G8-R3 (R5-A7) WalMart exclusive figure

Reaction score
Not really sure but it looks like there is either a WM multi-pack, or a series of WM basic figures. But the R5 unit that was fixing the Queen's starship is coming.

Reaction score
Re: R5-A7 WalMart exclusive figure

This is the last droid from the Queen's ship that hasn't been made into a toy, right?

I'm glad it's BAD parts.

Reaction score

I will get this one . . . IF it is sold by itself, and if I can find it. The local Walmart here in Manhattan Kansas has been preaty bad with exclusives the last few years . . .

Reaction score

<s>With a few of these Wal-Mart exclusive figures popping up, I wonder if another Tin set is on the way? Or an exclusive Blu-Ray figure set?</s>

**EDIT** Apparently its going to be an exclusive WAVE for Wal-Mart. Hopefully R5 here will be easy to find.

Reaction score

ANOTHER astromech! this is totally getting out of hand. Astromech, are going to coquer the star wars toyline! Eh, I will buy it anyway. lol.

Reaction score

ZinnToa said:
ANOTHER astromech! this is totally getting out of hand. Astromech, are going to coquer the star wars toyline! Eh, I will buy it anyway. lol.
... if they throw in a few more R1, R4, and R3s I can live with that.

Reaction score

This is a cool addition, not overly exciting though, I won't pay full whack for it.

Reaction score

ZinnToa said:
this one was, in my opinion, one of the more important ones that needed release....we have all of the others on the Queen's ship except this one...but that will change in a few months...

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
ZinnToa said:
this one was, in my opinion, one of the more important ones that needed release....we have all of the others on the Queen's ship except this one...but that will change in a few months...
Then we'll only need the Mos Espa and Mos Eisley droids.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
tarcanes92 said:
ZinnToa said:
Then we'll only need the Mos Espa and Mos Eisley droids.
*cough*R5-X2*cough*

Reaction score

Another much needed Droid from TPM, unfortunately I'll not see it since it's a Walmart Exclusive.

I guess this years lack of product did so well they want to make it even harder to find figures!

Reaction score

Would have preferred Jabbas but this is nice. I've been buying all astros except CW. So yes.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Another much needed Droid from TPM, unfortunately I'll not see it since it's a Walmart Exclusive.

I guess this years lack of product did so well they want to make it even harder to find figures!
I actually think the fact that this is a Walmart Exclusive will make it easier to find. So far, Walmart has been very lax about stocking TVC since the over-shipping of Waves 1 and 2 (with the exception of Wave 6 that is). An exclusive wave will give them a reason to increase peg space again.

Here's to hoping...

Reaction score

urbnns69 said:
I actually think the fact that this is a Walmart Exclusive will make it easier to find. So far, Walmart has been very lax about stocking TVC since the over-shipping of Waves 1 and 2 (with the exception of Wave 6 that is). An exclusive wave will give them a reason to increase peg space again.

Here's to hoping...
I like your line of thinking...

Reaction score

I can't find pictures of this anywhere. Anyone got a source? The above link seems to be broken. I really want to see this one because I collect Astros and so far this is the only exciting thing out of CC for me.

Reaction score

Okami said:
I can't find pictures of this anywhere. Anyone got a source? The above link seems to be broken. I really want to see this one because I collect Astros and so far this is the only exciting thing out of CC for me.
Yakface has the slide presentation..all the figures in this wave are outstanding..http://yakfaceforums.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Slide41.jpg

Reaction score

Sucks that this guy is coming out on the new TPM packaging. My vintage collection needs some more astromechs! Will definitely get one to open though.

Reaction score

commandernarra said:
Yakface has the slide presentation..all the figures in this wave are outstanding..http://yakfaceforums.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Slide41.jpg
Thanks!

Always glad to see a new Astromech, especially an R5. I was thinking that particular one had more yellow on it and that it was more yellow-orange. Maybe the fact that it had that weird r6 head shape in the film is what's throwing me off. I still want it, regardless.

Reaction score

Odd that they're putting these on the Darth Maul card, I assumed that card would be replacing the current Saga Legends packaging... but I suppose the KMart Jodo Kast set the precedent.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Sucks that this guy is coming out on the new TPM packaging. My vintage collection needs some more astromechs! Will definitely get one to open though.
delete

Reaction score
Reaction score

It's not clear to me what figures will get the vintage back and what will get a TPM 3D back. On the slideshow, they only referred to TVC mainline and exclusive for all realistic figures. I really hope all will appear on TVC cardbacks.

Reaction score

Does Hasbro not realize that they would be shooting themselves in the foot by not putting the TPM figures on Vintage cardbacks. Vintage is suffering right now because of 3 different lines running at the same time, and the higher price point. If they continue this strategy into 2012 (TCW, TPM 3-D and TVC), TVC will continue to suffer and most-likely fall off into non-existence.

If they would make Vintage the movie-line cardback and abandon the Darth Maul cardback all together, sales for TVC would sky-rocket and Star Wars would rule the toy market again.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...

Reaction score

Actually, the way I understand it, it will be like the Jodo Kast situation. The exclusives will be on the Darth Maul cards, while the non-exclusives (Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Sidious, ect.) will be on Vintage cards.

Reaction score

So are you thinking the Wal-Mart wave will be a standalone 5 figure "special" wave or perhaps the beginning of a separate Episode 1 line that would run parallel to TVC?

Reaction score

I'm thinking SL is going away so that TPM line will have a spot, and those will be on the Darth Maul cards.
This wave will act just like the other Exclusive wave from TSC, so far only the one wave is Exclusive to them.
But other TPM figures will still get released on TVC cards.

I'm thinking SL will be dedicated to the movie lines here on out, and in between it will consist of repacks SL type figures.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
Actually, the way I understand it, it will be like the Jodo Kast situation. The exclusives will be on the Darth Maul cards, while the non-exclusives (Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Sidious, ect.) will be on Vintage cards.
That would be fine with me, it MIGHT make these figures easier to get ahold of. Maybe. I'm deluding myself into thinking so anyway.

Reaction score

Maybe, maybe...they'll have them pre-packed in those trays?? I remember most WM Exclusive waves (Comic Packs, Droid Factory) were always in those blue trays until they were put back with the rest of the SW stuff. So with that in mind, maybe that's what will go on with this exclusive wave, too. Maybe it'll be an endcap or a standalone in the toy dept.

*EDIT* YES, repack power harness!

Reaction score

Looks too much like R5-F7 for me too pick up.

Reaction score

Look, I know I am in the minority here, but IF this is a BAD figure then I will definitely have to track this one down... Indeed, it will be useless to resist! Because I simply can't get enough of the BAD molds... I just love to pop them apart and to mix and match. Heck, it's almost embarrassing how much these little droids continue to amuse me. But they really DO make me feel like a kid again...

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
Look, I know I am in the minority here, but IF this is a BAD figure then I will definitely have to track this one down... Indeed, it will be useless to resist! Because I simply can't get enough of the BAD molds... I just love to pop them apart and to mix and match. Heck, it's almost embarrassing how much these little droids continue to amuse me. But they really DO make me feel like a kid again...
I feel the exact same way.