Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question for those who focus collect. What figure do you focus on, and why? For those who don't, which figure do you have more of than others?

Reaction score
I do focus collect; but am not focused on any permanent character. My focus collecting is sporadic. I focused on the First Order Snowtrooper for a long time. Then, Greedo for a few months. After him, Zuckuss. From Zuckuss to the TIE Fighter Pilot. It's about whatever character I'm really feeling at the time. It's not always easy; especially if you get small, minor characters in your mind. I really love the Imperial Dignitary (Sim Aloo) and Brock Starsher; for examples. The Dignitary has very, very little merchandise out there. Starsher next to nothing. So it can be frustrating. Oddly, the more items a character has, the less I find it appealing to focus collect them. I absolutely love Luke, Vader; all those main guys, and you could spend a lifetime collecting either one of them alone; but it doesn't interest me as much. I seem to lean to characters that are there and gone in a flash or select troop types.

Reaction score
I don't really "Focus" collect, but I do really like the Biker Scout figure. I have several loose, as well as several loose and boxed speeder bikes. A sealed baggie and a carded Trilogo. It's the figure I have the most of, other than Stormtroopers. I seriously doubt I'll ever evolve it into owning any pre production items or anything like that, but I would like to add a couple more carded examples.

Reaction score
i focus in a different way. rather than just be a horder and have 90 identical figures,i buy different versions much how i army build.
the wayi army build is again not buy buying duplicates but multiple versions
i have about 12 or so different potf2 stormtroopers none of them are the same.
with gi joe i have a few different versions of cobra troopers again they are all unique.

for me its probably leia if i focus on anyone. most of my "focusing" has been in the 6 inch line though. i just have a greater love and appreciation for leia now that carrie is gone so i like having various leia figures from all the differant medias: vintage,potf2, black series and so on.
but if i chose a single figure then its bespin luke :D i still need a blaster for him to complete him though. right now im kind of on hiatus with star wars. theres not much left to do in vintage.
i need bwing pilot, wicket,farm luke and jawa as well as the rebo band and the last 16 (ive got anakin) after that it will just be hunting playsets vehicles and mini rigs. also im interested in thall joban kea moll and jann tosh but thats as far into that dark forest as im going.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Jawa is my main figure focus. I chose Jawas because I always thought they were really cool and I wanted a challenging character to focus on. I also have a Leia Organa focus because she was one of my first figures and a childhood favorite. I have enjoyed the challenge of putting together these two character runs over the years. I also collect other vintage SW, but these two take priority over everything else.

Reaction score
I might buy anything and everything, but some things speak more to me, and have become a kind of focus. I really like Star Wars cartoon imagery, so like illustrations and such. I love the old Marvel imagery and of course Droids and Ewoks. I also like old Dixie cups or stuff from the ‘70s and ‘80s that have that rendered art look.

As for specific characters, I guess I’ve focus-collected Yoda more than anything. But I mostly only go 3.75”.

Reaction score
Villains and "shady characters" and anti-heroes, mostly Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Batman and AVP, but some other stuff thrown in. As for Star Wars, since I started re-collecting in 2012, the focus has been the Sith Lords (later adding Snoke and Kylo Ren), the 6 bounty hunters, Royal / Praetorian guards, Dignitaries, and some assorted troopers I like (Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, Kashyyyk Elite Clones, etc).

Reaction score
I don't focus collect, but I would love to do Luke. To me he's always been the single most important character in the series. But the price of most of his figures puts that out of reach for me.

Reaction score
Villains and "shady characters" and anti-heroes, mostly Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Batman and AVP, but some other stuff thrown in. As for Star Wars, since I started re-collecting in 2012, the focus has been the Sith Lords (later adding Snoke and Kylo Ren), the 6 bounty hunters, Royal / Praetorian guards, Dignitaries, and some assorted troopers I like (Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, Kashyyyk Elite Clones, etc).
That seems like a really fun focus!

Reaction score
I don't focus collect, but I would love to do Luke. To me he's always been the single most important character in the series. But the price of most of his figures puts that out of reach for me.
There have been times that I’ve focused on Luke. He’s only gotten more likable as the Saga has evolved (mainly due to Mark Hamill’s strange charisma). Everything featuring Luke has an interesting appeal.

Reaction score
I have a rather small collection, but ended up with a focus of snowtrooper. It's a great character and art. Only thing being that it often yellows, and key pieces are locked up, which is an issue with most characters. But I would say there are some late ROTJ characters and Ewoks that is possible to build a crazy cool focus of, even today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I focus on stages more than pieces however, I wish I did it different. I was going for my figures all loose and ships, vehicles and playsets if they came up on a good deal. I was ignoring mailers for some strange reason and had them last on my focus. Mailers more than doubled since I started and with the exception of a few figures, they pretty much remained the same as far as price goes.

