Funny Collector Story

Reaction score
I had a funny incident happen yesterday (while my wife and I were over to our wonderful neighbors to the east in Georgia) in Savannah, Ga.

We were at a local Savannah Wal-Mart, and of course I had to stroll over to the toy section. I was looking for the newest wave of figs, specifically a Chief Chirpa and Death Star Gunner. There were none of these hanging on the shelf, but I then noticed 2 pallets of toys nearby. I looked them over and each pallet had a unopened case of Star Wars figures.

So, obviously I opened one of the cases and found the figs I was looking for! I left the other case alone, taking notice that it looked to be dented up.

I walked around a few minutes killing time waiting for my wife, and I made my way back to the toy section. I noticed a full figured teen-aged girl walking around with the case of Star Wars that I had left unopened on the other pallet. I asked her, "Find anything good?", and she looked at me real mean and yelled, "NO! This case is crushed and all of the figures inside are crushed too! I want a Death Star Gunner, but they are all crushed!"

She then looked at the figure I had in my hand (a DSG) and she looked back up at me with a furious look on her face. I said, "I got this one out of that case over there, go see if there are anymore."; she replied, "I did and there are none!".......and we stood there in awkward silence. Thinking she was going to take mine or beat me up for it, I said, "Well, keep looking and maybe you'll find one.", and then left immediately to find my wife! I turned back around as I went around the isle and the girl was still staring at me very angry!

Oh well, win some, lose some.