Flash Speeder

Reaction score
I was reorganizing my collection last night and my son(who adores all things S.W.) and I found a forgotten about gem. The little mentioned Flash Speeder from the E1 line is really a great speeder. The cockpit area is a little maligned inside but its still fun to play with. Panaka and the royal security guards look great in a variety of positions in the vehicle. The projectile on my vehicle fires very well. Great play value. Those battle droids don't stand a chance! I realize that its a little out of scale but the fun factors override this in my opinion. Do any of you enjoy this vehicle too?

Reaction score
Re: Rediscovering the Flash Speeder.

This is one of the few vehicles I own, but I've been keeping my eye on a few on eBay lately. I would like to get some to add my collection. I saw one of these displayed at a friends house, and I was pretty impressed by it. It looks so cheap on the box it comes in, but in person it looks so much better.

Yak

Reaction score

It's a nice toy. I liked the 'Hot Wheels' style battle damage piece on the side. The speeder came up in a thread just last week about the Naboo Royal Security figure.

Reaction score

this is one of the..scratch that, the only vehicle I have not picked up in some form or another. I collect only the most recent updated version of vehicle or if it has a figure. (i.e. I got rid of my old TIE when the new remodeled one with a fig one came out, I have 2 A-wings because they have 2 different figs) but I never ever picked up a Flash speeder...I always planned to pick one up at clearance and never did...

Reaction score

They sat on shelves for weeks so I always said "I'll get one next week when I've got the money to spare... besides it'll always be there" so this I repeated week after week until I went back to finally get one and they were gone

Reaction score

I did the same thing, passed on it and passed on it. Kept thinking that I'd just pick it up "later" or when there wasn't anything else new coming out.

Finally went to pick it up and couldn't find it. Ended up trading a carded figure for one that a buddy picked up on sale somewhere. Glad that I did.

E...

GNT

Reaction score

It's an ok vehicle but I put mine in it's box. It really should have come with a pilot or something to keep it interesting,Hasbro has done worse.

Reaction score

The Flash Speeder is certainly one of my fave Episode 1 vehicles, and if you have one you've gotta buy a few Naboo Royal Security figs too!

Yak

Reaction score

Lets face it, it only got made cause it was reminiscent of Luke's original landspeeder. I mean a Bongo would of been just a TAD more interesting. Are you listening Hasbro... no, probably not

G

i just bought mine off of dnstoys.com i figured it would look good in my collection.it was only 10 bucks

Reaction score

Boy, I've got a bag of those Naboo Royal Security figures I've been using for custom fodder. They were from a friend of mine. She devorced her husband for buying star wars toys and not having a job at the time. He bought figures instead of paying the rent! She got the figures in the devorce and gave them to me.

[ 12-30-2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: phruby ]

j3h

Reaction score

Originally posted by phruby:
[QB...She devorced her husband for buying star wars toys and not having a job at the time. He bought figures instead of paying the rent! She got the figures in the devorce and gave them to me.
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">This just gave me quite the chuckle...If that's not a life lession, I don't know what is

Reaction score
Hey folks,

After never having bought a single thing from the Episode 1 line since it's inception back in 98/99, I just bought a MISB Flash Speeder from a local eBay seller for a great price!

How many of you guys out there own one of these little beauties? I think it's a fantastic little vehicle, nice features, & it's going to be the centerpiece for my wip TPM display. I'm going to load it up with my red / yellow Naboo soldiers, & I'm reserving the front seats for that new SA Theed battle Padme & Captain Panaka that Hasbro need to hurry up & get a move on with making!
Initially I was going to get a Naboo SF for my centerpiece, but I'm not keen on the existing version, & the Flash Speeder is a more practical choice for my setup.

Quick story behind this purchase - just browsing through this section the other day, & came across that link to the 'all things EP1' website. Awsome site btw! Scrolled through the Hasbro stuff, & came across this vehicle. I'd seen it before, but never really paid much attention to it. This time though, something clicked about it with me.. so I jumped on eBay, found one & bought it!

There you go, just thought I'd share my happy little collecting experience with y'all!

Reaction score
I never got this one, but I agree it's a great vehicle. Speeders always turn out cool.

Reaction score
I don't have any vehicles from any Star Wars line, but...my sons and nephews do.
So I get to see all these great ships and the Flash Speeder is one of the best vehicles they made back then. I'd love it if Hasbro redid some of these, larger scale (like the AT-AT & Falcon) with better paint apps. That would cool. Congrats on the speeder, it's a great addition.

Reaction score
Yeah thanks! It's pretty cool when you come across nice little pieces like this one, especially when they somehow slip under your radar so to speak for however long. It's like making a new discovery or something.

I should be getting it either tomorrow or the next day, I expect - can't wait!

Reaction score
Agreed - this is a great little ship. I too missed it for a long time, and when I did come across it I thought "That would be great as a base for a dilapidated OT-style vehicle." So I got my hands on one, and did a few tweaks:

Reaction score
The EP1 Flash Speeder is a very nice toy - it wasn't seen that much in the film (only a brief scene toward the end), but was a great vehicle nonetheless. I think this was one of the later EP1 toys to be released, and as such wasn't as easy to find as the initial wave of figures/vehicles that was released in early May '99 (before the release of the film).

Reaction score
Agreed - great custom Scorpio! It certainly has an OT vibe about it!

That being said - as is, the vehicle is reminiscent of something straight out of ANH anyway!

Actually what I'm digging too, is how some of these older pieces go together really nicely with the modern figures. For example, not that long ago I bought a MISB POTF2 detention block rescue playset & have my TLC Stormie Luke & Han, EB Chewie, & VOTC Leia set up with it - looks fantastic!

At one stage, I was also thiking about sourcing a POTJ Carbon Freezing Chamber playset. After a closer look I didn't think it was that great unfortunately..

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I just opened my Episode 1 Flash Speeder - I've had it in the box since '99 or 2000 (whenever it came out). Fantastic vehicle, and I liked the "battle damage". I liked all of the Episode 1 vehicles.

I'm not collecting any of the TFA 5 POA figures or any of the vehicles, so I'm getting nostalgic for all of my older SW toys...

Reaction score
That being said - as is, the vehicle is reminiscent of something straight out of ANH anyway!
Right. This Flash Speeder was based on the landspeeder that Luke had in his garage on Tattoine (ANH). It's not used in the film, but IIRC can briefly be seen in the background in at least one scene.

Reaction score
Great little speeder. I can't resist any airborne vehicles made by hasbro that aren't undersized or have smoked glass. Pretty lucky so far with speeders. Found this one for a pittance with the rear cannon missing. I have re-fitted it with a quad cannon from a vintage millenium falcon. Looks pretty deadly. I love it!

Reaction score
Two figures can fit in the front seat, but the back seat is too Close to the front seats for 2 figures to sit properly. You can have 1 figure sit across the whole backseat (sideways), though.

I like this speeder, but that backseat bothers me. I wish you could put four figures in it.

Reaction score
The ship has appeared in Rebels and is a fine toy for a group. Also, you can have someone on the pullout on back for the cannon.

Last edited: