First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter & FO TIE Pilot (Walmart)

GNT

Reaction score
Walmart will be releasing a First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter & Figure from the Last Jedi. It will have electronics.

Thoughts on this item?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would have preferred the other First Order TIE w/electronics. Anyways, I hope that's not an old stock photo. The warped wing isn't promising.

Reaction score
Would have preferred the other First Order TIE w/electronics. Anyways, I hope that's not an old stock photo. The warped wing isn't promising.
This is a screenshot from a video on youtube showing the F.O. TIE box.

As you can see this toy also has the 'force-link' gimmick too.

Whether or not it is the same 2015 TIE mold with warpy wings (with the added gimmicky electronics) remains a mystery for now ...

Reaction score
My toys r us Desert battle worn version wings are still holding up two years on. Hopefully they've used the same wings on this one.

Reaction score
Whats the deal with this set? Is this a new and unique figure?

Reaction score
Looks like this set is now available on Walmart.com with store Pickup as an option for anyone interested. I was sort of interested in grabbing one, but was hoping someone else would review it first so I could see if the quality is better this time around.

Reaction score
Looks like this set is now available on Walmart.com with store Pickup as an option for anyone interested. I was sort of interested in grabbing one, but was hoping someone else would review it first so I could see if the quality is better this time around.
That is what I'm waiting on. Been checking the local stores and they've yet to put out anything for TLJ. I really hope they fixed the wings

Reaction score
It's the same mold from 2015 with electronics added to the ship. Lets hope they don't come with warped wings this time round.

I wish Hasbro would release the regular First Order TIE Fighter as well as this Special Forces one.

Reaction score
I'm a bit miffed that this is NOT a S/F Tie pilot. To me, that's like General Veers and an AT-AT driver trading places. :p

Reaction score
I wish Hasbro would release the regular First Order TIE Fighter as well as this Special Forces one.
You and me both, I hope maybe they release it between now and episode 9.

I'm a bit miffed that this is NOT a S/F Tie pilot. To me, that's like General Veers and an AT-AT driver trading places. :p
That was the only good thing about the TFA TRU release of this was getting the Special Forces TIE Pilot. I'm still holding out hope that Hasbro will eventually release a SA FO TIE Pilot in the TVC line.

Reaction score
I'd welcome it too, but it's just not high on my priority list. To be honest, we haven't had any good TIE pilot 'in the flesh' incarnations aside from Iden Versio recently (she's high on my want list.....no, I mean my wife is an avid Sleepy Hollow fan). :D

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro makes a Inferno Squad set, 5POA or SA. I don't care, I'll gladly buy either one. We need Commander Versio. lol maybe start a wheres Iden thing like they did for Rey.

Reaction score
We already got the Spec Forces Tie twice(TRU Jakku and regular release), would've liked to have the standard FO Tie.

Reaction score
I should have this in hand by tomorrow afternoon. :D a friend found one for me on the shelves at his Walmart in Freehold so he grabbed it for me.

Reaction score
Still trying to check it all out but the TIE still has the same warped/wobbly wings. Cool sounds effects though.. classic TIE scream, power up and classic laser cannon sounds. Pilot has 4 phrases:
Awaiting Orders
Get to the Hanger
Resistance fighters incoming
I'm hit...ugh
Blast 'em

Blaster firing sounds when you move the figures

Reaction score
Still trying to check it all out but the TIE still has the same warped/wobbly wings.
That, is a shame.
Unfortunately it's not that surprising, and guarantees I will not be purchasing it. All I want is a TIE with straight wings. Why is this, all of a sudden, too difficult for Hasbro to do?

Reaction score
That, is a shame.
Unfortunately it's not that surprising, and guarantees I will not be purchasing it. All I want is a TIE with straight wings. Why is this, all of a sudden, too difficult for Hasbro to do?
I honestly think quality control is not even on the agenda at Hasbro anymore. Hell, it hasn't been for some time. I guess people can call Hasbro customer service and try to get straight, not warped wings. I did this for Poe's Black Leader X-Wing to replace the four warped cannons and they sent me four perfectly straight ones which was a relief. But I mean, this shouldn't even be something you have to do, considering how much these toys cost. Especially with the out of the box quality and how smaller they are compared to what was released just five years ago.

