First Order Snowspeeder with First Order Snowtrooper Officer

Reaction score
$20 for this or the Jakku speeder is about what it's worth. This ship first came out around the 45 Euro range before Christmas, with some stores selling it for 35. The store that had it for 45 didn't sell too many of them and then Hasbro jacked the Price for this vehicle Class and now those ships that didn't sell before Christmas are going for 50 Euros now.

Reaction score
I thought about getting it for awhile but there was no way I was paying $30+ with Tax for this as the box is so light. A few days ago he had it for $23 shipped and I still held off but $19.95 shipped was too good to pass up. I paid $23 for the Snowspeeder which is really nice but I never would have paid full price for that either. A few years ago I would have supported the line by paying full price without even batting an eyelash. Now that Hasbro makes mostly garbage 5POA figures and vehicles are less than stellar vehicles I am looking for a deal. The only vehicle I paid full retail on in TFA's line is Rey's Speeder. I bought the Tie for $32 shipped and Poes horrible Blue fighter for $32.

Reaction score
Although using them in a freezing snow environment makes little sense, I have really come around on the design of these.

Agree with everyone that it is overpriced and could do with some paintwork to cover the cheap plastic look but all in all looks like a fun toy.
Personally, I feel the plastic looks fine in person. It has a slight metallic sheen to it that looks appropriate for what it is, and the shade of grey is pretty good too. Plastic feels fine as well, no better or worse than anything from the older lines (unlike the TFA X-Wing's plastic, which is noticeably thin and malleable). The sculpt is really ace though, very accurate to the design works, right down to the detail of the various boxes and panels along the sides.

I really like the look of this vehicle, but for me it doesn't work as a snow vehicle at all. And there is no way on earth its worth $30, that's just absurd.

It reminds me a bit of a Kenner Mini Rig, or an Imperial version of the Landspeeder. I could see it in a sand or green environment, but not snow. It doesn't even have a windscreen for Pete's sake.

I'm not buying one, but if I spotted one at a yard sale in a few years I would bite.
For me, I don't get too caught up in the "snow" designation. I just treat it as a general purpose military speeder that happened to be used in a snow environment. I think this comparison has been brought up before in the thread, but it really does kinda echo the same role as the classic military jeep. Used in all sorts of environments, few comforts (including a lack of windscreen on some models, snowtroopers at least have the benefit of an enclosed helmet :grin:), few armaments, limited seating, but a bit of cargo space.

On top of such a useful vehicle, you get a pretty cool trooper too! ;)

Yeah Amazon has it for 23 and I'm still reluctant. Especially since I have the excellent diecast one. One could argue that the figure is worth 8(lol), making the vehicle 15. But it doesn't have much going for it.
As low as $17-$18 depending on the available warehouse deals!

Reaction score
just picked up one of these this afternoon from Walmart. with the threat of a good snowstorm for NJ this Saturday into Sunday I'm getting ready to build up a small Starkiller base diorama. going to be using my new snowspeeder, falcon (thinking of seeing if the radar dish from the TFA Falcon will fit on the BMF Falcon), 2 of my FO TIE Fighters, about 6-10 FO Snowtroopers and of course regular Stormtrooper, Phasma, Kylo Ren, General Hux and the Black Series Rey and Finn and as a small diorama base display I'm going to use the old Vintage Kenner Imperial Attack Base.

Reaction score
Even though I have little interest in most of the TFA toys, I'm still considering getting this Snowspeeder - but haven't seen this in stores yet. I guess it's either short-packed or sells out quickly. I may get it online, if I can get it for a good price. I agree it's not worth $30...

What's interesting is that this vehicle has screamed "EU" to me ever since I first saw this; it definitely looks like something that would have been in one of the old Marvel SW comics or maybe even an EU vehicle that Hasbro would have made back in the '90's. I guess this is one of the reasons I like this so much...it looks so different from the other TFA vehicles...

