Galactic Heroes - Star Wars Legacy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That GH Asajj Ventress is the most awesome thing ever, and will most assuredly be mine.

That will be all.

Reaction score
I picked up the new wave of GH at Target in Springfield, OR this morning. They were $5.99 each.

Reaction score
Saw the new Legacy packaged wave at TRU this morning, but I held off on buying them. I can wait until the 26th and get everything I want in one go.

Reaction score
I tried to buy a set at TRU yesterday and they refused saying that it could not be sold till 7/24 due to street dates- I tried but lost

did you have any problems with buying jabbas palace??

Reaction score
Yes but the manager said since it didn't have anything to do with Clone Wars he would OK the sell.

Reaction score
I still need Gree & Tarrful,Ki & Bacara,Agen & Sasee and Secura & Bly 2 packs.

I had someone buying these for me and I had to turn down another guy(I think it was wyldave)who offered them to me and the first guy fell thru....now Im having a real hard time finding this wave.

Does anyone have an extra set or could buy them if they see them again in their area?

thanks!

Reaction score
Creeping_Fear said:

I had someone buying these for me and I had to turn down another guy(I think it was wyldave)who offered them to me and the first guy fell thru....now Im having a real hard time finding this wave.

Does anyone have an extra set or could buy them if they see them again in their area?

thanks!
I also need those sets, as I've NEVER seen them. I think that's really ridiculous, since I saw multiples of every McQuarrie figure with no problem, but can't find these? What the heck, Hasbro?

Reaction score
Found the new sets at TRU the other night but they wouldn't ring up... they offered to hold them for me but I declined.

Found them today at a Target, $ 5.99

The paint on this new wave seems to be the best I've seen on these things in awhile.

Reaction score
I stumbled across the Shaak Ti/Plo Koon wave a week or so ago, and couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. It looked like their painting was done at the same factory that does the Superhero Squad.

Reaction score
MaxGoof said:
Creeping_Fear said:

thanks!
I also need those sets, as I've NEVER seen them. I think that's really ridiculous, since I saw multiples of every McQuarrie figure with no problem, but can't find these? What the heck, Hasbro?
Agreed. I just resorted this week to eBay for them, and got some decent deals, but still paid about $8-9 per set w/ shipping. If it's any consolation at all (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) it's been my experience that every Galactic Heroes set has eventually been re-released at some point. So if you can wait, I'd be surprised if we didn't see these at retail again eventually. I just don't have the patience myself :p

Reaction score
Heres a quick look at my kids GHs/Indy Jones Adv. Heroes collection

I was about to get more upclose shots but my memory card failed.I have the Death Star Assault set,ShaakTi & Magna Guard and Plo Koon & Capt Jag still in the closet for the kiddies Birthdays/Xmas

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the GH Rancor TRU exclusive yet by any chance? It is listed as coming out on 9/15 but I want to know if it will hit early like say Friday night at Midnight Madness.

Reaction score
Question

Can someone give me the stores on the GH exclusives?

-Vaders TIE set
-Rancor set--Toys R Us
-Dewback set
-Jedi starfighter set
-Nexu\Reek set
-AT-RT set--Toys R Us

thanks!

Reaction score
Except for those two TRU sets, those other four sets are NOT exclusives...

Reaction score
According to Hasbro at Toy Fair, those four sets were exclusive to no one. So yes, available everywhere... we just don't know when.

Reaction score
We DO know when. Acording to the Hasbro Fall 2008 release guide, here is the schedule...

SW GALACTIC HEROES FIGURE ASSORTMENT
Wave 1
87733 Plo Koon/Captain Jag 07/26/08
87734 Destroyer Droid/Jar Jar Binks 07/26/08
87735 Magnaguard/Shaak Ti 07/26/08
87736 Princess Leia Jabba's Slave/R2-D2 with Serving Tray 07/26/08
87737 Kashyyk Trooper/Yoda (repack) 07/26/08
87865 Clone Trooper/Anakin Skywalker (repack) 07/26/08
87739 Clone Trooper/Obi-Wan Kenobi (repack) 07/26/08
87868 Super Battle Droid/R2-D2 (repack) 07/26/08
87741 Princess Leia/Darth Vader (repack) 07/26/08
87742 Chewbacca/C-3PO (repack) 07/26/08
87864 Padme amidala/Ep II Red Clone Trooper (repack) 07/26/08
87867 Kit Fisto/General Grevious (repack) 07/26/08

