First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter & FO TIE Pilot (Walmart)

Reaction score
That's their standard reply for store exclusives. Their reps don't really go out of the norm. I complained that my 40th Vader does face plants cause his ankle joints were too loose for him to stand. Their response: He comes with a display stand for him to stand on. I responded to them that I felt very insulted and that the person responding wasn't taking me seriously as the issue is he won't stand cause his ankle is loose making him topple over and that the stand will do nothing to fix that problem and the fact that they should be able to stand unassisted.

Reaction score
1.) return to the store and exchange for similar product and hope that they panels are not as warped
2.) return to Hasbro and they will either refund my money or ship me a product of equal value
I do get the desire of having a piece that is really desired.

But you need to decide if the frustration is worth the half product you paid in full for.

Seriously, take option 2 for another type of exclusive, and then get this again on clearance and fix it then.

That's my view.

Alternative, get the wings 3D scanned, readjusted on PC, then reprinted and painted, but it will cost a lot.

Really sorry about it.

Reaction score
I'm going to try and straighten them as best as possible but not sure if it will work. was thinking of using a blow dryer on low heat to see if I can unwarp the solar panels. going to be calling Hasbro today and complain.
Could be worth a try. Not sure hot water would work enough to get the harder PVC to that pliable point. Maybe in a stainless steel laundry sink with a flat bottom, you could let it cook for a while. Then if that didn't work, at least it would be up to temperature to apply some heat via a heat gun or hair dryer to break it's back so to speak.

Reaction score
I don't have my TFA one anymore, but can someone take pictures of the inside face of the wings? I remember looking at mine before and thinking that it was warping because of the way the frame was attached to the wings, but can't remember exactly. I thought the wings were separate pieces and I think it's warping because of how it's being put together in the factory which is why some are fine and some are warped.

Reaction score
Count me in the boat of lucky ones. Never had any warping issues with either the TFA X Wing or TIE Fighter. The pic posted was horrifically bad and definitely Hasbro needs to just send the poster a replacement.

Reaction score
Not sure if these are the perspectives you're after. This particular item has straight wings that are perfectly fine btw. Not sure that helps.

Reaction score
Anyone that has this already could you post the UPC number, please?

Corman

Reaction score
Not sure if these are the perspectives you're after. This particular item has straight wings that are perfectly fine btw. Not sure that helps.

That's what I was after. Those silver circles in around the inside of the hub, are those screws? If someone has a warped one, have you tried removing those screws? I have a feeling misalignment of this part is causing stress on the wings causing it to warp. Maybe if the screws were loosened slightly, it might rebound back to being straight. Mine weren't warped so I never tried, but I remembered looking at it when I had it and thinking that the design of the multiple pieces going together might cause the warpage if the holes were not aligned perfectly.

Reaction score
Yeah, so to the person who posted the original pics of their TLJ Tie Fighter with warped wings, might want to try that and see if it relieves the stress.

Reaction score
took apart the solar panels of the TIE Fighter last night so we'll see if the plastic will unwarp a little. haven't tried using a blow dryer yet or soaking them in a hot water bath. wings are still warped from being screwed in.

Reaction score
Hope it works. I honestly think the warpage is due to so many parts screwed together and depending on how aligned the screws are will dictate warpage.

It might not straighten out on its own after unscrewing though. However, if my theory is right, heat might straighten it. However, the stress may warp it again if you screw it back. Maybe don't make it as tight.

Reaction score
Just by looking at the pictures of this vs. the 2015 non-exclusive release, I see no difference in the TIE Pilot at all. It is the exact same figure.

Reaction score
Just by looking at the pictures of this vs. the 2015 non-exclusive release, I see no difference in the TIE Pilot at all. It is the exact same figure.
Same figure.. just now has Force link tech chip inside with various phrases and blaster sounds

Reaction score
Hope it works. I honestly think the warpage is due to so many parts screwed together and depending on how aligned the screws are will dictate warpage.

It might not straighten out on its own after unscrewing though. However, if my theory is right, heat might straighten it. However, the stress may warp it again if you screw it back. Maybe don't make it as tight.
As plausible as that theory sounds, I'm not sure that is what is causing the crooked wings. I have another theory about this product sitting in shipping containers in a record heatwave in open sun. Inside a shipping container you are probably looking at temperatures that could pasturise a mug of raw milk in 3 and a half minutes.

Being in the southern hemisphere, Force Friday 1 had it's freight recieved in winter. Hence the straight wings. Just a theory.

I recall recieving my Legacy TIE with the red viewport from Hong Kong some years ago. I opened it to find the canopy lid so badly mishappen that it was practically folded lime half an orange that had been well squeezed. Thankfully hot water fixed that, but harder plastic obviously takes a little more heat to break it down. The POTF Skyhopper I got from France MISB, opened to find it's dorsal wing bent like a banana. That older less pliable plastic needed some real heat radiated through it to get it to move.

I recently had an issue with Hera's a-wing. The "ears" on the canopy did not sit flush when closed. About 30 seconds on a hot steam iron wrapped in a chuck super wipe and you feel the plastic just give in so you can have your way with it. That kind of plastic can hold boiling hot water, so it takes a little extra.

