Force of Destiny figures

Reaction score
Any Chance we could get a thread or section for the new Force of Destiny figures? as 11 inch females they are actually 1/6th scale as most of my action collection Leias and Padmes are 11 inches.

Reaction score
This line of 11" figures seemed interesting, until you see it's again some over-cartoonized things. I'm already tired to see Funko Pops everywhere, it seems now everyone wants their own line of ugly-looking funny figures.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not impressed with these either. Then again, we aren't really the target demographic for this line...unless you are a 10 year old girl ;)

I don't understand why BB-8 and R2 are so tiny compared to the dolls and WTF is up with that Chewie?

Reaction score
I'm all for Hasbro reaching out to different audiences, especially girls and female collectors - and promoting the strong female heroes of the SW universe. I personally won't be buying any because of scale though. If they did these animated figures in 3.75 scale, and got rid of the softgoods hair, I might be up for it. Chewie looks like he's straight out of Robot Chicken though.

Reaction score
I don't mind this line either, it's just that with Hasbro you can be sure that sub-lines like this will take the place of cool figures in the other lines.

Reaction score
What cool figures in the other lines? They all disappeared ages ago in favour of overpriced 6 inch stuff and 3 3/4 statues.

I think this line looks fun and a great entry point for little kids (girls) to get into Star Wars and collecting : )

GNT

Reaction score
It's the girls line. :)

I don't mind the look of Wicket but I doubt I'll be purchasing this line.

Reaction score
As a middle-aged guy, I don't have much interest in these FOD dolls - for the most part. The Chewbacca looks decent, however - it's tough to make a 12" flocked Chewie figure, and I like this version - though it still doesn't look much like Chewie in the film.

Reaction score
As a middle-aged guy, I don't have much interest in these FOD dolls - for the most part. The Chewbacca looks decent, however - it's tough to make a 12" flocked Chewie figure, and I like this version - though it still doesn't look much like Chewie in the film.
You reckon the Chewbacca looks decent? :wtf:

Might want to look its face again.......

Looks more like Bigfoot than Chewbacca. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
You reckon the Chewbacca looks decent? :wtf:

Might want to look its face again.......

Looks more like Bigfoot than Chewbacca. :rolleyes:
Well, though it doesn't look that screen-accurate, I definitely think this Chewie is far superior to most other 12" relatively inexpensive versions from Hasbro. The flocked Chewbacca from around 1997 looked like a stuffed animal, and the 1999/2000 12" Plastic Chewie looked awful.

Sure, the more recent very expensive Hot Toys/Sideshow Chewie looks much better than the previous versions. But, this is in a whole other ball park due to the extreme expense of the figure.

Reaction score
Well, though it doesn't look that screen-accurate, I definitely think this Chewie is far superior to most other 12" relatively inexpensive versions from Hasbro. The flocked Chewbacca from around 1997 looked like a stuffed animal, and the 1999/2000 12" Plastic Chewie looked awful.

Sure, the more recent very expensive Hot Toys/Sideshow Chewie looks much better than the previous versions. But, this is in a whole other ball park due to the extreme expense of the figure.
Still looks horrible to me and nothing at all like Chewbacca.

Reaction score
My daughters, 12 and 8, are beyond excited for this line, and I think the dolls look superb (perhaps excepting Chewie). Ahsoka looks like to winner so far, though I doubt we'll only be buying her. I anticipate picking up a number of these for my daughters' collection. They will go very well with their DC heroes, Monster High and Ever After High dolls. More than anything, i am just thrilled that Hasbro is recognizing this segment of the fandom. For many years my daughters have been irritated by the lack of product centered around their interests (still no Ahsoka roleplay lightsabers?). This is great and i hope it does well for Disney, Lucasfilm and Hasbro.

Reaction score
These look like the best Jyn, and Rey versions available currently. I was an action c9ollection collector through the entire run and the slightly stylized cartoony look of these will fit in nicely. My Action collection Slave Leia is as cartoony as these are and isn't articulated as well, besides its a way to get a scaled BB8. These beat the dreadful titans series in every way.

Reaction score
I'm all for Hasbro reaching out to different audiences, especially girls and female collectors - and promoting the strong female heroes of the SW universe.
It's obviously been done before during Episode I with the Padme Amidala line. This time, we're getting more than one character rather than redresses of the same character. My now teenage daughter is quite taken by this line, but we're still on the fence about acquiring another SW subline. We tried a similar thing with the Hunger Games figures when it was all the rave a couple years back, but as any parent of young girls would know, interests potentially shift time and time again.

Reaction score
Saw the first few Destiny figures at D23 this weekend. They look pretty good in person. The combination of plastic sculpted clothing and soft goods works really well. Also, R2 and wicket look pretty good, and less ridiculous (in terms of scale) in person than in some pictures. They are too small, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
After seeing these on the shelves, the Artoo is almost to scale with the 6" line. Not so sure about Wicket though.

