FOTW #7 Jawa

Reaction score
Never owned a Jawa as a kid, it wasn't until last year that I added the Kenner release to my collection - here it is pictured with the other 2020 acquisitions. The unfortunate part - no cloak! Anyone have a spare floating around for trade or did blue "snag" them all? lol

View media item 399057
I still got one naked jawa in the pic 🙂 I haven't snaged them all yet 🙂

Reaction score
You know the funny thing about the army of jawas. I don't think I bought even one of those by themselves. They all came in collections I bought over the years and always would just throw the jawas in a big ziplock bag instead of selling them.

Reaction score
If I can remember correctly, I dont think I had one as a child. Funny thing is I had the land of the jawas playset.

Reaction score
Very nice gerrit! Always liked the palitoy cards! Are those old televisions w figs in them? K

Reaction score
Very nice gerrit! Always liked the palitoy cards! Are those old televisions w figs in them? K
Thank you, the vc Jawa is displayed on an ordinairy Palitoy cloth cape Jawa card though and the blister is a reproduction. And yes they are old televisions, there are a few of them scattered around the house. The electronics get removed and they get a plywood interior with some leds and then i use them for displays and dioramas.

Reaction score
That Colgate Jawa is awesome. Where is that from?
It' a souvenir from Celebration Essen, they were handed out as flat sheets at the end of one of the panels. The design is based on the rare Spanish colgate Return of the Jedi promotion.

Reaction score
Super appreciate that I don't see a single AFA figure in the whole display. Also nice mix of non-figure stuff to keep your eye wondering (like that Dalek from Dr.Who). Very nice (and large!) Jawa tribe you got going on there. Keep it up!
Thank you for your kind words, most of my stuff is pretty beat up so it can be authenticated by the yellowing, veins, scuff marks and damage :), i don't really see a reason to own something if i need a third party to tell me if it's real or not. To be perfectly honest there is one AFA item hidden in the picture...can you see where it is?

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words, most of my stuff is pretty beat up so it can be authenticated by the yellowing, veins, scuff marks and damage :), i don't really see a reason to own something if i need a third party to tell me if it's real or not. To be perfectly honest there is one AFA item hidden in the picture...can you see where it is?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's hiding under the toothpaste.. only regular squarish thing I can see. LOL

1610128030532.png

Reaction score
Close, but those are just some more souvenirs from Essen, a patch, a return of the Jawa button a loose figure and a Japanese Jawa coke bottlecap. The AfA case is hidden in one of the tv's. Sorry, didn't realise how grainy that picture looks on a big screen😁20210107_164229.jpg @ blue_snag the ones with the cardbacks and the last row inside the tv are all authentic, most of them come from Germany and France and sadly i could not buy a graded one today for what i paid for all of them together. I bought all the fakes i could find and made a few myself before i bought the first real one just to see how they are made and how to recognise them in grainy pictures on the internet.

Reaction score
Hahaha, NOW I can see it. If you ever want to unload one of those real VC Jawas.... maybe we can work something out? I don't need a graded one, actual prefer it ungraded. Probably will be a pretty chilly day in hell, I know. I know.

Reaction score
Wow! What a cool focus! I mean, just... Wow! The tv display cabinets are amazing! Did you create those? I really love the concept and your execution. The yellow. Brilliant!

My big regret is selling my Land of the Jawas playset at a childhood garage sale. Though I kept the Escape pod.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! What a cool focus! I mean, just... Wow! The tv display cabinets are amazing! Did you create those? I really love the concept and your execution. The yellow. Brilliant!

My big regret is selling my Land of the Jawas playset at a childhood garage sale. Though I kept the Escape pod.
Thank you for the compliments, the tv's are my own creation they are an artsy project i started years ago when my brother found a groovy looking orange one in the trash. The whole point was to be able to put the action figures back where they came from, so from the tv screen into the living room and back into the tv :).
One of my regrets is not buying a Land of the jawas set when they were still affordable but i just can't stand the look of the kid on the box so i can live without one although it would look amazing inside a slightly larger tv:unsure: .

Reaction score
Love this thread and good to see so many Jawa lovers as this has been my focus for over 20 years.

Gerrit,

Damn and holy damn, that is one hell of a collection of Jawas. Is the Clipper 12 Back sealed? If so, that is maybe third or fourth one I have ever seen as those are damn rare. Love the artsy look with the TV's and such.

Though my Jawa Collection is not as big as it used to be, here are two cool ones to add to this thread

ESB Puffy Stickers
View media item 273153
Keshi Jawas from Japan

Reaction score
Which modern Jawa do you guys think is best? I like the cloth skirt one a few releases ago. Really enjoy your collections.

I also regret not buying another Land Of The Jawas a few years back. Very much so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like the POTF2 version that came with a Gonk droid, the sculpt looks slightly animated, but I love the proportions. I have most of the modern 3.75 releases, because variety is essential with Jawas. Here's a nice overview:

JAWA (jedibusiness.com)

Reaction score
Love this thread and good to see so many Jawa lovers as this has been my focus for over 20 years.

Gerrit,

Damn and holy damn, that is one hell of a collection of Jawas. Is the Clipper 12 Back sealed? If so, that is maybe third or fourth one I have ever seen as those are damn rare. Love the artsy look with the TV's and such.

Though my Jawa Collection is not as big as it used to be, here are two cool ones to add to this thread

ESB Puffy Stickers
View media item 273153
Keshi Jawas from Japan
Thanks Jason, damn and holy damn means a lot coming from the curator of one of the best Jawa collections on the internet :). I'm a regular visitor of the madbrownz blogspot and your collection has certainly been an inspiration for me over the years. Most of my collection looks good from afar but when you get closer most items look far from good. The Clipper 12 back is no ecception, it's just an original cardback in a toploader with a (wrong style) repro blister stuck on the outside. The cardback itself is a rare find but the most difficult one for me was the Clipper ESB card. Love the Keshis and the puffy stickers.

Which modern Jawa do you guys think is best? I like the cloth skirt one a few releases ago. Really enjoy your collections.

I also regret not buying another Land Of The Jawas a few years back. Very much so.
That's like asking which one of your children is your favorit. I like all of them for different reasons but my least favorit are the recent black series figures, i just don't like the size of them for some reason. I even Like the Disney Sandcrawler figure better even though it's just a poorly articulated bootleg version of the larger black series figure and it feels like a mc Donalds toy. Special mention goes to the die cast Takara Tomy figure, it's technically not in 3,75 scale but it is almost the same size as the vintage figure, it has a beautiful sculpt and the weight of the metal makes it feel like a top quality collectable.20210117_153147.jpg20210117_153147.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Jason, damn and holy damn means a lot coming from the curator of one of the best Jawa collections on the internet :). I'm a regular visitor of the madbrownz blogspot and your collection has certainly been an inspiration for me over the years. Most of my collection looks good from afar but when you get closer most items look far from good. The Clipper 12 back is no ecception, it's just an original cardback in a toploader with a (wrong style) repro blister stuck on the outside. The cardback itself is a rare find but the most difficult one for me was the Clipper ESB card. Love the Keshis and the puffy stickers.
Thank you for the compliment and information on the Clipper 12 Back. Agreed, the ESB Clipper one you are referring to are NOT easy to find and are more "common" on the ROTJ cardbacks or they used to be...

Concerning which modern Jawa is the best. Personally, I have always loved the Saga 8" figures. Here are my first shots..

Saga Jawa First Shots