I remember correctly. Radio silence since then.

Reaction score
BONKERS!
But makes a lot more sense... although very restricting in regards to scales bigger than 3.75"
Hence... BONKERS!

Reaction score

I'd like to see those.

Reaction score
This guy Addam Roberts is an industrial designer who used to have his SW designs public. He locked it down soon after i discovered the concept work.

Reaction score
A little annoyed with this thing. I don't mind delays, its a unique item I want that no one else sells, I don't mind waiting, but the lack of a simple email or website update that simply says something along the lines of hey we hit a snag expect your product late April or something along those lines seems really unprofessional and is starting to make me think about how long I have to cancel the order if I don't at least get some idea of the new timeline. My 2 cents.