FS: World's Largest Yoda Collection (mix of vintage and modern)

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the non transactional remark, but damn thats a lot of green :grin:

Reaction score
That's a great focus collection - wow a lot of items.

I do hope you find a buyer but I would suggest this would be better placed in the modern section of RS as it appears to be at least 90% modern pieces in the collection. Good luck.

Reaction score
If an admin reads this, can this please be placed in the Modern section? I did not realize the majority of the items were newer. Thank you.

And yes, it's certainly a lot of green. To walk into a room like this is just awesome.

Reaction score
It's sad when a person passes on and a big collection is left in his wake, but it's very doubly sad when it was such a young guy. That's a real shame to hear.

However you will not be able to sell this collection as a whole so unless his family wants to view it forever it will need to be broken up. That's just a fact of how the hobby is and unfortunately the items made in the last 20 years are going to be a tough sell. Unless you have one or both of the Larry Noble statues (neither of which I see in the photos). I encourage you to start identifying individual items and then check Completed auctions on eBay to get a true idea of what you can expect but it won't all be in one shot.

I won't comment on price, although I have my thoughts and they are not $50k but you'll need to do some research and verify that for yourself. This collection should be easy to gauge value on by checking ebay as I mentioned, but it will take some effort. Most of the items look pretty standard and identifiable.

Good luck with it.

-chris

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I've moved this over to the modern classifieds as requested. As far as selling, Chris brings up a lot of good points that should be taken into consideration. Good luck with the sale and be sure to post here if you decide to break the collection up and come up with a price list.

Mike

And to other members, please refrain from nontransactional posts. Thanks.

Reaction score
I hope this isn't considered a non-transactional comment, because I'm trying to help, but I definitely agree with Chris. This is a great collection, and I'm sure it took a long time to put together. It reminds me in many ways of my own Jabba-themed collection. (I'm also 39, which is a sobering thought.) But it seems extremely unrealistic to sell it as a whole, and downright delusional to ask $55,000. The appraisal was most likely for insurance purposes and probably just listed up the retail value of everything, or perhaps the value from some collectors guidebook, which is way off what they would actually be worth at auction. Maybe he has some rare gems hidden that we can't see, but it looks like mostly fairly common modern stuff that is, I'm afraid, not worth a whole lot. I strongly feel that you'd be better off selling things individually, and actually researching what items are worth.

Reaction score
Best of luck with this sale. I spent quite a bit of time going over the pictures and discussion with the seller re this collection when it first popped up on FB. My sentiments matched those of Chris and others. To be honest, as a Yoda focus collector I would not mind getting the whole collection intact, but the appraised price point is way off. The reality is about 10% of that on a good day. There are several items of greater value/rarity and I have offered to assist in pricing of those items if (when) the time comes to sell them individually (all of which I own samples of already and have no interest in for myself).

Reaction score
I do thank you all for your posts. As I said I wasn't sure how to go about this thing. I'm not entirely sure what the appraisal was for...collectors value, insurance, retail value. It appears I will be parting this out, so expect a lot of listings relatively soon. But before I go about that, Ross_C I pm'd you, I would like to run something by you before I go about splitting this collection up.

GGC

Reaction score
The reality is about 10% of that on a good day.
While I agree the 55k is not realistic in this day and time (that price is retail prices or what Henry paid for an item on the secondary market, he kept a log) - The "10% on a good day" is a joke and 100% inaccurate.

The Sideshow, Gentle Giant and MR items alone would bring in well over 5k in today's market. While the pics may not reflect it all, he had every SSC, MR and GG Yoda pieces to date before his passing. I was very friendly with Henry for many years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I agree the 55k is not realistic in this day and time (that price is retail prices or what Henry paid for an item on the secondary market, he kept a log) - The "10% on a good day" is a joke and 100% inaccurate. The Sideshow, Gentle Giant and MR items alone would bring in well over 5k in today's market. While the pics may not reflect it all, he had every SSC, MR and GG Yoda pieces to date before his passing. I was very friendly with Henry for many years.
You left out my "about" in the 10% reference, but at least you included "the pics may not reflect it all". In any case, the involved parties are pretty clear that they prefer not to have the collection split up, and if it is, the time, effort, commisions etc will eat dramatically into the market returns. I've seen large collections sold many times before, for all sorts of reasons, lets keep in mind we're all here to assist and help.

Reaction score
I always wondered what happened to this great collection after Henry passed. Good luck with the sale. Out of price range but if ever split up I would take another look at a few pieces.