ForceCast Mobile Applications

Reaction score
Re: The Forcecast App

Once exclusive content starts to hit, someone will have to let those of us with a <s>reliable</s> other cell phone provider
what this content is, so that we might <s>grumble, torrent</s> find some other way of getting the audio.

Reaction score

Well Murray, you may not have to wait that long to have a legit way to get the stuff because otherverizon</font> carriers are fixing to get the iphone by possibly as early as this summer. As for me, I just got it on my iPod touch because I don't really like some<font color="red">att carrier's coverage maps and stuff, so I'm on Verizon, too.

Reaction score

Darth_Diggitus said:
Well Murray, you may not have to wait that long to have a legit way to get the stuff because otherverizon</font> carriers are fixing to get the iphone by possibly as early as this summer. As for me, I just got it on my iPod touch because I don't really like some<font color="red">att carrier's coverage maps and stuff, so I'm on Verizon, too.
That's what I did too. The iPod touch is a great purchase if you a) don't have a smartphone but want extensive PDA/media/app features or b) want an iDevice without buying a sucky AT&T contract.

Reaction score

Frankly, I'm torn on this app.

On the plus side, I'm very happy for you guys. This is a wonderful tool to expand the reach of the <s>empire</s> podcast.
It also has some wonderful functionality that will help make the show better.

On the negative, it leaves me with the taste of the Hyperspace program for starwars.com. I was able to get in on the Hyperspace program when I subscribed to the Star Wars Insider. When my subscription lapsed due to monetary reasons and concerns over the quality of the magazine, my Hyperspace membership went with it. In the lead-up to Revenge of the Sith, there was a plethora of content released to Hyperspace, but hardly anything to the public-facing site. Futhermore, the promise of gradually converting the premium stuff to the public-facing site seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was disappointed.

Here's my point: While I agree with the exclusivity business model, I don't want to see the common fan who can't afford an iPhone/iTouch -- let alone the $2.99 for the app... yes, they exist -- lost in the shuffle. I personally don't see the need for an iPhone right now in my life, and I'm not going to lay down the cash for one just because one of my favorite podcasts "has an app for that."

Please don't make the exclusives something that pushes your non-Apple Star Wars fans away because they start missing out on big things in the TFN/RS/Forcecast.net universe.

Just my two credits.

Reaction score

I have to agree. The fact that there is an app is awesome. I am in full support of it. But I myself don't have an iPhone (hopefully avail to many more of us this summer) or a iTouch and hearing that there would be exclusives for those that do have them did bug me. I have an iPod, and while I would love to support the FC I really can justify buying an iTouch or switching phone carriers to do it.

I am just hoping that we are not left out of the loop and that perhaps the exclusive content will be released to us maybe on a delayed schedule.

Reaction score

I have no problem with paying for the app, as the money does go toward the hard work that the guys do at The ForceCast. That said, when are we going to see an Android App? I mean, how can you not have it available on the Droid?

Reaction score

I have mixed feelings about the app as well. I've been listening to The ForceCast since near the beginning and throughout the last few years of university/summer jobs it has kept me feeling a part of the Star Wars community when I otherwise would have been forced to set Star Wars aside.

As much as I would love an iPhone I just can't afford one, and that's fine. I'm glad this app is available for those of you who do have one and that it can help Jimmy and Jason and everyone else involved to keep the show going. However, whereas the ForceCast has always made me feel of part of whatever else is going on with Star Wars around the world, this is the first time in the history of my listening to the show that I've honestly felt like the show itself is leaving me behind in regards to the exclusive content for the app.

I'm sure this feeling will pass, but I thought I'd just add my two cents in.

Reaction score

Hey Jason or Jimmy, just wanted to let you know the app is not working right now. I can't even load it to report the error, whenever I try to open it, a box pops up saying "app id does not match destination id" then the app shuts down. Fix it, pleeease! Make it work! Help me, Jason and Jimmy Mac... You're my only hope!

Reaction score

Yeah I get the same; Error: app_id [tfn394] does not match destination id []
I check to see if there were any up dates that might have caused the message but there were no updates that needed to be applied.

Reaction score

Add me to that list, the App is not working and getting the same error message

Reaction score

I dropped Jimmy a message on Facebook, I'm sure he'll let the appropriate people know once he sees it.

Reaction score

I'm experiencing the same app malfunction and I have alerted the approriate parties. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. Thanks for the alert and our apologies for this hiccup.

Reaction score

I'm glad to hear the I'm not the only one having problems. With all the problems I've been having with this phone I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I downloded the app yesterday and what I saw of it seemed great.

Reaction score

Looks like all the problems have been resolved and everything is back to normal!

Reaction score

Im still getting the error message as of today.

Reaction score

I opened it up just before I came to work at 3pm Echo3. How about everyone else? Everyone else's working ok?

Reaction score

All is good in the galaxy again, working fine now.

Reaction score

Hey guys,

I just downloaded the new app however when I open it a message appears saying “ALERT: There are no previously downloaded episodes for offline mode”. I then click ‘Done’ and it closes the application. Now I already have all of my episodes synced to my iPod so I can’t figure this out. I don’t have my internet connected to the iPod either so I don’t know if that’s it. The only thing I can think of is that I change the name of each pod cast to have all of the same Artist information, since my iPod mixes them into different folders on the iPod unless they have the same Artist name. I don’t change it much – I just add a hyphen in Force-Cast. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jibba

Reaction score

The app downloads the podcast seperatly to you iTunes downloads, it wont recognise ones you already have.
You need to be online to download episodes to use with the app, once they're downloaded you will be able to use them offline.

Reaction score

So, the first exclusive content has hit. Anybody want to share what we are missing out on?

Reaction score

It's Jimmy Macs radio special for CBS Radio prior to the Episode 3 release, 105.9 WCKG Star Wars Radio Special.
Some of which we've heard before but can now hear in it's entirety.

Reaction score

Would you guys consider releasing the app for Macs? I would really, really like to be able to run it.

Reaction score
Re: The ForceCast iPhone App

How does this work with iPad? Anyone out there have both? Just curious . . .

Reaction score

PMJones said:
How does this work with iPad? Anyone out there have both? Just curious . . .
As far as I know, every app that works with the iPhone and iPod touch will work in an up-scaled fashion on the iPad. A lot of apps have been redesigned by their developers in special iPad formats, but you can still use this app on your iPad in a "zoomed-in" fashion.

Reaction score

The only thing is that I really wish it didn't use quicktime video....it's kinda slow booting....

Reaction score

Yeah it took me by surprise when I saw 'Loading Movie' I thought it was loading the video from the live show....oh now there's an idea for the iPod/iPhone app, Force Cast video podcast, why not they're using a camera anyway why not record it????

Reaction score

And maybe they can take what MinckInk does with FCTV but do that with portions of the ep.

Reaction score

I got the app and over all I like it. I just hate the drain streaming puts on my phone while I'm at work, but that is with any app. Keep up the great work guys. It is a life saver when I am on the go and can't download the show. Keeps the Force in my commute.

Reaction score

Finally got my iPhone, and the first app I bought? The Forcecast app, of course! It's a wizard app and I have used it many times already in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping there is more 'bonus' content to come.

Keep up the good work on the Forcecast!

Reaction score

The Forcecast app is the first and only purchased app i have. All others are free. I would love to see some of the CV app features such as in app twitter interface, photos, and news. Still that being said, i totally enjoy the app and it was well worth the $ just to support the Forcecast.

Reaction score

Love the archives. Just listen to Jimmy-Mac ask Steve Sansweet “are you going commando?” at Celebration Japan. Great App!!!