ForceCast #288: Cat People, Rejoice!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

With several rumors pointing to big changes in Star Wars canon, Erik and Eric break down the latest news and speculation, and then address the question of an evolving continuity in the discussion segment. What could Lucasfilm do to streamline the universe? What changes are likely in the months ahead? We break it down for you on The ForceCast.

Click here to listen.

Reaction score
As a massive reader of the EU I'm really concerned about what will happen. However, Disney know that suckers like me will buy every comic and book (Chris several times!) regardless of what they do. Personally I'd love to see the existing EU continue and then wrap up in about 10 years time or so. Start the new 'rebranded EU' in about 2 years and take a new direction based on the sequels. My kids will want to follow their new heroes and characters like Wedge, Corran, Thrawn etc will just not do it for them I'm afraid.

My favourite EU character is Thrawn. I'm a Sith/Dark Lord guy through and through - Morgoth's death in Middle Earth haunts me to this day! What I like about Thrawn is that he's very efficient and his intelligence is used more so than brutal ignorance. Thrawn appreciates the value of underlings whereas Vader, Palpatine etc are too predictable.