Reaction score
I decided on the first ever figure I had bought for me as a kid back in 1982, the mighty Zuckuss! :grin:

Reaction score
I have managed to hang onto my Jabba Focus minus the prototype head I had that really never did much for me, as well as the gamorrean guards. Only need the potf version to complete that set so it may be a while.

Reaction score
I focus on chewbacca, I didnt always, I collected anything and everything. I used the Sansweet/Tumbush book and picked things out that I liked, went to ebay and bought it when I could find it. It got to be way too much. So I thought which character was cool...well that would be chewbacca... Id say I have been pretty succussful in collecting and have found me going back to my roots and getting things that intrigue me again...

Reaction score
I have a rather small collection, but ended up with a focus of snowtrooper. It's a great character and art. Only thing being that it often yellows, and key pieces are locked up, which is an issue with most characters. But I would say there are some late ROTJ characters and Ewoks that is possible to build a crazy cool focus of, even today.
Got pics? I used to collect the snowtrooper

Reaction score
It's Jawas for me, i love the colour and the sculpt of the figure without the cape so i started out by army building naked Jawas. While hunting for them i started picking up country specific vintage items to display with the herd like a Regal jawa and a Palitoy cardback and before i knew it i was trying to complete cardback runs and looking for at least one vintage item from every country that had released something Jawa related.

Reaction score
For me it's anything Hoth with a micro focus on snowtroopers. If it's got a snowtrooper on it I have it or want it. Snowspeeders, AT-ATs, Wampas, Tauntauns, etc. If it's snow, its gold for me. I even dabble in buying custom snowys that other figure artists have designed. My most recent pick up was a carded all red snowy on a custom AT-AT cardback. Red skirt, the works on this guy. It's cliche I know, but Hoth and snowtroopers have always fascinated me from the beginning. Besides, wampas gotta eat 2.

Reaction score
I hear ya', I have a weakness for anything Hoth Imperial - Snowtroopers, AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Veers, E-WEB's, Probots, AT-AT Drivers, and especially like the "Hoth Speeder Patrol" set with the white Biker Scouts. The Titanium "Blizzard Force" speeder is also really cool. But over the years I fell in love with the Kashyyyk clones and anything camo.

Reaction score
I guess mine would be original Luke. I really love that figure and just can't get enough of them. Not only was it one of my faves as a kid (back and forth w/ Bespin Luke) but it was also the figure that got me back into collecting in 1995. I had just purchases the original trilogy on VHS and there was a small catalog that had a photo of Luke from inside Tomart's Action Figure book. It was a tiny photo but enough to bring back childhood memories.
Wt

Reaction score
I haven't really focused on anything in particular however , I love hoth which is completely strange . Born in Connecticut and left in my 20s to sunny hot florida. I hate the cold. Weird. Tatooine would be more like it, lol.

I did end up with a case focus by accident. I used to buy up lots to complete my collection and most of the time they came with cases. Now I have all the cases minus 1 vinyl case with Wampa on it.

Reaction score
I haven't really focused on anything in particular however , I love hoth which is completely strange . Born in Connecticut and left in my 20s to sunny hot florida. I hate the cold. Weird. Tatooine would be more like it, lol.

I did end up with a case focus by accident. I used to buy up lots to complete my collection and most of the time they came with cases. Now I have all the cases minus 1 vinyl case with Wampa on it.
Speaking of case focuses, I keep hoarding vader cases. I've got 7 of them and I swear at the rate I'm going I will build my next house out of them. hahaha. I do want to do something with them though. They're so cheap, but too expensive to ship so not worth selling on ebay or anything. I've always wanted to do a wall mosaic with them.

Reaction score
Don't really have a focus. I do tend to gravitate toward Hoth. I have all the playsets, vehicles and figures for Hoth. Lots of Snowtroopers, Rebels, Commanders and At At Drivers. I really wish Hasbro would add a different Rebel and another Snowtrooper to the Retro line. Maybe a twin pack or a new set with a couple figures like the VTC Jabba Palace.

Reaction score
Speaking of case focuses, I keep hoarding vader cases. I've got 7 of them and I swear at the rate I'm going I will build my next house out of them. hahaha. I do want to do something with them though. They're so cheap, but too expensive to ship so not worth selling on ebay or anything. I've always wanted to do a wall mosaic with them.
cheap may only depend on the case. The first vinyl star wars case isn't worth much or the yoda esb case. Now the first case that has the same art work but says empire strikes back is worth a lot. Same a return of the jedi. Both very rare and sell high. The empire case with yoda and wampa is the only one I'm missing. You don't have a spare one do you.

Reaction score
If you want to try something interesting, you could try and make guitars out of them. That seems like it would be interesting. A wall mosaic would be pretty cool!

Reaction score
I focused on Vader and Chief Chirpa. Vader because he was always my favorite character and chief chirpa because I kinda fell into it with some cool items and it snowballed.