G4TV special on Celebration Japan - August 14

Reaction score
I guess nobody mentioned this yet, but the crew was there filming for 3 days solid. Since the convention wasn't that big there should be a good opportunity to see everything since the special is 1.5 hours long.

There should be some good collector representation there. I believe Gus walked the show with them and they also filmed us doing an appraisal. I'm guessing that they spoke with Philip Wise, Steve Sansweet, and Mary Franklin extensively as well.

Thursday August 14, 8 PM (EST)

-chris

Reaction score
Honey, You are so modest! Chris was interviewed too, along with Duncan and Luis!
~Alyssa

Reaction score
Like most G4 Shows it wasn't that well put together. Very short interviews with the same questions interviewers always asked.

They inserted dumb skits instead of more of what was going on at the convention.

The halls looked empty, and they used footage from comic con, How could they not get a good 90 minutes out of a 3-day show?

Reaction score
^ It certainly wasn't empty, at least not on the Sunday when I went.
I only remember seeing a camera crew once during the day, near the Darth Vader Project.

Reaction score
StarbaseEarth said:
Like most G4 Shows it wasn't that well put together. Very short interviews with the same questions interviewers always asked.

They inserted dumb skits instead of more of what was going on at the convention.

The halls looked empty, and they used footage from comic con, How could they not get a good 90 minutes out of a 3-day show?

I saw them shooting alot of material before the doors actually opened. And the hallway was much more spacious when compared to other Celebrations so there was actually room to breathe.

All and all, I didn't think the G4 special was all that bad. But it wasn't all that great either. Didn't like the use of SDCC footage from last year being passed off as shot in Japan. Love how they kept making a point about how all their access and interviews were "exclusive" and they were "the only people allowed backstage access', etc.

Without trying to sound to much like a punk...I beg to differ.