Reaction score
Even though I have little interest in most of the TFA toys, I'm still considering getting this Snowspeeder - but haven't seen this in stores yet. I guess it's either short-packed or sells out quickly. I may get it online, if I can get it for a good price. I agree it's not worth $30...

What's interesting is that this vehicle has screamed "EU" to me ever since I first saw this; it definitely looks like something that would have been in one of the old Marvel SW comics or maybe even an EU vehicle that Hasbro would have made back in the '90's. I guess this is one of the reasons I like this so much...it looks so different from the other TFA vehicles...
I think it sells out quickly due to the exclusive Snowtrooper Officer figure included with it.

Reaction score
Plus it was in the movie for a second sitting still...

We got the boy one for xmas and he loves it. We looked hard for a snowtrooper to go with the commander but didn't find one til after xmas.

It's a cool toy. Very detailed.

Reaction score
I believe it was mentioned that there is a deleted scene where Finn and Rey take one on a chase.

Finally picked it up today. I quite like it. Just need to get a snowtrooper.
I wonder if the movie release on disc will ignite interest in this vehicle? Sounds exciting in a chase, but the toy is kinda ho-hum. I like it, but even though the spring cannon shoots, it doesn't make for much. Might've been better if they'd left the cargo area (I'm assuming, in front) empty, so you could fill it with figures or containers.

Reaction score
Here's what I did with mine. Didn't like the fact that the gunner is able to just stand upright in a vehicle like this. Has no protection either. I made it more like a place for someone lying down to shoot. The one thing I find annoying with this is there is so much room, but yet not enough room to put a 3rd person in the cockpit.

Reaction score
Here's what I did with mine. Didn't like the fact that the gunner is able to just stand upright in a vehicle like this. Has no protection either. I made it more like a place for someone lying down to shoot. The one thing I find annoying with this is there is so much room, but yet not enough room to put a 3rd person in the cockpit.

These shots look AWESOME. I love the concept of the speeder being used with the scout troopers. great idea. now I think I want to find a 3rd speeder so I can make perhaps an Endor version of this using the classic brown, tan and black paint scheme from the Speeder bikes, or use the Hoth Scout Troopers from the 2 pack with this and have it as an extra background vehicle at the battle of Hoth.

Reaction score

That looks really cool, and great use of that big blaster! If the cargo area were clear, you might be able to have a guy kneeling in front with two riding in the seats. Now I just wish Hasbro would make a 3 3/4" Snowtrooper with knees & elbows.

Reaction score
Great pics.! With the scoutroopers in this Snowspeeder vehicle, this looks even more like the OT EU vehicle that I envisioned after first seeing this. In fact, it looks like a vehicle that would have been used in artwork on the cover - or interior - of those old West End Games books/adventures.

I already have one on order, and may get another one if I see this in stores. Again, this is quite HTF @ retail.

Reaction score
it's actually really cool and perhaps one of my favorites from the new vehicles.
Yeah, it looks kinda fun. But I think I'll keep an eye out for a sale. I still see all the vehicles among all the different stores I go to so I'm not too worried about missing this thing. If I can snag this thing for $20...that's a price I can hang with.

Reaction score
Good luck finding this Snowspeeder. I've only seen this vehicle @ retail once.

Reaction score
I think $30 is too much for this. It's a fun vehicle and all, but the Price Needs to be right. $20 with the figure is fair enough. To me the vehicle itself is worth about $15. It's not bad, but the size and the feel of it can not compete with vehciles that came out just a few years ago.

Reaction score
I think every vehicle needs to come down $10. I wanted to get the TIE this weekend but couldn't do it. At $30, I would have pulled the trigger.

Reaction score
I actually just bought my 3rd one this morning on the way to work at Walmart. rang up for $19.99. going to paint this one in the classic Kenner Speeder bike colors from 1983.

