G.I.Joe 25th Target Exclusive Vehicle Pics

Reaction score
Just posted some new in package pics of 2008 vehicles
Awe Striker with Crank Case, Night Spector with Grand Slam and Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank with Cobra Trooper.

Reaction score
Destro said:
Just posted some new in package pics of 2008 vehicles
Awe Striker with Crank Case, Night Spector with Grand Slam and Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank with Cobra Trooper.
oh yeah...where?

Reaction score
These look great. I'm in for the AWE and the SHARC repaint, but I already have that same exact blue HISS from the 2000-2001 collection, or I'd get that too.

Reaction score
I'm going to get a crapload of those HISS tanks!

I'll get one AWE Striker, I already have a couple of the last release.

Definitely get two SHARCs. Never had the original as a kid and always wanted one.

Reaction score
I'm definetely going to be picking these babies up.

I never had any vehicles whatsoever as a kid... Actually, I did have the COBRA hanglider, but it was all busted up. I don't even know where I got it. It just appeared one day. Too bad more stuff doesn't just appear.

Reaction score
These are great vehicles, but there's so many older vehicles I'd really like to see rereleased. How about rereleasing the Tomahawk or Killer Whale? I know they're bigger and won't have a low price point, but it's been over 20 years since those have been on the shelves versus just a couple years for the AWE Striker and HISS.

Reaction score
The more recent these have been made the better for the company. It costs much less to take a newer mold and mass produce them for profit than it does for 20 year old molds. Could those old molds still be used after so long? I think they are trying to pump out these easier vehicles while tooling new molds for bigger and better vehicles.

That's my take on it.

Reaction score
I'll probably grab them because I either don't have them in my old Joe collection, or purely for Nostalgic reasons. Their cool but I can't see army building them, I'm way more interested in (hopefully) all new vehicles. The old ones rocked back in the day but compared to current standards their pretty...meh.

Reaction score
Sure, I get the basic economics of it - recently used molds require less if any tooling. Smaller vehicles = lower price point and less shelf required at stores making them attractive to retailers. I'd just like to see SOMETHING else released other than the usual assortment of vehicles.

And if they need to just start from scratch, I'm okay w/ that, too. The Humvee, Rhino and ROCC were all cool vehicles. I just want something other than the usual vehicles we seem to get with each branding of GI Joe.

Reaction score
I just wish they had the old packaging. I really miss the excellent drawings of the vehichles.
That was one of the major reasons that I even bothered with the new 25th ann. line of figures to begin with....The card backs.

That is part of the anniversary and retro thing, afterall.

Reaction score
What I would love is Cobra Terrodrome, WHALE and Tomahawk...thats it, however, I might pick up the AWE and Sharc, since I really want the figs..

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
I just wish they had the old packaging. I really miss the excellent drawings of the vehichles.
That was one of the major reasons that I even bothered with the new 25th ann. line of figures to begin with....The card backs.

That is part of the anniversary and retro thing, afterall.
Very true...Not only that, I dont ahve the room for loose vehicles...so the cardbox are easier to stack than the window look...But I figure that the retailers rather have the novice buyer pick these up because the expose look...

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
What I would love is Cobra Terrodrome, WHALE and Tomahawk...thats it, however, I might pick up the AWE and Sharc, since I really want the figs..
And a Sky Striker and a Rattler and the original Joe Headquarterrs and the Definant and the FLAGG!!!!

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
And a Sky Striker and a Rattler and the original Joe Headquarterrs and the Definant and the FLAGG!!!!
How could I have forgotten the Rattler, that was my favorite vehicle...the other on your list are AWESOME as well, but NO WAY...I just dont have the space, nor cash for a FLAGG...But again, a very AWESOME list..

Reaction score
Those were some of my favorites when they firs tcame out!

I will NEVER EVER forget the day I got the Flagg!!

Oh, I also loved some of the forgotten vehichles that I always thought were cool.
The MOBAT, the VAMP Jeep, the APC (I loved that!) and one of my all time favorites was the RAM Cycle! I just loved that! Especially because of its role in the comic Hot Potato with SE, Scarlett and rock n' Roll!!!

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Oh... my favorite Joe vehicle the Sky Striker. That would be awesome!!! Sad thing is I never owned it. My best friend down the street did though, I tried trading him out of that thing so many times..

