First Order TIE Fighter Pilot Elite - Armor Up

GNT

Reaction score
Here's the latest First Order TIE Fighter Pilot Elite action figure that's part of the Armor Up line:

Picture from Amazon.

Anyone going to be picking up this figure?

Reaction score
I haven't really been follow these 5 POA - is this the only 3.75" offering of the Elite?

Reaction score
Ah.....helmet doesn't look removable. That makes my pack-in figure purchase still worth it. I don't display my pilots with their helmets off, but the removable buckets look more natural due to their size than the non-removable ones.

Reaction score
The packaging shows the hose and chest control box removed and placed on the front of the armor up piece. kind of a cool feature that makes it seem like an evac suit that the pilot might actually use when bailing out of a fighter in space, unlike most of the armor up junk.

Reaction score
My purchase of this heavily depends on whether or not I pick up the TRU Exclusive TIE. If I already have, not gonna buy it. Especially not an Armor Up. That said, I may end up caving for a few Armor figs.

Reaction score
I absolutely HAVE TO BUY THIS!!! Best looking Tie Pilot design i've ever seen in a figure. And the special designation red stripes on the front visor area combined with the quality of the details in the overall sculpt, PLUS the armor-up. I MUST HAVE IT! This would be my favorite of the whole figure line along with Hux from a quality point-of-view as far as overall paintwork, appearance, quality of sculpt and mystery factor to the eye.

Reaction score
Looks like a repack of the desert damage tie's pilot, def need as many of these as i can get!
This one is actually a repaint of the standard TIE Pilot from the TFA basic line. The one packed with the desert weathered TIE has a removable helmet, which is much bigger than the helmet on the standard pilot figure.

Reaction score
This one is actually a repaint of the standard TIE Pilot from the TFA basic line.

Yes, i just checked now. The only different things over the standard base card series is the red stripes on his visor and the two blue led-lights on his chest, other than that everything else looks the same. But the fact that it is a repaint makes it desirable from a collectors point-of-view, and the fact that it comes with armor-up is another unique factor for this particular figure, so by-and-large i'll be buying this. A metallic silver Tie Pilot would look awesome, probably wont ever see one though.

Reaction score
But the fact that it is a repaint makes it desirable from a collectors point-of-view
Since when are figure repaints "more desirable" to collectors? We would have 30 of every figure made.
Repaints are a dime a dozen in Star Wars toys and figures. I mean, aside from the BMF and the TFA Falcon, they've all pretty much been repaints of the vintage Falcon. Give me a cool and unique figure over a repaints of one I already have any day.

Having said that, in instances such as this, I will buy both the standard TIE and the Elite.

Reaction score
This one is actually a repaint of the standard TIE Pilot from the TFA basic line. The one packed with the desert weathered TIE has a removable helmet, which is much bigger than the helmet on the standard pilot figure.

Yeah it is. And thats a shame since the pack-in version is way better. This version has the awful shrunken head, the helmet is way too small. Hasbro gets the heads/helmets too small a lot.

Reaction score
BBTS.com has it being released sometime this month but I'm guessing sometime in February... hopefully within the first 2 weeks.

Reaction score
He has more detail than the pilots that came with the Tie. Also, better than the last tie pilot released.
The only issue is will he fit in the tie? The other stand-along tie couldn't fit. Even Poe Dameron/Finn couldn't fit either. Can't even reproduce the escape scene with these toys.

Reaction score
I saw this in the store the other day. And I will go on the record that I have very little interest in buying a 5 POA figure with a large armor accessory (an accessory that's the exclusive creation of the toy manufacturer, BTW) for $13 to $15.

To date, I've only bought TWO of the figures in the armor up assortment. Not for lack of opportunity to buy them, but because the price point is so high for what you get. And my purchases were Poe Dameron in his Resistance Uniform and the unhooded Kylo Ren. As for the rest?
-Stormtrooper in Green forest armor that they never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Chewbacca in Green forest armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Flametrooper with Red Flame pack that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Finn in Snow Armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Luke Skywalker in Desert gear that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Boba Fett in Desert armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Finn in missile launching Stormtrooper armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS

Do get the theme here? Deluxe figures in the Star Wars line used to give you something cool. Does anyone else remember the Deluxe figure offerings of the POTJ line? Or the Saga Line? Those figures had on screen accessories that were interesting and had screen time. Those offerings immersed you in the Star Wars world. These Armor Up deluxe figures seem more like some hairbrained attempt at a value added afterthought that sells for double the price of basic figures.

Reaction score
I saw this in the store the other day. And I will go on the record that I have very little interest in buying a 5 POA figure with a large armor accessory (an accessory that's the exclusive creation of the toy manufacturer, BTW) for $13 to $15.

To date, I've only bought TWO of the figures in the armor up assortment. Not for lack of opportunity to buy them, but because the price point is so high for what you get. And my purchases were Poe Dameron in his Resistance Uniform and the unhooded Kylo Ren. As for the rest?
-Stormtrooper in Green forest armor that they never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Chewbacca in Green forest armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Flametrooper with Red Flame pack that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Finn in Snow Armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Luke Skywalker in Desert gear that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Boba Fett in Desert armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS
-Finn in missile launching Stormtrooper armor that he never wears on screen? RIDICULOUS

Do get the theme here? Deluxe figures in the Star Wars line used to give you something cool. Does anyone else remember the Deluxe figure offerings of the POTJ line? Or the Saga Line? Those figures had on screen accessories that were interesting and had screen time. Those offerings immersed you in the Star Wars world. These Armor Up deluxe figures seem more like some hairbrained attempt at a value added afterthought that sells for double the price of basic figures.
Despite the armor up piece the Chewbacca is a great figure IMO.

I only bought the Poe in Resistance Gear, unhooded Kylo Ren and Chewbacca armor ups.

Also bought Luke Skywalker one to keep boxed as Luke is my favorite character. The figure is also pretty nice I reckon. The armor up piece is the best out of all the armor up pieces. It actually reminds me of the deleted scene sandstorm gear a little.

The rest of the armor ups I don't really care for though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I skip on all the Armor Ups, save for the 2 I've bought, Chewbacca and unhooded Kylo.
I definitely want the Resistance Poe Armor Up. And this Elite TIE Pilot might make me buy a fourth figure (as opposed to getting both TIE Fighters, which still might happen). Other than for character variations' sake, I have no interest in the Armor Up figures.

Reaction score
I'm still wrestling with a $13 price tag for two red stripes down the face. Errrrrrgg

Reaction score
I'm not so much wrestling with the price tag as much as I am debating on whether to buy this or the TRU Exclusive TIE that includes it.
If TRU ever had decent sales, I might jump on that.

Reaction score
Can anyone (who has seen the film enough) answer which TIE pilot gets the most screen time? Was it the Special Forces (with the red striped helmet)? Or the standard black helmet pilot?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Can anyone (who has seen the film enough) answer which TIE pilot gets the most screen time? Was it the Special Forces (with the red striped helmet)? Or the standard black helmet pilot?

Thanks!

Hmmmm, that's a good question. Because they're both featured prominently in the Jakku chase with the Falcon.
But in my head, I remember seeing the Elite one more. Almost like they made a point to say, "Look at this one, its subtly different!"

I'll have to download one of the crappy cam rips to reevaluate.

Reaction score
I bought this guy at my local Bargain Hunt store for $3.60. His box was crushed all to hell, his gun was missing, and the armor shows some visible damage, but the figure is in perfect condition. I was fine with him at the price, sinc eI wanted another Elite FO Pilot to co-pilot my TRU TIE Fighter.