Reaction score
as promised... the new FO TIE-BENT (lol) TIE Fighter:

the warp is strong with this one

it's funny too.. I had this sitting next to my original Kenner mold TIE Fighter and Saga TIE Bomber ad the wings on the FO TIE are so warped and wobbly that they popped off and knocked into the other TIE's. and the Kenner Mold TIE held up without losing it's solar panels.

I may try contacting Hasbro direct and seeing if they can send out a set of replacement solar panels as this is just completely unacceptable.

Reaction score
Wowzers, that is bad. Like King_Goji said, all of the sudden making plastic toys out of rigid plastic has become a great difficulty for them.

Reaction score
Wowzers, that is bad. Like King_Goji said, all of the sudden making plastic toys out of rigid plastic has become a great difficulty for them.
I'm beyond disappointed with the condition of the wings and loose spring feature... and it's a cool design and toy and the fact that we finally have the classic TIE Fighter screaming sounds and laser cannons make it that much more bittersweet... I think I would have preferred if Hasbro just worked on the strength of the plastic for the wings instead of rushing to get this out with the new Forcelink tech

Reaction score
My original TFA one wasn't that warped, although one wing tended to keep popping off on it's own, even when just sitting on my shelf.

Reaction score
Yeah, YIKES!
That new one is way worse than even my TFA version.
I was really hoping that, with as good as my TIE Striker's wings are, that they had learned their lesson, and this release would be better.

Oh Hasbro you make fools of us all...

Reaction score
I don't have my TFA one anymore, but were the panels assembled with screws? I can't remember if it was or not, but if it was, then I wonder is that what's causing the warpage.

Reaction score
I no longer have a Tie Fighter from any era represented in my collection.....lost everything 2 years ago so i been strting over....anyhow, i was holding out hope that this bad boy would be the model that filled that gap for a while. But, wow.......yikes....egads even! Does the POTF2 Tie sell for a decent price these days? Lol

Reaction score
I just posted pics on Twitter and tagged Hasbro in the tweets and plan on blasting this for awhile... hopefully something good will come of it. perhaps Hasbro will answer back and correct the cheap plastic that they are using and go back to a better/more sturdier plastic like the original TIE's from the Kenner/earlier Hasbro days.

Reaction score
Maybe Star Wars needs help from Star Trek in improving their structural integrity fields (SIF). :p ***logs off and runs away***

Reaction score
so warpy wobbly wings aside, how is the figure? Any difference than any TFA release like different markings, helmet designs, etc.

Reaction score
Wow. I got no words after seeing those pics. Totally speechless here. Gotta believe the cannons on Poe's Boosted X-Wing are going to be all bent out of shape as well. 2 years to fix this **** and nothing.

Reaction score
Man I really lucked out with my purchase from 2015. The wings are perfectly straight and have been disconnected from the ship, stored leaning over during the hottest summer in living memory. Still fine!

Reaction score
I'm going to try and straighten them as best as possible but not sure if it will work. was thinking of using a blow dryer on low heat to see if I can unwarp the solar panels. going to be calling Hasbro today and complain.

Reaction score
That's almost identical to how the wings looked on the TFA one I bought 2 years ago, and then immediately took back. How disappointing. I love the design of this Tie and would have loved to get this if the quality issues were fixed...

Reaction score
absolutely zero help from Hasbro. they came that since this is a store exclusive they don't have replacement parts.. my only options are to either:

1.) return to the store and exchange for similar product and hope that they panels are not as warped
2.) return to Hasbro and they will either refund my money or ship me a product of equal value

I tried to explain that this is the same mold as the TFA TIE Fighter and if they could just ship me the replacement wings for it but the representative said they cannot do that. UGH. I told her she should notify the SW Design team of the shoddy plastic that the factory is using and tell them that many more people are going to complain.. not sure if she will relay the message but it's worth a shot.

I'm still thinking about using a blow dryer on it to see if I can somewhat unwarp the panels enough to make it look a little better as I do love the design of the ship. if not then I might try customizing the wings to make a battle damaged TIE or recreate the look of the TIE when it crashed into Jakku