Reaction score
I think my favorite vehicle was the Rattler. I owned one as a kid, but it got beaten up and thrown away. I bought the most recent TRU reissue, but it just wasn't the same... terrible color scheme, awful day-glo missiles and no canopy top on the gunner position.

If Hasbro ever brought back a traditional blue Rattler (AND WE ALL KNOW YOU STILL HAVE THE MOLD!!
) I would seriously buy at least three or four of them.

Reaction score
I am proud to say I still own all of my old Joes from when I was a kid - but they are in sad - sad condition

But good times were had as they battled in the desert (sandbox), ocean (hot tub), and air (thrown over balconies).

Anywho - I never owned a Rattler - so I would agree, that would be a cool one to put back out there.

Reaction score
ShmashWitdaclub said:
I am proud to say I still own all of my old Joes from when I was a kid - but they are in sad - sad condition

But good times were had as they battled in the desert (sandbox), ocean (hot tub), and air (thrown over balconies).

And this, my friend, is the whole bloody point of this line of toys. Playing hard and having fun, not looking for every figure with a paint mix up...

Maybe it's just me...

Reaction score
JediWampa said:
ShmashWitdaclub said:

And this, my friend, is the whole bloody point of this line of toys. Playing hard and having fun, not looking for every figure with a paint mix up...

Maybe it's just me...

I wish I still had all my Joes from when I was a kid.

Funny thing was, when i was a kid....it was easier to find Joes than it is nowadays.....weird....LOL

Reaction score
red_skeleton7 said:
Funny thing was, when i was a kid....it was easier to find Joes than it is nowadays.....weird....LOL
That is the odd part now isn't it?

For starters, I received all Joes/Star Wars I received as gifts usually from my childhood birthday parties or Christmas. I know darn well that my parents didn't have to go on "hunts" to find the figs that I wanted, and I don't recall going with them to the store to pick out many of the toys I wanted either, but yet, I had a huge array of Joes/Star Wars.

If I collected without going on hunts today, there would be no way I would have the HTF figs like TAC w5 or most of McQuaries etc etc.

And yet, I don't remember there being a single Joe/Star Wars fig I had to "hunt" for when I was a child.

Reaction score
This is probably due to the simple fact that when we were kids only one wave came out each year (granted, SW had maybe 10-20 a year and GI Joe had a good 15-30 per wave). This gave us ample time to find new figures for a whole entire year. Also, figures from older waves or previous years weren't discontinued as quickly back then. For instance, a GI Joe who was released in 1983 was usually still distributed until 1985. All of this made figure way easier to find back then. Now if Hasbro decided to only release 20-30 figures all at once for GI Joe in a year, I'd be happy. With Star Wars it couldn't happen since there are OT, PT and EU characters/figures. Although, they could always just release a wave of 10-20 figures for each group in one year. Another big factor is that there were hardly any grown -up "collectors" like there are today and selling toys to make a profit wasn't as easy as it is today (I'm talking about ebay, of course.)

Reaction score
darthbr3tt said:
This is probably due to the simple fact that when we were kids only one wave came out each year (granted, SW had maybe 10-20 a year and GI Joe had a good 15-30 per wave). This gave us ample time to find new figures for a whole entire year. Also, figures from older waves or previous years weren't discontinued as quickly back then. For instance, a GI Joe who was released in 1983 was usually still distributed until 1985. All of this made figure way easier to find back then. Now if Hasbro decided to only release 20-30 figures all at once for GI Joe in a year, I'd be happy. With Star Wars it couldn't happen since there are OT, PT and EU characters/figures. Although, they could always just release a wave of 10-20 figures for each group in one year. Another big factor is that there were hardly any grown -up "collectors" like there are today and selling toys to make a profit wasn't as easy as it is today (I'm talking about ebay, of course.)

Makes sense, Gosh these darn collectors spoil everything!!

LOL j/k

Hunting for figs gets a bit annoying sometimes. But when you find what you are looking for it feels good!!

Reaction score
good points, darthbr3tt

another contributing factor is demand for shelf space. there are just more lines and more variations for retailers to try and find space for. Star Wars used to be (with the exception of the brief tenure of 12" figures) just regular figures and vehicles. Now, there's Star Wars Legends, Unleashed, Key Chains, Bobbleheads, etc.. GI Joe has figures, Sigma Six holdovers, competitive lines of same scale military figures, the comic packs. Most lines that seemed to exist at all during our childhood are now also being simultaneously offered. I started with Star Wars, then migrated to GI Joe as Star Wars tapered off, all while Transformers and Ninja Turtles had their time. Now, all four take up a huge chunk of a toy stores action figure section. Then we add in all the new items like POTC and anime lines. Toy stores just can't give a line all the shelf space they used to.

