FOTW #91 Klaatu Skiff

Reaction score
I’m sure there are threads about this somewhere but was he supposed to be a bigger character? I mean we got one Vader figure for 3 movies and then 2 for this guy?

Reaction score
I’m sure there are threads about this somewhere but was he supposed to be a bigger character? I mean we got one Vader figure for 3 movies and then 2 for this guy?
They're actually different characters, the Kenner Klaatu with a fur skirt is named Wooof if you can believe it. They were both released in TVC, and the name was corrected. During the 80s, I'm sure they weren't all the worried about background alien name accuracy, they just wanted variety on the pegs. A lot of the backgrounders weren't even officially named until years later, which is why some still think its the same character. When I was a kid, I simply thought those names were species (which is true in some cases), but if you look at "Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi" on cardback, you know that's a proper name, while "Hammerhead" for example seems to describe a species or nickname. Glad they released both though, as I love classic aliens. I appreciate this sculpt for its bulk - looks like a formidable adversary for the heroes.