Reaction score
I picked up Sabine today at Target. The also had Rey (Jakku and Resistance), Leia (Hoth and Endor), and Jyn. I figured since Sabine is a cartoon anyways, the look works for her. We'll see if she fits in with the rest of my 12"

Reaction score
Have seen various figures at TRU and Target in the Star Wars section, and WalMart in the doll section, near the DC Superhero dolls. Hard to say where they will end up though, since both Target and Wal_Mart are in clearance disarray as far as shelf space and resetting for the fall. TRU had shelf tags for them though, in the SW section.

Reaction score
I cracked Sabine open yesterday. It's a pretty nice figure! The upper body is molded, but the lower half has pants and boots that come off easily, with slits down the back of the boots so they are easy to get on and off (for changing her outfits). All the armor pads snap on and off, but because of this aren't painted or detailed. The helmet fits perfectly and looks good, but the range finder doesn't move. She's fully articulated, and comes with an action feature. She has a quick draw waist turn feature that is supposed to work when you squeeze her legs, but I'd say either mine's a dud or just doesn't generally work that well.

As for general look, she's all over the place. Her hair is blue, so that's season 2. Her chest armor seems to confirm this. But her hair is a little longer than it appears in the show, and the rest of her season 2 gear is not here - the extra pockets, the bracers, the flares on her boots. Her skin tone is also much darker than in the show or on any other figure of her. I wonder if that was a conscious decision to give her more 'ethnicity'.

For $20 I have no complaints. It's a really nice figure and there is alot of play value here. I think there's enough here that a good customizer could make a really nice 12" Sabine.

Reaction score
As a late 40's guy, I'm sure I'm not in the demographic that these 12" dolls are aiming for - LOL. However, I am tempted to get the Sabine Wren - very cool looking figure.

Though the figures may be 12" scale, the Wicket Ewok that comes with the Endor Leia figure definitely is not; I had a 12" scale Wicket that came out in the late '90's (Hasbro line), and that was somewhat larger than this newer one.

Reaction score
My younger sister (age 43) and my niece (age 11) collect 12" Disney high end dolls. Villains only. They have expressed great interest in this line but are sticking to their Villians focus. Hopefully they will branch out and make female villain characters, perhaps Aurra Sing, Assaj Ventress, Darth Talon, Govenor Price come to mind

personally I would love to see Female Jedi made particularly Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura. Tonnika Sisters would be a super cool unique choice. Yeah I know about the whole licensing problem but it's 40 years ago for goodness sake

Reaction score
personally I would love to see Female Jedi made particularly Shaak Ti and Aayla Secura. Tonnika Sisters would be a super cool unique choice. Yeah I know about the whole licensing problem but it's 40 years ago for goodness sake
I would be all over a FOD Tonnika Sisters two-pack in a New York minute. However, I don't see a two-pack of dolls being produced before they ever make the actual action figures of these characters. The Tonnikas have been on SW fan's want(s) list since the 1990's, and it's my understanding that they haven't been made due to issues involving the actresses who played the sisters not signing over permission for their likenesses to be portrayed as figures. IIRC, one of the actresses has since passed, but the other is still alive & I'm sure that the families are somehow involved/aware of the situation. I don't see these figures ever being made because of this. Lflm./Disney is not going to fork over money to the actresses/families for "permission" to use their likenesses, especially given that there are plethora of other human characters/aliens/robots they can make figures from in all of the numerous films that don't involve likeness issues like this.

Just my .02.

Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for Ahsoka to hit. I also notice that these figures are not selling... at all. It's kinda sad because they are well done.

Reaction score
Saw Chewy in person for the first time at KMart tonight. Didn't get it, but may eventually. It was $32.99 I think. It's $32 on Amazon as well. It actually looks pretty good, and the face plate doesn't look so off and a different color than in pics.

Reaction score
I bought the 2 Leia's as she is my favorite SW Character as well as Resistance Base Rey. I'm hoping to pick up the ANH version of Leia once it hits retail. I bought 2 of the Endor version I can display her both in the combat fatigues and the Ewok Dress. I also untied her hair buns and let the hair fall gently around the figure to give her a closer representation of her Ewok dress look. not sure what I'm going to do with the second Ewok yet... Might try and customize him to make a completely different Ewok

Reaction score
I bought the 2 Leia's as she is my favorite SW Character as well as Resistance Base Rey. I'm hoping to pick up the ANH version of Leia once it hits retail. I bought 2 of the Endor version I can display her both in the combat fatigues and the Ewok Dress. I also untied her hair buns and let the hair fall gently around the figure to give her a closer representation of her Ewok dress look. not sure what I'm going to do with the second Ewok yet... Might try and customize him to make a completely different Ewok
Given the cartoon nature of the dolls, It would work great as Kneesaa, from the Ewok cartoon. A grey paintjob and pink head scarf. Maybe even just paint the Wicket cowel and trim the front flap off.

