*Palitoy 30A
*Palitoy 41-back
*Canadian 41A-survival kit
*Kenner US 48B
*Kenner US 48c
*Kenner US 48D
*Tri-logo
*Meccano ESB square card

The #3 hero of ESB ! R2 is #2 , and Han will always be #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
2-1b is one of my childhood favorites. Such a cool looking character and one of the nicest looking card back art.

Attachments

• A08A7AD1-5B89-4CED-AE25-8ADA46180FB6.jpeg
    A08A7AD1-5B89-4CED-AE25-8ADA46180FB6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Reaction score
My most recent pick-up (for which I'm very happy) is this carded quality control sample.
Apparently "pending transit test" basically meant someone at Kenner took the good ol' Medical Droid for a spin around the block to see if the bubble survived and if there would be any paint wear inside the bubble :D

2-1B QC.jpg

Reaction score
Youthberg, let’s see those esb proofs hiding in background! Looks like you have an awesome 2-1b focus going! K

Reaction score
Awesome! You know where to find me if you would stumble across another example ;)
Yes I'll keep you in mind of course! But the French Trilogo version is really hard to find, I'm not sure I ever saw another example for sale... I was lucky enough to win that one at a live auction sale in Paris ;)

Reaction score
Yes I'll keep you in mind of course! But the French Trilogo version is really hard to find, I'm not sure I ever saw another example for sale... I was lucky enough to win that one at a live auction sale in Paris ;)
Stéphane has also pointed out how hard this piece is to find 😅 Maybe my chances are better now though, since both of you have an example...
Congrats on an amazing find! I need to spend more time in Paris 😁

Reaction score
Youthberg, let’s see those esb proofs hiding in background! Looks like you have an awesome 2-1b focus going! K
Of course 😃 The link in my signature is leading to a very old limelight, but feel free to check it out anyway :) Here's a more recent pic:

1.jpg

Left cabinet, from left to right:
1. Revenge Cromalin
2. Revenge 65-back proof
3. Revenge Mock-up
4. Revenge 48-back proof
5. Gentle Giant Hard-copy
6. Micro paint sample
7. Micro, unpainted
8. POTF Mock-up
9. 1985 catalogue featuring #8
10. Reference slide (cardback image)
11. Cut proof sheet used for promoting Kenner Ghostbusters
12. Mini-cardback art used for catalogues
13. First shot
14. Standard figure
15. Kenner employee store baggie

Right cabinet, from left to right:
1. Transparency featuring 2-1B
2. Reference slide (carded figures including 2-1B)
3. Reference slide (probably used for cardback art)
4. MISB Special Offer PDT-8
5. ESB 41-Back Quality Control Sample
6. ESB 45-Back Quality Control Sample
7. ROTJ 65-back Quality Control Sample
8. ESB 47-back proof (with punch)
9. ESB 45-back proof (round corners)
10. ESB 45-back proof (cut from sheet)

Reaction score
Killer display, so clean. Love the Trilogo 3Po error. Makes me want to have a 21-b focus 😁

Reaction score
Thanks guys :) If you want to check out the collection live, you are of course welcome to swing by for a beer if you ever happen to be in Sweden 🤖

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
Killer display, so clean. Love the Trilogo 3Po error. Makes me want to have a 21-b focus 😁
You should start one! Starting out collecting 2-1B I felt quite alone (both good and bad), but nowadays I believe there are at least 4-5 guys (probably more) actively collecting the best medical droid in the world :D

Reaction score
You should start one! Starting out collecting 2-1B I felt quite alone (both good and bad), but nowadays I believe there are at least 4-5 guys (probably more) actively collecting the best medical droid in the world :D
Very very tempting. I will have to think about it. 😏

Reaction score
Well i have thought about it. I am totally in for a 2-1B focus. I decided it will be a great adventure into something totally new. Already got my eye on some new acquisitions.