Reaction score
Not to mention that there are less brick and mortar places to get toys. Department stores used to be a reliable place to get them, but not so anymore. All we really have are TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.

I know I didn't pay attention to things like waves when I was a kid. Did they really release 20 or so figures at once? If so, I have to assume the change has to do with cash flows. Better to have a more even distrubution of cash come in, rather than a big lump of it when the year's figures are released. But, production wise, I can't imagine them doing that many molds all at once.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of a year's assortment was all released at once but it was sure a lot. I remember this cool brick and mortar - "World of Toys" - long since gone. It was right next door to my comic shop, so at least I didn't have to travel far to spend all of my money.

I remember with the 1987 series walking in to an end cap right by the door with Armored Cobra Commander, Jinx, Crystal Ball, Raptor, and a handful more new ones all showing up at the same time. So I can't say it was all of a year's figures at once, but wow, when they did ship a new assortment it was a bunch of new figures.

Reaction score
infallible said:
Not to mention that there are less brick and mortar places to get toys. Department stores used to be a reliable place to get them, but not so anymore. All we really have are TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart.
Exactly! When I was a kid and we would go to the mall there were all sorts of places where I could find action figures, particularly KayBee and Sears... yes, I got TONS of Joes and Transformers at Sears. They had a great toy department back in the early 80s. Not to mention there were TRU's everywhere.

These days there are only two places I can go to buy figures: Wal Mart and Target. The malls here literally have no places to buy Hasbro products. Just some McFarlane figures at Spencers or Hot Topic.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding availability of figures.

Reaction score
One of my key Joe shopping sites back in the day (early 90s) was a drug store that was in the mall. Yeah, we had a KayBee and I checked there too, but no one else apparently hit the drug store. That was back when I couldn't drive, so every couple of days I'd hop on the BMX and make the 1 1/2 mile ride out to the mall. 'Cause 3 miles (round trip) was worth the ride if I could get something good...

Reaction score
JediWampa said:
One of my key Joe shopping sites back in the day (early 90s) was a drug store that was in the mall. Yeah, we had a KayBee and I checked there too, but no one else apparently hit the drug store. That was back when I couldn't drive, so every couple of days I'd hop on the BMX and make the 1 1/2 mile ride out to the mall. 'Cause 3 miles (round trip) was worth the ride if I could get something good...
Hey... I remember that my mall had a weird drug store in it too. It has long since closed, but had, what I guess to be, a decent toy area because i went there often.

Reaction score
infallible said:
Especially the earlier batches of discount stores-- AMES-- used to be the king of G.I. Joe in my area, but then there was the Zayres, Caldor, (a clean) K Mart even Service Merchandise, Wal Mart came in and they closed up one by one.

Reaction score
Sad and true. You'd think the opposite would have happened...with kids AND collectors wanting toys these days, the availability ought have doubled.

I remember Zayre's. It was like toy heaven. We didnt have one in NY, but there was one when I went to visit the grandparents in Florida. I got most of the 1985 Transformers there. I remember an entire huge aisle of TF on one side and Joe figures and vehicles on the other. Good times. Im probably remembering more than I actually saw, though.

Reaction score
Next to TRU, Zayre was the place I remember seeing Skywarp for the first time. Somehow, though, I faintly recall seeing Joe's on the shelf. Mostly Star Wars and TF. Need to jog the memory a bit, but most of my memories are centered on playing with the toys and lots of box art. I don't think I kept the packaging very long, but my recall for the box art is as vivid as the times spent playing. That's equally true for TF and SW. Oh and MotU.

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the HISS has some sort of TOW missile launcher instead of the two light cannons it originally came with? Nice change of pace, I say!

Reaction score
Why do people say they posted pictures A - without a link to it and B - without posting the same ones here so we can all save a step?

Reaction score
SSIntimidator said:
Why do people say they posted pictures A - without a link to it and B - without posting the same ones here so we can all save a step?
Maybe cause Destro is an admin over at Hisstank and he wants us going over to his awesome site