Galactic Heroes

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes 2006

I don't colect these but I almost grabbed the new sets today at Target. The Speeder Bike is awesome looking as is Han & Luke in their Hoth outfits.

Reaction score

I don't collect these either, but I did see them today. They looked pretty cool, and it's been so long since I've seen ANYTHING new, I did almost buy one.... feed the need....

GNT

Reaction score

The new sets sound good to me...Greedo!

Reaction score

Are there any photos of Greedo or the rest of the ones mentioned?

GNT

Reaction score

Haven't been any new waves here in ages.

Reaction score

I'm waiting on the next wave. I saw several cases of the speeders and hoth at several different walmarts and targets. Should be easy to get whatever you want, especially Hoth Han and Luke, and Luke Speeder.

lobsterfish said:
I found them and it looks like the Speeder will be the rarest of the three. Probably for army building or shortpacking as you mention, but the one I got was the only one I saw.

The repaint wave (ROTS holo emperor wave) of 8 figures didn't last very long.
I opened a case of the new wave, there were no short packs, it's just army builders buying them up.

I never even saw all of the ROTS repacks. I saw the Vader and the Obi-Wan ones.

Reaction score

GNT said:
"The first wave of Galactic Heroes figures for 2006 features brand-new detailing on some of your favorite Star Wars characters and comes in a package with a new line look for 2006.

Available in the spring at retailers everywhere will be Luke Skywalker with Han Solo, Luke Skywalker with speeder bike, and scout trooper with speeder bike."

Han once again is wearing his Jacket in the correct colour, very nice
These are great! I have all three already and looking for more Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike
Trouble is the Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike is very hard to find.

Reaction score

drmdns said:
Trouble is the Scout Trooper w/Speeder Bike is very hard to find.
Really? I've seen plenty of them ... and I haven't really been looking for them.

Reaction score

Just found this...

Which of these figures raises the red "wtf" flag?

Reaction score

Is that a custom JarJar? I love this line. Missed all the Playskool ones, but have been going steady since the start of this one. Of the new wave, all I have seen so far is the Luke with Bike 3 different times. The others keep getting bought! Imagine That!

Reaction score

Mystery solved....

Jar Jar Galactic Heroes figure

Looks like someone was trying to pull a fast one in THIS auction.

Judging from the price, and number of views, it worked. No wonder they demanded payment within 24 hours.

Makes me sick.

GNT

Reaction score

Oh well maybe one day we'll get a real 2 pack of Jar Jar with say Boss Nass for our Glactic Heros collection

Reaction score

This morning at Target I saw a whole refresh of the ROTS repaint wave, so maybe you will find them.

Reaction score

Glitch said:
Mystery solved....

Jar Jar Galactic Heroes figure

Looks like someone was trying to pull a fast one in THIS auction.

Judging from the price, and number of views, it worked. No wonder they demanded payment within 24 hours.

Makes me sick.

I don't understand quite what it was they were pulling over anyone's eyes in this auction. The JarJar is the only figure there that's a custom and they never claim that the JarJar is official or even mention it in the auction. They just said here's a lot of Galactic Heroes figures and they started the auction at $9.99, which is less than what you'd pay for the three sets still in the box. What's the crime?

Reaction score

You don't read too well do you?

There are two times in the Questions/Answers where she clearly says it is a custom - I do not believe there was any intent to deceive on the sellers part.

Is there even an official GH Jar Jar anyway?

Reaction score

There's no Jar Jar in GH. That auction went for so much because it has Darth Maul, the first Yoda and Clone and the rest of the figs from Duel with Darth Maul Playskool set. I've seen the maul alone go for upwards of $35.

A cust GH usually gets around 15-20 or more. So I think they got a decent deal if they didn't have any of the others.

Reaction score

Rik_Biel said:

There are two times in the Questions/Answers where she clearly says it is a custom

Whoops, didn't see the Q&A section below, heh. I need more sleep.

Reaction score

Rik_Biel said:

There are two times in the Questions/Answers where she clearly says it is a custom - I do not believe there was any intent to deceive on the sellers part.

Is there even an official GH Jar Jar anyway?

Ahhh.........

The fine print. I've never seen an auction with that below the images like that before. That's nice to know.

Reaction score

I just got one, want to trade it for something?

Reaction score

Does anyone know when the clone and battle droid are supposed to be out?