Wave 2
87900 Luke Skywalker& R2-D2 (repack) 07/26/08
87901 Princess Leia (Boushh disguise) & Han Solo (repack) 07/26/08
87902 LukeSkywalker/Darth Vader (repack) 07/26/08
87903 Obi-Wan Kenobi/Jango Fett (repack) 07/26/08

Wave 3
87932 Clone Commander Cody/Obi-Wan Kenobi 10/15/08
87933 STAP/Anakin Skywalker 10/15/08
87934 Asajj Ventress/Count Dooku 10/15/08
87935 Ahsoka Tano/Captain Rex 10/15/08

87389 SW GALACTIC HEROES CINEMA SCENES ASST.
Wave 1
87446 Jabba's Palace (repack) 07/26/08
87447 Assault on the Death Star (repack) 07/26/08

Wave 2
87748 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter 08/09/08
87686 Clone Wars Delta Starfighter 08/09/08

Wave 3
87707 Escape from Mos Eisley 09/04/08
87710 Geonosis Arena Battle #2 09/04/08

Reaction score
...in addition to release dates, here is the Galactic Heroes page from the Official Hasbro Handbook. A bit grainy, but you can see some pictures of the upcoming figures.

Reaction score
I picked up the four new 2-packs today at Target. They had the Jabba's Palace and X-Wing sets out on the shelf as well.

Reaction score
Browsing through the pictures from SDCC I noticed some things I hadn't seen in print anywhere else. First the Christmas Heroes, which seem like they would have limited play value. But also a Galactic Heroes Pit of Carkoon Cinema Scene with at least a skiff and Boba Fett and Han Solo. There was also a swampy looking X-Wing in the back of the photo. Dagobah Cinema Scene perhaps? Both would be pretty sweet. I am looking forward to more pictures.

GNT

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I picked up the four new 2-packs today at Target. They had the Jabba's Palace and X-Wing sets out on the shelf as well.

[/QUOTE]

Target has got these in here as well, I want to get Jabba The Hutt but don't want to pick up all the characters I already have. The X-Wing isn't that exciting though.

The Skiff in the Pit of Carkoon set is looking snazy though, we have plenty of Skiff characters who can use it so if it's reasonably priced I might pick it up. The only problem is might need to get a couple to have a good looking scene happening.

Haven't seen any smaller 2 packs in months so playing the waiting game atm.

Reaction score
I cant wait to get these!

Im a vintage guy but the appeal of these for some reason really gets to me.These GHs are the only modern items I have a soft spot for

I guess with the appearance of the snowspeeder in 2009 and the 2 pack of AT-AT driver/Gen Veers that we have its probably safe to assume we will get a AT-AT in 2009/2010.

This line will be strong for many years and I will buy every figure/vehicle/playset/beast made for this line

Im truly hooked

Reaction score
Not to be rude to any fans of these, but I always thought Galactic Heroes were kinda for little kids, besides there kinda ugly (at least in my mind).

Reaction score
RockMySocks10 said:
Not to be rude to any fans of these, but I always thought Galactic Heroes were kinda for little kids, besides there kinda ugly (at least in my mind).
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you had children you would understand. These little guys are great for the kids (and fun for the dads, too). Minimal amount of separate parts means less accessories lost (blasters, etc...) and they are just so damn cute too! I went out this morning and found all 4 of the latest 2packs and also an extra Tarful/Gree, which my son can use for army-builders. He also likes the mainline figures but these have their own niche with a lot of folks.

-Chad

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I never really got into them until my fiance and I moved in together and she was a collector.

Needless to say, I've grown to really love the little guys. They're cute, they're fun and cheaper than the conventional 3 3/4in figs (which I will still get when money allows).

They're just fun. Need there be a better explanation?

Reaction score
They're not cheaper anymore.

At least in my area, a basic figure is roughly the same price as one of these 2 packs, if not the exact same.

That's part of why I had to drop this line, that and the endless series of $20 packs containing 2 new people and 8 repacks.

They're still awesome toys, though, and I did pick up the R2/Leia and JarJar/Droideka packs, and as usual, I LOVE THE DROIDEKA!!!

IT IS SO COOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.