Galactic Heroes

GNT

Reaction score
"The first wave of Galactic Heroes figures for 2006 features brand-new detailing on some of your favorite Star Wars characters and comes in a package with a new line look for 2006.

Available in the spring at retailers everywhere will be Luke Skywalker with Han Solo, Luke Skywalker with speeder bike, and scout trooper with speeder bike."

Han once again is wearing his Jacket in the correct colour, very nice

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes 2006

Oh God no! I sense a whole new "blue coat" vs "brown coat" debate coming...

Reaction score

tauntaunweequay said:
damn, all repacks
A lot of folks may have missed these though, other than at KB, I know I never saw a whole lot of the early Playskool stuff.

Reaction score

Thats cool I guess, just disapointing for people who have a complet series is all.

Reaction score

Im going to pass on the hoth ones but I will pick up a luke with SB and mabey 2 or 3 scout troopers with SB

Reaction score

Was the Biker Scout from the first issue sporting a clean uniform...can't remember?

Reaction score

Finally! A good topic about galactic heroes! I have all the rest, why stop now?

Reaction score

I never saw these, so I am picking up the Han and Luke set. Along with the Luke speeder set.

If they show up in my stores... *sigh*

GNT

Reaction score

Never saw any of these originally so I may pick them up since I love Speeder bikes and the hoth set looks alright.

Reaction score

Billy_Ray said:
Oh God no! I sense a whole new "blue coat" vs "brown coat" debate coming...
That was my first thought as well. The original release of the figure in the Playskool "Stompin' Wampa" set had a blue coat, though. So at least in my collection I'll have both, just like the Saga 3 3/4" fig.

They also changed the color of the goggles on both of these figures, originally it was light blue.

Deak_Starkiller said:
Was the Biker Scout from the first issue sporting a clean uniform...can't remember?
You're quite right...the original Biker Scout was all white. They've also added some weathering to the speeder bikes and Luke's poncho has been changed from a tan cloth to a slightly more accurate green.

Reaction score

The Biker Scout is one of the best figures in this line IMHO! It has a surprising amount of articulation for these little suckers.

GNT

Reaction score

From RS:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Galactic Heroes
With children and collectors who jumped on after the initial Playskool line was long gone in mind, Hasbro will be offering a few of the cooler figures again in the popular Galactic Heroes two packs. For everyone else, they’ll also be throwing in some brand new figures and some previously mentioned repaint figures.

Playskool Reissues
Darth Maul & Obi-Wan

New figures
Sandtrooper & Obi-Wan*
Greedo & Han Solo*
Luke Skywalker & Han Solo (both in Stormtrooper disguise)
Wedge Antilles & TIE Pilot
Stormtrooper & Rebel Soldier (both in Hoth battle gear)
Darth Vader* & Leia Organa (Bespin)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin) & Lando Calrissian

Repaints
Clone Trooper & Battle Droid
Emperor & Red Shock Trooper
Chewbacca & C-3PO

*Indicates figure may be a repaint or repack

[/QUOTE]

GNT

Reaction score

Those would be sweet, more army builders IMO.

Reaction score

Do you think they'll make a Tie-Fighter? How about a Gunship that comes w/ 2 clones...that would sell the ship for sure (clones). GH seems like they could come up w/ some cool playsets, too. A Jabba's Palace w/ trap door and noises would be sweet.

GNT

Reaction score

Can't wait to pick up Darth Maul and the rest of the sets on offer...sweet more galactic heros for the collection!

Reaction score

Hoth Han and Darth Maul, plus other repaints. It looks like they are taking care of the folks who can't get a hold of the old PlaySkool sets. However, do you think or know if there are plans to repaint/release for these missing pieces?

Wampa or Tauntaun
Anakin child or Naboo fighter
Wicket

Reaction score

I found Luke with Speeder, Scout Trooper with Speeder, and Hoth Luke and Han today at Target. All repaints, but nice repaints.

Reaction score

I can't wait to make up for the 100 times I passed on these at KB!!!

