FOTW #19 Emperor

Reaction score
He was my first SW figure. I suspect he was a free mail-away one. My brother got a HUGE haul of the latest ROTJ toys the September after the movie came out, including 10 figures. And I (being 2) got a runner-up prize of an Emperor figure. I suspect my mom of peeling off the PoP's and sending away for it months before the actual party. She loves a bargain and I don't recall seeing his card. Whereas the cards of the 10 figs my brother got are burned into my memory of that day.

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite Kenner figures, I still have my original as well. Mine was a mail away, and I remember getting the POPs and envelope ready, as a little kid. The wait really tested me, but receiving it was a thrill. I've always thought this figure made for a great villain, even though he didn't have a saber or lightening accessory.

Reaction score
Ah, The Emperor figure! I don't know why I missed the post about this for so long.

I'm of the age where the first original trilogy movie I saw in the theater was ROTJ. So that also means I missed out on all the other mail in offers that came along before this one. But I saved my POPs and we sent away for him.

Like so many others, I waited. And waited. And waited some more. That high demand sure was a killer. But when it finally arrived, I got much, much more than just the Emperor in his mail away box. I don't even think they sent him in the box...... I might have actually gotten a carded figure, but I can't recall. What I DO remember is they sent along three or four other figures, all in baggies with an apology letter for the delay, and they hoped the extra figures would make up for the wait. I can't even remember who else they sent, with exception of a Nein Numb. Crazy how much Kenner really did care back then!

When I really got back into collecting in the mid-late 2000's, I would buy a group of figures and upgrade some of my originals. A very stupid decision I made was to sell off the figures that I swapped out for better condition. I know I let too many of "MY" figures go. It didn't seem to bother me too much, until I got a really nice upgrade for The Emperor. As I was about to move "MY" figure into the sell pile, it hit me like a brick in the side of my head. WHAT WAS I DOING!??! This was MY figure. The one I waited so very long for. Sure, it has a small nose rub, but it's MINE. Then the regret came hard. Why did I sell off MY figures? I could have just kept them and put the better figures on display. From that moment on, this is exactly what I did.

So, long story, but I learned a lesson. Now, I still have MY figure, as well as a very nice upgrade, and even a mail away with the box on a shelf with some other baggies. Even have one sitting in the gunner seat of my Death Star because it's the closest thing to a throne. LOL.