Reaction score

Thanks again for sharing your collection , that must have taken at least 15-20 years to assemble ! BTW, how long did it take, thus far ?
For someone starting out collecting 2-1B now a days , picks up 4 or so carded figures per year (production pieces will eventually surface in time, even foreign if you need to keep hunting 3-6 years.. one will eventually surface) , but those 45B o 47B proof cards are 1-3 examples known , so that's just about impossible to obtain now a days. Much of your pre-pro pieces are great, but for the beginner focus collector on this character , if they are aiming at a focus collection similar to yours with Pre-production they should have started collecting 2-1B at least 12-15 years ago ! Not to demotivate anyone trying this (or any other ESB /ROTJ character focus) , but a lot of the real good stuff is either 1. locked up in a collection(s) , and 2. much of the pre-pro pieces are big $$ ( something over $2000 now a days).

In other words, what I'm trying to say is collections like this will span several... many years, often times 15+ years in the making, weekly searches, proper networking, going to the right conventions, spending some $$ , and results will show in time... but again takes many years! Something not everyone has at their disposal .... lots of Time , and some money!

Reaction score
Thanks again for sharing your collection , that must have taken at least 15-20 years to assemble ! BTW, how long did it take, thus far ?
For someone starting out collecting 2-1B now a days , picks up 4 or so carded figures per year (production pieces will eventually surface in time, even foreign if you need to keep hunting 3-6 years.. one will eventually surface) , but those 45B o 47B proof cards are 1-3 examples known , so that's just about impossible to obtain now a days. Much of your pre-pro pieces are great, but for the beginner focus collector on this character , if they are aiming at a focus collection similar to yours with Pre-production they should have started collecting 2-1B at least 12-15 years ago ! Not to demotivate anyone trying this (or any other ESB /ROTJ character focus) , but a lot of the real good stuff is either 1. locked up in a collection(s) , and 2. much of the pre-pro pieces are big $$ ( something over $2000 now a days).

In other words, what I'm trying to say is collections like this will span several... many years, often times 15+ years in the making, weekly searches, proper networking, going to the right conventions, spending some $$ , and results will show in time... but again takes many years! Something not everyone has at their disposal .... lots of Time , and some money!
I totally understand that. I'm not really looking for the high end stuff. I'm more about the character himself. They have made some modern pieces that are awesome. Really looking to have a good time, not so much on focusing on what i don't have. 😁

Reaction score
Great news! As Adam is mentioning, preproduction stuff is of course tough (for any character) and most of my prepro stuff are one-offs, but luckily there is a lot of other fun 2-1B stuff to collect 🥳 With some exceptions, most of the Kenner US carded figures can be found relatively easily, and there are a lot of lose variations as well if that's your thing. The foreign stuff is really tough in general (I'm still searching for a lot of it, 15 years in @Adam_L ), but there is a lot of odd-ball stuff or whatever you want to call it, here are some examples:

Canadian peanut butter lid
PB.jpg

Collecting card from Greece
Greece.jpg

Unproduced (and unpainted) Micro figure
Micro.jpg

Very tiny image used for catalogue production 😅
Mini.jpg

Yoplait collecting card from Spain
Yoplait.jpg

Chinese comic book...
Comic.jpg

...with an unsung hero 😎
2-1General.jpg

Reaction score
Great news! As Adam is mentioning, preproduction stuff is of course tough (for any character) and most of my prepro stuff are one-offs, but luckily there is a lot of other fun 2-1B stuff to collect 🥳 With some exceptions, most of the Kenner US carded figures can be found relatively easily, and there are a lot of lose variations as well if that's your thing. The foreign stuff is really tough in general (I'm still searching for a lot of it, 15 years in @Adam_L ), but there is a lot of odd-ball stuff or whatever you want to call it, here are some examples:

Canadian peanut butter lid
View attachment 431724

Collecting card from Greece
View attachment 431726

Unproduced (and unpainted) Micro figure
View attachment 431728

Very tiny image used for catalogue production 😅
View attachment 431729

Yoplait collecting card from Spain
View attachment 431731

Chinese comic book...
View attachment 431732

...with an unsung hero 😎
View attachment 431736
Very cool stuff. Absolutely love the micro figure. That ones on the list for sure.

Reaction score
I'll never forget seeing this figure when it was new in Toys R us. The color and the design of the figure and the ESB card just popped on the figure rack. I did a "Yoink" and that bad boy was heading home with me. the Empire strikes back was my Favorite and still is 42 years later.

Last edited: