First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Mini Bust - Premier Guild Exclusive

Reaction score
1598931052390.png
Intended as an exclusive for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim:

First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Mini Bust - $200.00 (Gentle Giant Ltd. Premier Guild Exclusive)

Coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
$200 for the Deluxe FO Stormtrooper?? Is it all of them rolled into one, or is it just because of the shield?? What exactly makes it deluxe?

Reaction score
Historically deluxe busts have different arms and accessories for different display options, so my guess is that it has different arm options with different weapons. I doubt it will have the different shoulder colors since gg has never done a deluxe with them.

Reaction score
I'm a pretty patient and understanding guy with pricing and all this, but this one doesn't seem right... first, we've already got a First Order Stormtrooper. Sure, there's a version here with an orange pauldron, but considering most of the first round came out yellow and we still paid full price, $200 for an alternate take on that with some extra arms that are going to sit in the box doesn't sound like a good deal or use of time and resources.

Alternatively, one deluxe one for $200 and two more alternate versions at $120 each... one of which is the same plane FO Stormtrooper we got last round but re-done, is even more of a head scratcher. It feels like they're really daring the collect-them-all guys like me to end that habit.

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, this pricing is weird, $200 is insane for a bust.

Not to mention...they chose the wrong troop builder for this idea, OT Stormies and clones sell, not First Order stormtroopers. Poor Sideshow is still trying to get rid of Hot Toys Stormtroopers from The Force Awakens in 2015.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Breaking the three First Order Stormtrooper Mini Busts into three separate threads since they are all different. This Deluxe one will be a Premier Guild Exclusive now.

Reaction score
Curious what the 4th version in the header image is about, with the black pauldron and holding the blaster with both hands?
My guess is the deluxe will have 2 Pauldrons, 2 right arms, a large and small blaster, 2 left arms, a left fist/hand and shield to make all possible configurations. The only way it might be worth $200, or less after coupon.

Reaction score
This was fine back in the day when the PT clones and Sandtroopers were released. The price in those days was lower and to me they were more interesting characters. These FO troopers are lazy releases, including the gorilla one disgruntledjawa pointed out. Do DST/GG remember at all what we celebrate this year? Shouldn't something related to TESB be more appropriate for Celebration? So far I only have two mini busts to acquire in the foreseeable future: McQuarrie/Johnston Fett and Bespin Luke next year. I'd love to buy more mini busts, but no love for previous trilogies. That's all I'll say. I know I'm a very unwelcome member with strong opinions.

Reaction score
I know I’m only echoing what everyone else has said but for the sake of product feedback- I already have the previous two first order troopers and I won’t be buying any of these ones. I would however have bought a new deluxe Stormtrooper bust.

Reaction score
For the fans of the Sequel Trilogy and GG, this could be quite an expensive proposition.

Reaction score
Sorry but no deluxe features, justifies 200 for a mini bust imho...nonono! 😞

when there were a second body, to built up two troopers, that would be cool and fair!

Reaction score
Very close version from the Fn-2199 bust already done. It's an eassy pass for me. There are a lot of new sequel minibusts that can be done instead repeated characters with new positions...

Reaction score
I like the idea but we've already had 2 First Order Trooper busts, these troopers don't sell like OT Troopers or Clones and its almost a year since the last movie. I think new sculpts of OT Stormies or Clones would be better received.

Pass. I do think these promo pics look better then the promo pics released by StarWars.com a few weeks back.

Reaction score
I'm a little confused... if i wanted to display what looks like all 4 options for all of the various stuff they showed today, I'd need to order:

1 Regular Stormtrooper
1 Officer (Orange Pauldron)
2 Deluxe - for the one with the Shield, and the one with the Black Pauldron

Does that sound right? Is the orange pauldron one in the deluxe set the same as the regular release of the orange pauldron'd one?

Reaction score
Looking at it, for $200 ($180 with PGM), you get one trooper bust, with 8 different arms. Basically you'd get red pauldron, black pauldron, blaster and shield.

Or for $120 ($108 with PGM) you get a trooper with the orange red pauldron. Or the other trooper with comes with the blaster and shield. These are two separate trooper orders though.

What I don't like is for 180, you get one bust with 4 different poses. I can still only display one bust. I could pay 216 (36 more) and get two busts and display 2 of the possible 4 poses.

But, not sure I'll get any or not. Got one with a shield and one with a blaster. Maybe the pauldron one if any...

Reaction score
At the moment I basically ordered one of each set. With the PGM discounts and the $35 I had in rewards, plus $8 to ship and no tax, it made it $360 for all 3, which isn't terrible.

But, I'm moderately unhappy that I can seemingly only get 3 of the four troops displayed without buying a second deluxe set. I'm thinking I just skip the one with the shield, and let my other one with the shield suffice there.

Reaction score
If they wanted to do a sequel trooper minibust, the good choice would be a Jet Trooper... But this 3 minibusts are very close to the other first orders stormtroopers minibusts released in the pass...

Attachments

Reaction score
Yep, those are the two I already have, so I may get the pauldron one and call it a day...After all these busts coming in, I don't have near as many on pre-order, so always good to fill that bucket back up :p

Reaction score
Glad I read this thread. Almost ordered the deluxe thinking it was three different busts, since it has "set" in the description. And here I thought it was a great deal. 3 busts for $180! If I didn't have the other FO trooper busts, I would have got them.

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but I got an email saying I have 120 reward points? Any links that explain where I find a running balance, how I can redeem them, what I can redeem them for, etc?

Reaction score
Go to gentle giants site and click the blue icon in the bottom left corner.....should see current and history as well.