Reaction score
Just got my first TFA Snowspeeder - superb toy! Really enjoying the whole look of this great sculpt. Several points:

1) As I said earlier, this vehicle screams OT EU to me. In fact, I wouldn't have cared if Hasbro had produced this toy even if it hadn't been in the film. As it stood, IIRC it was only in the movie for a split-second anyway (though there may be a deleted scene that shows more of this?!).

2) It also reminds me slightly of the underrated Flash Speeder vehicle that was in TPM; like this Snowspeeder, the Flash Speeder was also barely on-screen, but was a cool vehicle & a great toy as well.

3) This vehicle also reminds me of something that could easily have been part of the G.I. Joe: ARAH line from the '80's, maybe a hover-craft or swamp-speeder of some sort. I could easily see this being part of a ARAH diorama...

4) Yes, this Snowspeeder is way overpriced @ $30 - as are all of these TFA vehicles. I got this for about $23 from Amazon (before tax), but wouldn't have wanted to pay much more than that. If I can find it for $20 @ Wal-mart, I'll definitely get another one.

Reaction score
Just got my first TFA Snowspeeder - superb toy! Really enjoying the whole look of this great sculpt. Several points:

1) As I said earlier, this vehicle screams OT EU to me. In fact, I wouldn't have cared if Hasbro had produced this toy even if it hadn't been in the film. As it stood, IIRC it was only in the movie for a split-second anyway (though there may be a deleted scene that shows more of this?!).

2) It also reminds me slightly of the underrated Flash Speeder vehicle that was in TPM; like this Snowspeeder, the Flash Speeder was also barely on-screen, but was a cool vehicle & a great toy as well.

3) This vehicle also reminds me of something that could easily have been part of the G.I. Joe: ARAH line from the '80's, maybe a hover-craft or swamp-speeder of some sort. I could easily see this being part of a ARAH diorama...

4) Yes, this Snowspeeder is way overpriced @ $30 - as are all of these TFA vehicles. I got this for about $23 from Amazon (before tax), but wouldn't have wanted to pay much more than that. If I can find it for $20 @ Wal-mart, I'll definitely get another one.
its' funny that you mentioned those ideas... I was thinking that I could almost see the FO Speeder as an old school Marvel Star Wars Comics ship or even the early Dark Horse Classic Star Wars vehicle. this definitely screams Stormtrooper transport or even Imperial Officer transport.

I can kinda see this as a G.I. Joe style boat... but not sure if Cobra Colors or Dreadnok colors would work with it.

Reaction score
its' funny that you mentioned those ideas... I was thinking that I could almost see the FO Speeder as an old school Marvel Star Wars Comics ship or even the early Dark Horse Classic Star Wars vehicle. this definitely screams Stormtrooper transport or even Imperial Officer transport.

I can kinda see this as a G.I. Joe style boat... but not sure if Cobra Colors or Dreadnok colors would work with it.
Agreed - this vehicle could easily have come from one of the Marvel SW comics back in the '80's, or the late '70's/'80's SW newspaper strips.

Reaction score
With all the reports of Walmart putting stuff on clearance, it looks like it's time to start hunting there again. I've taken a few weeks off in favor of Targets using Brickseek.

Reaction score
I recently saw a TFA Snowspeedeer at my local Wal-mart, but when I price-checked this it was about $29. Too rich for my blood - for a vehicle like this. I may get another one at the discounted Amazon price (about $23), but may not. That being said, if I can find any on sale @ Wal-mart for that lower price I may get another. However, from what I've seen these vehicles are HTF & short-packed as it is, anyway.

So, unless they start shipping them in greater quantities in the future, I think this vehicle will continue to be HTF.

This vehicle reminds me of the great Imperial Troop Transport from the Rebels line last year; very underrated, and not easy to find either.

Reaction score
I find it odd that this vehicle is so hard to find for a lot of people. It's consistently in stock at most of my local stores and has been since Force Friday.

The figures in my area are spotty, but all the vehicles are here, Rey's being the hardest to find.