Reaction score

Galactic Heroes is about the only Hasbro item I collect anymore. They're just too unique and different from the norm to overlook.

I too passed on the original Playskool stuff when I found it last year (solely for the reason of being broke at the time). I passed on everything... "Stompin' Wampa", "Fast thru the Forest", "Arena Adventure"... all of it.

For the first time ever, I'm glad Hasbro is re-releasing some of these hard to find items again. I'll be picking them up for sure. Long live Galactic Heroes!

GNT

Reaction score

Don't even remember seeing the Playskool versions here when the line started so I'm glad that we are getting some reissues.

Reaction score

The only original set I didn't pick up was "Arena Adventure" and the sets with the Falcon and X-Wing. I'll pick up the new releases for sure but wish they would get away from that squatting stance on the figures not meant to ride on a vehicle. Zuckuss and 4-LOM are two of my favorites cause they don't look like their taking a poop!

Reaction score

P.S. Do you guys open these things or keep them on the card? I for one am not a cardboard collector but I'll probably pick-up the Bikerscout & SB re-issues to keep on the card.

Reaction score

Tinman said:
P.S. Do you guys open these things or keep them on the card? I for one am not a cardboard collector but I'll probably pick-up the Bikerscout & SB re-issues to keep on the card.
I'm an opener anyway, but even if I wasn't, I see no reason to keep these carded.

Reaction score

I think these are great. many people never got a chance to get these and they now go for large sums on ebay.

Reaction score

Yeah, I remember passing on the set that included Jango and now I could kick myself in the butt! Another set I don't recall seeing is the one that included the Lando Skiff Guard.

Reaction score

GNT said:
"The first wave of Galactic Heroes figures for 2006 features brand-new detailing on some of your favorite Star Wars characters and comes in a package with a new line look for 2006.

Available in the spring at retailers everywhere will be Luke Skywalker with Han Solo, Luke Skywalker with speeder bike, and scout trooper with speeder bike."

Han once again is wearing his Jacket in the correct colour, very nice

I found these today at a local Target

Reaction score

they're out already? hasbro's not wasting any time with new product.

Reaction score

Found the new wave (Luke/Han, Luke/Speeder, Scout Trooper/Speeder) at my Target this afternoon. They had 4 of each of the new ones I believe.

Target is stocked full of GH stuff! 8 pegs full. They have no basic figures, but tons of GH. I love this toy line!!

Reaction score

Garbage! I stopped going to Target b/c it looked like they'd never restock, so I quit on Tuesday.

Now I probably missed these at my Target.

Reaction score

This really is a great, fun little line to collect. I hope they keep things going, and don't try to reinvent the line. The figs ave a neat unique look, and not very overpriced like many Sw items out there today. For $6 it's a nice little deal. They roll out new releases steadily. Some are harder to find, but all have been somewhat easily obtainable without 20 pegs of warmers. The vehicles are decent, and even going back to the early "Playskool" releases...the ships/beast packs were awesome!

To keep collectors interested, they've offered a few convention items recently Biker scout indiv. packaged at at SDCC, etc. (cheap repacks, yes, but still neat addition for completists)

I'd like to see more GH playsets like the originals, 2-3 figs with a small beast or ship, $12.99-$19.99ish.

I'd bite over and over and over again.

GNT

Reaction score

stewbacca said:
I just found the new wave at Target today at lunch.
Germantown, Md.

It seems that either the Speeder Bike with Scout is the hot seller or shortpacked. Because when I found them only one of those left while their were three more sets each of Luke with Speeder Bike and Han/Luke Hoth.

Reaction score

GNT said:
stewbacca said:
I just found the new wave at Target today at lunch.
Germantown, Md.

It seems that either the Speeder Bike with Scout is the hot seller or shortpacked. Because when I found them only one of those left while their were three more sets each of Luke with Speeder Bike and Han/Luke Hoth.
I found them and it looks like the Speeder will be the rarest of the three. Probably for army building or shortpacking as you mention, but the one I got was the only one I saw.

The repaint wave (ROTS holo emperor wave) of 8 figures didn't last very long.