FORUM BADGE INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I logged in here, very busy these days! I wanted to post a generic blast out to the board for everyone and anyone who is interested in or who has pinged me via the boards for info on REBELSCUM Forum Badges for Star Wars Fan Days 3.

As of right now I do not have any badges. All of my badge work was done by a friend who had access to all the tools needed, and this unfortunatley is no longer the case.

I have also been nudging Philip Wise for a badge refresh, that is a new design. The time table is becoming tighter each day that passes and the possibility of no badges for the event is likely.

So, if you already own or have a Rebelscum Forum Member badge, bring it!

If you don't have one and you WANT/NEED one... please meail Philip@rebelscum.com and let your voice be heard :)

I'm hoping we can make this happen, just need the new art, and I'm gonna have to round up the OSWCC posse for a badge lamination party it looks like :p

Reaction score
Thanks Dustin.

Would it be possible to get the old artwork for those that want to try making one on our own?

I have a color printer and a lamination machine. So I would like to at least give it a try.

Reaction score
Vader71 said:
Thanks Dustin.

Would it be possible to get the old artwork for those that want to try making one on our own?

I have a color printer and a lamination machine. So I would like to at least give it a try.

I second that!

Reaction score
I sent my e-mail earlier today. But just in case nothing comes to fruition, why don't we device a means of identifying each other at FanDays III? I'll pitch in what I can if we can come to some agreement.

Reaction score
Sent my email as well. I agree with the idea of having the artwork available for printing. Or better yet download. We could take it to a local Staples or other print shop and have in printed, cut and then laminated there for us. ???

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I got an email from Philip last night, it worked! :p We will have badges at SWFD3!

They will be available at our booth. It is not as HUGE as LA so you should have no problems finding us!

As for providing art for homemade badges.... I'd rather we provide you with the badge so we know it is up to our high standards, plus you don't want to be bothered with all that! We'll have them for you, just show up!!!!!!

I imagine we will hit the line up out front prior to opening also to distribute while you wait :)

I cannot wait guys, see you all real soon!

MTFBWYA!

Reaction score
Sweet! Do we put our name on a list, or will you just have a bunch for first come/first served?

Reaction score
That's great news Dustin! Thanks for taking care of this. Can't wait to get one!

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
With or without our screenname?
If I had to guess, I'd say they won't be personalized. It seems like they'll be the generic ones that say "Rebelscum" where personalized badges say your username.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
deathstar1000 said:
If I had to guess, I'd say they won't be personalized. It seems like they'll be the generic ones that say "Rebelscum" where personalized badges say your username.
I assume the generic as well or we would need a sign up list.

I am thinking about printing my name and avatar on an address label before going and I can stick that on the badge to identify myself, should be easy enough to do if you want everyone to know who you are.

Reaction score
Vader71 said:
Eric_Geller said:
deathstar1000 said:
I assume the generic as well or we would need a sign up list.

I am thinking about printing my name and avatar on an address label before going and I can stick that on the badge to identify myself, should be easy enough to do if you want everyone to know who you are.
Thats a great idea! Nut will these badges be just handed out to anyone who raises their hand on the line or to actual members of the forums?

Reaction score
Where will your booth be?

Dustin said:
Thanks guys!

I got an email from Philip last night, it worked! :p We will have badges at SWFD3!

They will be available at our booth. It is not as HUGE as LA so you should have no problems finding us!

As for providing art for homemade badges.... I'd rather we provide you with the badge so we know it is up to our high standards, plus you don't want to be bothered with all that! We'll have them for you, just show up!!!!!!

I imagine we will hit the line up out front prior to opening also to distribute while you wait :)

MTFBWYA!

Reaction score
Yes! Thanks Dustin and Phillip! Now FanDays III will be complete. The printing out our own personalized labels sounds like a neat idea too!

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
boba_flint said:
Where will your booth be?

Dustin said:
Thanks guys!

MTFBWYA!
I think we're gonna be next to the OPX booth, which makes sense since we will be selling ForceCast T-Shirts and need a cash register and card machine. Check the floor plans at starwarsfandays.com.

The badges will not be personalized, it simply takes too long to produce and distribute. Plus if you forget or don't show then I'm stuck with badges like "Jedifrank1999" which I can't use :)

The generic Rebelscum Forum Badge is a way for other members to easily identify you, so that you will say "hey I'm a member too!" "What's your screen name?" If anyone wants to bring a ptouch lable maker that'd be cool too, but personalization simply takes too long and soemone always gets missed etc etc etc etc etc.....

So, you will get generic and you'll like it :) LOL! JK!

I'm actually hoping that Philip has the graphics reworked, but we'll see.

They should be branded for the event ie: "Star Wars Fan Day III"

Spread the word, we'll have badges!

Status
Not open for further replies.