All mint boxes. Ships same day.

$170 shipped in the US only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not the carbonized, and this is for 4 of them.
Oh right, gotcha. Still, they're only $24.99 at Target (out of stock though) so 4 x $25 plus $70 is pretty steep for postage. That said there's a seller on Amazon that has them for $85. The question comes down to whether these exclusives will get restocked or if the allotment is finished.

Reaction score
Oh right, gotcha. Still, they're only $24.99 at Target (out of stock though) so 4 x $25 plus $70 is pretty steep for postage. That said there's a seller on Amazon that has them for $85. The question comes down to whether these exclusives will get restocked or if the allotment is finished.
I'm a little confused by this. You are admonishing the OP for his price and then directing people to a seller that is charging more?

Coz

Reaction score
I'm a little confused by this. You are admonishing the OP for his price and then directing people to a seller that is charging more?
He's not directing them there. He's showing that price as justification for the OP price.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm presenting two sides of the argument. Yes the OPs price is high compared to the original MSRP but with the item OOS and prices on other secondary markets starting to rise I'm putting forward the suggestion that this item has moved from the primary to the secondary market. And if that's true then OP isn't necessarily scalping.

Coz

Reaction score
I'm presenting two sides of the argument. Yes the OPs price is high compared to the original MSRP but with the item OOS and prices on other secondary markets starting to rise I'm putting forward the suggestion that this item has moved from the primary to the secondary market. And if that's true then OP isn't necessarily scalping.
Yeah, when you buy 4 figures for the sole purpose of reselling for profit, it's scalping. It's up to each person to decide whether that's good or bad. Personally, I don't care that much, but it is a problem when you are at Target and there are 6 in a case and one person buys them all. If you buy a couple to scalp, meh, whatever. That said, if you figure $15 to ship 4, and each one is $27 with tax, that's about $12 over retail per figure. Considering what it took me to hunt down one, $12 isn't that bad.

Reaction score
The Classifieds Rules pretty much (word for word) state that selling items/figures above retail cost, which are still currently available at retail, is not allowed. However, it doesn't seem to be a Rule that is being enforced on this site in this instance. Maybe nobody truly cares, but the Rules were in place for a reason, or so it would be thought. My 2 cents on that aspect.

The other thing is, with no store to be able to cop a Carbonized Mando figure within driving distance (the closest is about 70 miles/140 miles round-trip from us), people will be able to get insane prices for this figure as long as there is a demand. For OT guys like myself which actually like the show more than the Modern movies, some will come out of pocket for such a figure, but I am not one. I am not going to pay $30-$50 over retail for a figure that other Scummers could (in the past would have) easily help fellow members acquire. I remember the days when I helped numerous people out, on this site and many others, and vice versa. Those days seem to be dust. Peace!

Coz

Reaction score
The Classifieds Rules pretty much (word for word) state that selling items/figures above retail cost, which are still currently available at retail, is not allowed. However, it doesn't seem to be a Rule that is being enforced on this site in this instance. Maybe nobody truly cares, but the Rules were in place for a reason, or so it would be thought. My 2 cents on that aspect.

The other thing is, with no store to be able to cop a Carbonized Mando figure within driving distance (the closest is about 70 miles/140 miles round-trip from us), people will be able to get insane prices for this figure as long as there is a demand. For OT guys like myself which actually like the show more than the Modern movies, some will come out of pocket for such a figure, but I am not one. I am not going to pay $30-$50 over retail for a figure that other Scummers could (in the past would have) easily help fellow members acquire. I remember the days when I helped numerous people out, on this site and many others, and vice versa. Those days seem to be dust. Peace!
Well in this particular case, like Jeremy, an admin said, this figure is kind of in a grey area of whether it's available at retail currently. If you go to the Target website, it's not available at any stores. And it's not $30-$50 over retail, it's $12. But I agree that it would be nice to help each other out. I've done it here many times in the past.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @Coz, you summed it up perfectly. As I'm not in the US I can't tell if this fig is still in Target stores. All I know is that it's OOS on their website. If it is still on shelves this is scalping.

Buying four to sell when they become scarce isn't the best practise for sure, and someone like the OP who has been here for nearly 20 years should know that the community has a long memory.

Reactions: Coz

Coz

Reaction score
Thanks @Coz, you summed it up perfectly. As I'm not in the US I can't tell if this fig is still in Target stores. All I know is that it's OOS on their website. If it is still on shelves this is scalping.

Buying four to sell when they become scarce isn't the best practise for sure, and someone like the OP who has been here for nearly 20 years should know that the community has a long memory.
On a side note, all this made me have a look at my feedback which had some nice comments from people I hooked up comic con exclusives at cost. But my feedback is gone. First check since the update. Do you know if I can get it back?

Reaction score
FYI for those curious, the SKU is dead in Target’s system. They are gone and not being restocked.

Reaction score
I have sold 2 and only have 2 left. While y’all were fussing over the details, the figure has risen in value due to going OOS. You snooze, you lose!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^ you might want to update this thread then.

Reaction score
Reaction score
This member also has multiple FS threads. Link to rules:

- Do not start more than one For Sale thread at a time. If you have multiple items to sell, put them all in the same thread and title your thread to reflect this. Having more than one thread pushes posts off the front page quicker making it unfair to other users.
No I don’t but thanks for being a board nazi.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Enough. Warnings and timeout PMs will be sent out shortly.

This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.