Reaction score
These really are beautifully done and I love the overall look of this line. They are 'stylized', but not too much. A great balance to my eye - similar to how Hasbro nailed the look of the CW figs to match the aesthetic of the show.
I am surprised there isn't more discussion here on these boards for these figs. I love 'em and the whole 'Forces of Destiny' project. I hope we get more! It would be great to get more FOD content/episodes as well.

Reaction score
These really are beautifully done and I love the overall look of this line. They are 'stylized', but not too much. A great balance to my eye - similar to how Hasbro nailed the look of the CW figs to match the aesthetic of the show. I am surprised there isn't more discussion here on these boards for these figs. I love 'em and the whole 'Forces of Destiny' project. I hope we get more! It would be great to get more FOD content/episodes as well.
I agree these figures are excellent. They obviously have the "doll" look going on, but also have an aesthetic that is attractive to collectors who appreciate detail. I will admit that I have a strong interest in collecting at least some of these, notably Sabine Wren & Leia in Hoth Outfit (my favorite Leia outfit from the OT). However, I will admit that my being a late 40's guy makes me a little leery of buying these (if asked, I know I could say these are gifts, however - LOL).

Reaction score
I agree these figures are excellent. They obviously have the "doll" look going on, but also have an aesthetic that is attractive to collectors who appreciate detail. I will admit that I have a strong interest in collecting at least some of these, notably Sabine Wren & Leia in Hoth Outfit (my favorite Leia outfit from the OT). However, I will admit that my being a late 40's guy makes me a little leery of buying these (if asked, I know I could say these are gifts, however - LOL).
Ah, I see I am not alone in our demographic! Ha! I do have 2 daughters myself (9 & 12 yo) and these are obvioulsy marketed towards them...but we enjoy all this stuff together. Since they were kids I taught them that SW is for everybody and if you're into it, be into it. 'Say it loud and say it proud' - And they live out that message. Luckily the community now has lots of folks like Ashley Einstein (Her Universe) and other who help expand fandom to all nooks and crannies of every demographic. SW has something for everyone (THANKS GL!). And just like my girls, I choose to enjoy what I enjoy, including these toys, even if they are 'dolls'.

BTW - if you are a fan of Hoth Leia, I hope you are starting to save NOW for that Hot Toys 1/6 scale Leia. THAT is a thing of beauty!!!

Reaction score
Ah, I see I am not alone in our demographic! Ha! I do have 2 daughters myself (9 & 12 yo) and these are obvioulsy marketed towards them...but we enjoy all this stuff together. Since they were kids I taught them that SW is for everybody and if you're into it, be into it. 'Say it loud and say it proud' - And they live out that message. Luckily the community now has lots of folks like Ashley Einstein (Her Universe) and other who help expand fandom to all nooks and crannies of every demographic. SW has something for everyone (THANKS GL!). And just like my girls, I choose to enjoy what I enjoy, including these toys, even if they are 'dolls'.

BTW - if you are a fan of Hoth Leia, I hope you are starting to save NOW for that Hot Toys 1/6 scale Leia. THAT is a thing of beauty!!!
Good points. I don't have any children, but do have younger relatives who are becoming big Star Wars fans. It's cool that SW fandom transcends ages, cultures, etc. I.e., I think the older fans like me (who were children when the OT was originally released to theaters) are now "passing on" the love of the films/franchise to the younger generation.

Re: the 12" Hoth Leia, my favorite version (so far) is the figure that came out in the Hasbro line circa 1998. This was a Service Merchandise exclusive (at the time), though may have had a wider release later. In any case, great detail on the toy & this is one of my favorite 12" figures.

I agree the forthcoming Hot toys Hoth Leia looks amazing - but the HT & Sideshow prices are too expensive for me.

One of the reasons I wanted to get at least some of the Forces of Destiny figures is because the price is very reasonable for what you're getting - and, they also look great as collectibles.

Reaction score
Saw Chewy in person for the first time at KMart tonight. Didn't get it, but may eventually. It was $32.99 I think. It's $32 on Amazon as well. It actually looks pretty good, and the face plate doesn't look so off and a different color than in pics.
Based on the pics. of the figure I've seen online, I agree with you. This figure is getting a lot of undeserved hate. For a flocked Chewie at a relatively inexpensive retail price, this is a decent looking figure - the face is definitely "cartoonish", but that's the whole intent here.

Reaction score
Given the cartoon nature of the dolls, It would work great as Kneesaa, from the Ewok cartoon. A grey paintjob and pink head scarf. Maybe even just paint the Wicket cowel and trim the front flap off.
There is a Kneesaa coming (along with porgs, Yoda, and Sabine and speeder bike)

Reaction score
Sabine, Jakku Rey and Jyn Erso were marked down to $9.00 at our local WM. I almost brought myself to buy Rey but backed out at the last minute, since I really have no place for it in my collection. It was just an impulse buy due to the 50% off price.

FYI, they also have Rey and Jyn for $9 on Walmart.com if you do local pickup. Otherwise, it's $15.