For Those Who Bought From "Laserbrain" aka DarkLordSith1978

Reaction score
I contacted the mods to unlock Laserbrains "for sale" thread so we could post updates, waiting for a reply...so I figured I would post here while we wait :)

I have heard from a few people via PM regarding their transaction with the user: Laserbrain. He seems to have ripped off a few people and if you are someone who has purchased from him, file your Paypal claim now.

And please post here as a way to communicate with the other members who also purchased from him.

I will be filing mail fraud charges against him with the USPS inspectors office.

I purchased the Vintage Collection "Revenge" Carded Darth Vader from him. Anybody else also get sold this item?

Has anyone actually heard from Laserbrain in the past week?

Laserbrain, if you would like to defend yourself and/or make things right, here is the place and now is the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought a Black Series SDCC Boba Fett and got ripped off as well. I last heard from him almost a week ago letting me know that he understood why I opened up a case on him and was whining about how is PayPal is now negative until this thing is straightened out? PayPal is giving him until the 14th to respond and so far he hasn't. So I guess in a week I will be getting my funds back I hope???? Wish me luck.

Reaction score
Damn it! I bought the death star briefing from this guy for $50. He has been saying that he sent it out for close to 3 weeks now.

Reaction score
same here I've purchase 2 items from him and I was told that I was ship out 2 weeks ago, and nothing yet, Just file a paypal dispute and see if he reply back with any tracking number at all

Reaction score
Geeze, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. Hope people get their stuff, or he's decent enough to refund the money.

I've had I think two transactions go bad here over the years. The last one from about 5 years ago, the guy basically said he couldn't send the stuff, or give me a refund. He said he was sorry, that times were tough. I was not happy, but didn't make too big of a deal about it. Then not too long ago he entered his name into a prize drawing at Yakface we were sponsoring... I came close to calling him out but bit my tongue.

Reaction score
I got sold the TVC ROTS Vader/Anakin and have not heard back from him. Only my second experience on the board so it kinda sucks.

Reaction score
I got sold the TVC ROTS Vader/Anakin and have not heard back from him. Only my second experience on the board so it kinda sucks.
Don't let this experience discourage you from buying on Rebelscum, but definitely use it as a learning experience. I have done lots of sales, purchases, and trades here over the years and this is only the 2nd time that someone has pulled a scam. Most of the people on this forum are great peeps!

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been contacted by LaserBrain's account, or from someone who is logged in as him. Please PM me if you have been as well. Please do not post details of their message here (not yet anyways). I want to compare notes.

And I highly advise that you DO NOT close your paypal disputes, no matter what the message that you receive is.

Reaction score
I've got a PM as well, but now im just gonna keep my dispute open and let paypal decide

Reaction score
Did all of you send payment as PayPal gift or sale? I was curious if you sent as gift, what is your claim?
This type of scam makes me want to pay the fees to be protected.

Reaction score
Did all of you send payment as PayPal gift or sale? I was curious if you sent as gift, what is your claim?
This type of scam makes me want to pay the fees to be protected.
You should always pay the fees. They are minimal, absolutely negligible, especially on low dollar transactions. The rate is 3% plus $0.30 per transaction (it may differ country to country though). Those few extra dollars are worth the peace of mind.

Also, I'm sorry to those of you who appear to have been scammed in this instance. I signed up for RS last July just to buy things, and so far, that's pretty much all I've done (I'm working on completing my first trade right now though!). So far, not a single bad transaction. All the Scummers I have dealt with are great. However, as favorable as my communications may be before a transaction takes place, I always put down the PP fees and never pay as a gift. Additionally, I take the time to write in the note what I am paying for and what each piece costs - item, shipping, and fees. It's helpful to me later when I finally get new items of my collection inputted into my database and if a dispute ever arises.

Reaction score
Just so there is no more doubt or deception, Laserbrain is/was also DarkLordSith1978.

I have the proof of that if any one needs it, but really a close inspection of both Laserbrain's and DarkLordSith1978's "for sale" threads is all that anyone needs to figure it out.

Also, for the record, I was paid back my money yesterday right after discovering this fact (like within 5 minutes, via paypal gift, from another paypal account?), which I appreciate, but there are many others out there who were ripped off and they need to be paid back as well.

DO NOT close your paypal disputes no matter what story you receive via PM from Laserbrain.

This is the: LINK to DarkLordSith1978's last for sale thread here in 2014.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a bogus message from his "wife" claiming that he had died from an extreme asthma attack - bahahaha. No obituary the could be sent because "didn't realize it cost money for an obituary", what a racket. Anyhow, that was my first RS transaction. I bought the bounty hunter pack for $50. I know he lives in little rock arkansas, and would love to find a physical address. I'd be happy to spend 10 times that ammount to let it be known to those that live with him (parents, significant others, etc) that he's engaging in petty theft and is a piece of s***. I spend a few hundred each month on collecting, so no big deal, but the idea of taking from someone else really rubs me the wrong way.

Reaction score
I got a bogus message from his "wife" claiming that he had died from an extreme asthma attack - bahahaha. No obituary the could be sent because "didn't realize it cost money for an obituary", what a racket. Anyhow, that was my first RS transaction. I bought the bounty hunter pack for $50. I know he lives in little rock arkansas, and would love to find a physical address. I'd be happy to spend 10 times that ammount to let it be known to those that live with him (parents, significant others, etc) that he's engaging in petty theft and is a piece of s***. I spend a few hundred each month on collecting, so no big deal, but the idea of taking from someone else really rubs me the wrong way.
Actually, if you add up all the money that he has taken, including that which he has stole using other user ID's, it is no longer "petty" theft.

Reaction score
I grew up down the road from Little Rock and would be happy to go to the police if we get more information about him.

Reaction score
I just did a transaction with DynoDave and he is a great guy so i pained to see this happen to him... as well as my fellow members here ugh.. I feel sorry for everyone, I am sorry guys :(

It also makes me sad because new members or those who are returning.. will feel worried about dealing with the reputable members here. For the most part, the vast majority of members here and in the community are honest folks who put a good faith effort on the entire process... and in some ways, its a very small community to where the rotten apples are spotted and tracked for lifetime.

i hope it works out for you guys, again I am really sorry to hear about this here :(

Reaction score
You should always pay the fees. They are minimal, absolutely negligible, especially on low dollar transactions. The rate is 3% plus $0.30 per transaction (it may differ country to country though). Those few extra dollars are worth the peace of mind.
Exactly! You should always protect yourself and pay the fees; if a seller says they'll only accept payment as a "Gift", then you're almost always guaranteed to be screwed over.

Reaction score
How is everyone doing on getting their money refunded by Paypal? Those disputes should be starting to close soon.