Reaction score
Yeah, same for me. This vehicle isn't stocked with the same numbers as the TIE or X-wing but there's at least one at every store I go to.

Rey's speeder is the hardest to find...meaning I have to go to more than one store to look for it. But it's out there as well.

The only ship that I can't seem to find is Kylo Ren's shuttle. You hear that Hasbro....KYLO REN'S shuttle ;) get on it. Make it. Sell it.

Reaction score
Yeah, same for me. This vehicle isn't stocked with the same numbers as the TIE or X-wing but there's at least one at every store I go to.

Rey's speeder is the hardest to find...meaning I have to go to more than one store to look for it. But it's out there as well.

The only ship that I can't seem to find is Kylo Ren's shuttle. You hear that Hasbro....KYLO REN'S shuttle ;) get on it. Make it. Sell it.
and make it accurate and large enough to fit a couple figures! Tyderium size will do.

Reaction score
So, unless they start shipping them in greater quantities in the future, I think this vehicle will continue to be HTF.

This vehicle was packed 2x per case in wave 1 (alongside 1x the Jakku speeder). It's also slated for the wave 2 release as well, but only 1x per case. It's case mates being the Jakku speeder and Boba's (tiny) Slave I.

Reaction score
and make it accurate and large enough to fit a couple figures! Tyderium size will do.
But imagine the price they'd ask for it. If the TIE is $40 and the X-Wing is $50, Kylo Ren's shuttle would easily be $75-$100+.
I mean, I would buy it, but I wouldn't be happy about the money I'm spending on it...

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a better mounted blaster for this vehicle? I thought of using the big white rifle that came with the Wave 1 stormtrooper. (I think I saw someone else do this as well) but I couldn't figure out a good way to mount it.

Reaction score
This vehicle was packed 2x per case in wave 1 (alongside 1x the Jakku speeder). It's also slated for the wave 2 release as well, but only 1x per case. It's case mates being the Jakku speeder and Boba's (tiny) Slave I.
I guess it depends on the area and/or the popularity of the vehicle. I've only seen this TFA Snowspeeder twice at stores since last September, and have consistently seen Rey's Speeder.

It's possible that more people are buying up the Snowspeeder than Rey's Speeder because:

1) It's such a cool vehicle, and, as I said previously, could be used as an EU vehicle and/or an "off screen" vehicle from the OT.

2) There was more than one in the film (unlike Rey's Speeder), so people may be army-building them to some extent.

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a better mounted blaster for this vehicle? I thought of using the big white rifle that came with the Wave 1 stormtrooper. (I think I saw someone else do this as well) but I couldn't figure out a good way to mount it.
not sure if it's mounted or not to the vehicle but on page 18 the large gun from the stormtrooper looks to be mounted on the included mount for the snowspeeder or another BAW weapon. looks better then the firing canon feature that Hasbro gave us.

Reaction score
I recently opened this Snowspeeder & while it's a great toy, I was disappointed that the mounted laser rifle almost immediately broke off from the base - not sure why this happened - this is very fragile, I guess. In any case, I'm going to try to glue this back with super-glue - if that will work.

Has anyone else had this piece break?! Just wondering if this is a common issue with this toy.

Reaction score
I recently opened this Snowspeeder & while it's a great toy, I was disappointed that the mounted laser rifle almost immediately broke off from the base - not sure why this happened - this is very fragile, I guess. In any case, I'm going to try to glue this back with super-glue - if that will work.

Has anyone else had this piece break?! Just wondering if this is a common issue with this toy.
What part broke? Do you have a pic?

Reaction score
What part broke? Do you have a pic?
I could take a pic., but haven't gotten the chance yet. If I do, I'll post this. Specifically, the mounted laser rifle portion broke off from the base section that it's mounted on - it seems very fragile there.

I was just wondering if others have had the same thing happen to theirs.

I'm going to get some super-glue & try to repair this.

Reaction score
$14.99 at Shopko today. They are clearing out the TFA vehicles bigtime.