Funko POP: Dark Crystal & Labyrinth

Reaction score
Is anyone collecting the Funko POP: Dark Crystal & Labyrinth lines? I saw my first DC POP figure at TRU, Jen - but I passed on it, not a fan of those blank faces. I like the Mystic and Chamberlain though. As for Labyrinth, I don't believe those have been released, though I'm very interested in Ludo. I'm planning on picking him up, and he'll be my first POP figure.

Reaction score
I would rather they do a 3.75" line. I'm not about to get wrapped up into another line/scale/whatever.

Reaction score
I would rather they do a 3.75" line. I'm not about to get wrapped up into another line/scale/whatever.
They are doing a 3.75 Dark Crystal assortment in the reaction line, and they look fantastic. I actually picked up the first release today at TRU - Landstrider w/ Jen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got the Pop Vinyl bobblehead Jen figure a few days ago. Cute figure with the crystal shard in the hand. Im tempted to order a couple more such as Kira and maybe a third one maybe Augra or the Chamberlain

Reaction score
Those actually do look pretty good. I just hope the final product does too. I haven't been too impressed with the other offerings from them so far.

On a different note. Anyone think this movie is due for a update/remake/reboot, or whatever they're calling it? I'm guessing sequel is out of teh question.

Reaction score
I bought Jen and Kira Pop Vinyl figures for my daughter. The film is special to us; in addition to watching the movie several times together, I read to her from my copy of "The World of the Dark Crystal" by Brian Froud. Will definitely have to pick up the 3.75" line for myself, though!

Reaction score
Those actually do look pretty good. I just hope the final product does too. I haven't been too impressed with the other offerings from them so far.

On a different note. Anyone think this movie is due for a update/remake/reboot, or whatever they're calling it? I'm guessing sequel is out of teh question.
As with most remakes, I seriously doubt they could capture the charm and magic of the original.

Reaction score
A second movie was in the works a few years ago, called "Power of the Dark Crystal", but it was shelved for some reason. They have a story, preproduction art and designs, and even some sculpting work from Froud. Hopefully they'll continue where they left off at some point.

As for Funko, I don't collect the pops or the reaction figures, but that's changing with Dark Crystal. The DC reaction figures have better sculpting and deco than anything else I've seen them do. The same goes for the pops - I've never seen one of those with that level of detail. I'm sticking to the reaction figures, because I prefer the realistic sculpts, but I am tempted to buy at least one pop, the Mystic.

Reaction score
I've searched for DC POPs at retail, and they seem to be selling out, so I ordered Ursol the Chanter online - it is easily the most detailed POP figure I have ever seen. I've never purchased a figure from any POP line, but I love the Mystics, so this figure was a must-have! I'm thinking about building a diorama to display him.

Reaction score
I haven't found any place to buy them online yet.
I bought Ursol on ebay from a toy shop, and it was only $8.50 with free shipping - that's hard to beat, considering they are $10 at retail. That same shop sold out of Ursol already, they only had 25 in stock. I believe all the others sold out as well. They seem to move fast at or below retail price, but you can find them on ebay for sure.

Reaction score
I received and opened Ludo today - what a brilliant sculpt. He is the only Labyrinth figure I plan to buy, but I'm satisfied with him alone because he steals the show in this lineup. His box is massive, more than twice the size of a regular POP, but I prefer the sturdy cardboard over the basic releases. I would have liked to own Worm as well, but I simply don't like the head sculpts on the human figures, and Sarah is no different.

Reaction score
Was really surprised to see Dark Crystal pops. That movie is one of my faves then and now. Such ground breaking puppetry. Then when at TRU I saw the Golden Girls pops? Is there any properties safe from this PV craze?

Reaction score
I would love to see more Dark Crystal pops... SkekUng the Garthim-master, a Garthim, a Nebrie, and an UrSkek would be good choices, I think, though the Nebrie would likely be a stretch. Maybe Kira with her wings.

Reaction score
After picking up the Garthim and mostly completing (minus winged Kira) my Dark Crystal figure collection, I've turned my attention back to the POP figures. I only picked up Ursol from the DC line - which remains my favorite, but after seeing the Chamberlain in person, I decided to add it to my collection as well! I wonder if we'll see anything made for the Netflix Dark Crystal series?

Reaction score
I've been browsing TRU and various other stores that focus on movies, gaming, etc - but the supply of DC Pops is apparently gone at retail. I went ahead and ordered Aughra online, and used rewards points, so my final price was under $2. The detail is great, I love how each whisker is a separate piece. The cloak is also sculpted away from the figure and is attached to the arms, which sets it apart from the Reaction figure. I think Aughra may have bumped the Chamberlain out of place as my second favorite DC Pop. Now owning three, I may have to pick up Jen & Kira simply to complete the set! ;p

Reaction score
There are photos up for the Dark Crystal Age of Resistance action figure and POP lines!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's awesome. Glad they are doing those new Dark Crystal figures.

Reaction score
Awesome awesome awesome. I've never been too big on Funko's action figure quality, but their Dark Crystal figures back when they had the reaction line were great. I'll be glad to add these to the roster.

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how much these go for at retail compared to online shops. Some have them for pre-order at $13, but if they show up at places like Target, they'll likely be closer to $10 if they're mass produced, and not a limited release. I'm also interested to know if the articulation will be the same as the Reaction figures, basic 5 POA. They appear to be simply articulated, but Rian looks like he might have elbow and knee articulation - or it may simply be the design of the costume. The figures all look great, the only one that looks slightly off is Aughra, at least compared to the original figure, whos head seemed to be larger.

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this thread a bump, since the various DC: AOR lines should be coming out soon. Has anyone spotted the exclusive POPs at retail? I know a Chamberlain is planned for Target, but I havent spotted it. There is also a glow-in-the-dark Deet for FYE, but I havent seen that either. The only one I did spot was Mira at Hot Topic, but I'm not crazy about that design, and at $15, I left it.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm biased as I don't really collect POPS, but half of the exclusives really don't excite me. The Chamberlain and Hunter look good.

I might get suckered into getting a "regular" Deet, just for the worm creature if it is ever $5 or less. I wish I had more time to make my own 3.75 scaled one..

Reaction score
I was at Target yesterday and spotted the exclusive Chamberlain POP and the action figures - I was really surprised to see them! They were $11.99 and the Chamberlain was $8.99 - glad they didn't inflate the price like FYE and Hot Topic does - POPs shouldn't be priced at $15, $10 should be the max, unless they're deluxe.