Reaction score
I just posted pics on Twitter and tagged Hasbro in the tweets and plan on blasting this for awhile... hopefully something good will come of it. perhaps Hasbro will answer back and correct the cheap plastic that they are using and go back to a better/more sturdier plastic like the original TIE's from the Kenner/earlier Hasbro days.
The warping is ridiculous. Sorry this happened to you. We have shared this madness via the Yakface Facebook page.

Reaction score
Okay, so I spotted five of these at the local Wally this afternoon and with the aid of my trusty house key, I popped one of them open for a quick looksie.

On a scale of one to ten = perfect, with the original warped TFA version being a "five"; this Force Link version example was about a 7.5 to 8. Both wings had a noticeable corner bend in one corner, but the other three corners looked acceptable.

Sorry, no pics.

Reaction score
Hard to believe that the warped wings are still a problem two years later. Ah well, these showed up at my store last night and I was considering getting one (because my TFA version's wings won't even stay locked in place anymore); but I will go ahead and pass on it. It sucks because I really do like this ship's design, but I'm not paying premium prices for yet another substandard toy from Hasbro.

Reaction score
any deco difference in the pilot figure? (not counting the force link chip addition/logo on foot)

Reaction score
I solved the problem and bought the biggest one from Revell. It's not the same scale as 3.75" pilots figures, but once painted and weathered nicely it will do a great display piece.

Reaction score
I so love the design of this era of TIE fighter but The warping issue is completely stupid on HASBRO's part. There is pure gold at the end of this rainbow if they can get the quality control issues figured out. We ALL want amodern era TIE fighter constructed with quality materials- I would fleet build if not for the warp issue and I bet that many of us would pick up multiples. No wonder why retailers like TRU are bankrupt. They are only as good as the quality and reputation of the merchandise they have to offer

Reaction score
I so love the design of this era of TIE fighter but The warping issue is completely stupid on HASBRO's part. There is pure gold at the end of this rainbow if they can get the quality control issues figured out. We ALL want amodern era TIE fighter constructed with quality materials- I would fleet build if not for the warp issue and I bet that many of us would pick up multiples. No wonder why retailers like TRU are bankrupt. They are only as good as the quality and reputation of the merchandise they have to offer
I would buy atleast a squadron worth (12 each) of the TFA TIE Fighter and both X-Wing's if they didn't have these warping issues, and weren't so under scaled. I don't like the TIE Pilots sitting side by side rather than back to back, or how small the X-Wing is.

Reaction score
I don't know why Hasbro won't fix this kind of crap... even as a kid, warped TIE wings would have made me mad.

Reaction score
Great White Shark capitol of the United States
I don't know why Hasbro won't fix this kind of crap... even as a kid, warped TIE wings would have made me mad.
Totally agree with you. I have 3 teenage boys who still adore our Star Wars collection but when they were young if a weapon was made from shoddy bendy plastic they would demand that it be bent back into shape!!!!

Reaction score
I would buy atleast a squadron worth (12 each) of the TFA TIE Fighter and both X-Wing's if they didn't have these warping issues, and weren't so under scaled. I don't like the TIE Pilots sitting side by side rather than back to back, or how small the X-Wing is.
It is kind of a shame because articulated figures may have worked. If I had a lemon with bent wings, I'd be tempted to make lemonade with a dremel and a hot knife. As it is I can accept it as it looks great on the exterior. The interior could be just some reconnaissance fighter cockpit configuration in my mind.

Reaction score
I bought 2 this morning and brought them both back. All 4 wings were bent as bad as the prior release. In the other thread, someone suggested loosening the screws on the wing to see if that affected the panels, but wen I tried, I was unable to do so because the screws are neither Philips nor flat head. I'll just wait for them to hit clearance.

Reaction score
I saw this in a couple of WM stores over the past few days. I don't get a sense that there's anything new or notable about this vehicle, so I'm going to pass on this for the time being.

Reaction score
While I get the motive behind this release, it still nonetheless is pointless. If they wanted a reissued ship, why not provide a blue said swing from rogue 1. That is something more people wanted to buy than this rehash. Even though not from TLJ, it'd be more reason to be an exclusive just like the upcoming target Roth 3pk. Personally, I wouldn't have cared if they resurrected the old potf2 mold, but they'd need to include Merrick figure for sure

Reaction score
These are finally dropping in price. $19, what do you think, worth it?
Just be aware that many people have reported warped wing panels on this release. Though, I think dipping them in hot water and straightening them out would do the trick. I may pick one up if I see it for $20 or under. It's good to have at least 1 I think.

Reaction score
Picked up two of these at my local Wal-Mart for $9 each. At the very least I can donate them to Toys for Tots if I decide not to keep one.

Reaction score
I picked one up for $9 at my Walmart yesterday. They had a quite a few.

Reaction score
friend of mine scored me a FO TIE Fighter on clearance for $5.00 at his local Walmart in FL. So I customized it into a battle damaged TIE Fighter shot down over Takodana