GNT

Reaction score

Sentinel said:
I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon, and they had dozens of the new repackaged Galactic Heroes (scout trooper, luke hoth and han hoth, and luke speeder). I bought the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike, and will post pics if you want them.
Lady_Jaye said:
I want to see pics of the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike!!
Galactic_Marine said:
I have seen him around!!! He looks sweet! He also has weathering, if I remember right!!
Sentinel said:

Here you go...the pic doesn't really do the scout justice, because of the weathering!!
Lady_Jaye said:
Nice, this will be the only set I pick up!!! I love the Biker Scout!! Oh yeah, thanks for the pics!! I wouldn't mind seeing the other ones as well, if you have time that is!
Galactic_Marine said:
WOW I want one too!!!!
Master_Dersan said:
cool I really like this figures I find them funny and they always look like they were a goalie
ThorOakenfelder said:
Dang I thought that you meant the wave that included Maul. I've had these for several weeks now.
r2_jenn2 said:
yeah i saw these yesterday at k-mart. i really like the scout trooper with the speeder bike.
jediriccan said:
Te new ones are rocking, but I still have not yet bought one of these period, and don't plan on it. I can't afford to add another addition to my list....

Reaction score

lobsterfish said:
Why is Obi's lightsaber Qui-Gon green in this repack?

He kills Maul with Qui-Gon's lightsaber. Maybe that's what they're going for in this set.

Reaction score

I am really digging the new GH's, but I don't own one of them. I cannot get into another collecting line, budget will not allow it. I know if I get one, I am gonna want tons of them, so I am staying away totally, lol....

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have never bought any of these, but when I saw the new Scout Trooper with the Speeder Bike, I was really thinking about buying it. I didn't....because I have none of the other ones, but man I like the look of that thing. Just awesome.

Reaction score

JGordon24 said:
I have never bought any of these, but when I saw the new Scout Trooper with the Speeder Bike, I was really thinking about buying it. I didn't....because I have none of the other ones, but man I like the look of that thing. Just awesome.
With the repaints and ones available now you can still nab most of the collection at Target, Walmart, and TRU. One shelve warmer I thought would never go away was the Falcon and XWing box sets...but those have vanished.

Reaction score

Darth_Rayne said:
He kills Maul with Qui-Gon's lightsaber. Maybe that's what they're going for in this set.
The original Obi (playskool Duel w/ Darth Maul) was blue saber. I'd rather get a Qui-Gon than just his saber

Reaction score

JGordon24 said:
I have never bought any of these. man I like the look of that thing. Just awesome.
Same here, have always admired the look of some of them but have never actually got around to buying one. This one looks too cool to pass up, I might just end up grabbing it.

Usually when I taste a new line I never end up just getting one (because of my obsessive collector behavior), so that's the main reason I have passed on these for so long. I have enough stuff to collect, don't really need to add another line to the addiction...

Reaction score

When do the ones with the Battle droid and clone come out, and the shock trooper and the Emporer?

GNT

Reaction score

jediriccan said:
I am really digging the new GH's, but I don't own one of them. I cannot get into another collecting line, budget will not allow it. I know if I get one, I am gonna want tons of them, so I am staying away totally, lol....
I was the same, didn't want anything to do with them, bought one because it was on clearance then what did you know I had to get every single one. Talk about an addiction to plastic, now I know how smokers feel

Do you use the Vintage/Modern Trading & Classifieds section in the forum? Make sure your feedback thread has been added to the Trade Feedback Thread Index!

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes 3005

I'm seeing ample amounts of scout, luke, hoth sets; plus, I've seen the Sith repaint waves here and there. It looks like the days of the pegwarmer bounty hunters series are over.

Reaction score

GNT said:
I was the same, didn't want anything to do with them, bought one because it was on clearance then what did you know I had to get every single one. Talk about an addiction to plastic, now I know how smokers feel
luckily, if you ever decide to quit, you can resell your old plastic, might take a loss on some, but you can get some $$ back. Smokers cannot resell their used cigs.

I didn't want to get Galactic heroes. I didn't want to get sucked in. I bought the Obi-Wan w/Jango because I liked the characters and it was part of my new Obi Focus. Then I got Obi and Grievous, and then the bounty hunters and then a few more, and I said I wasn't going to continue. but then they went and re-released some of the playskool ones I thought were so cool and now I curse them even as I buy a stack. LOL

Reaction score

I have a whole wall of these baby's. I'm buying them for my future son or daughter. When they turn three, I'm giving them every single set from the Play School to the new ones and I'm going to let them have a field day

I can't wait!!!

Reaction score

KING said:
I have a whole wall of these baby's. I'm buying them for my future son or daughter. When they turn three, I'm giving them every single set from the Play School to the new ones and I'm going to let them have a field day

I can't wait!!!
Sounds like a plan. But it three years these may be through the roof in price. I mean, you could sell the GH and givem whatever else is hot at the time.

Reaction score

True, But I remember when I was a Youngen, Like 5 and Star Wars just came out, my dad had bought all the original figs and had them all set up on My Birth Day Cake..... It was the best Birth Day of my life.... I want to try at least to give that to my kid
Same Star Wars, more kid friendly figures