First Order Flametrooper

Reaction score
Probably something to do with the original vintage line, but to me the rigid poses just make the toy feel more like an iconic representation of the character. Once that toy gets locked into an action pose from the movie, then it feels too specific to a particular scene to be iconic.

It seemed counterintuitive, but the less a toy can do then the more broad a representation it is of the essence of the character, not just the scecific movie or scene that the character was in. Since I don't build dioramas, then the ability of the toy to strike a pose seen in the film is irrelevant to me.

If you hate the way they look, that's fine. If you will never understand how anyone could like it, that's fine too. But I definitely prefer the static poses across the board. We got years and years worth of preposed figures going all the way back to the first wave of POTF2 and I've never been a fan of it.
Thanks for trying to help me understand. Out of curiosity, when you do (or did) buy SA figures, did you pose them on your shelves in that rigid pose?

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help me understand. Out of curiosity, when you do (or did) buy SA figures, did you pose them on your shelves in that rigid pose?
I usually pose super-articulated figures as neutrally as possible. Back when SA was the new thing, however, I would try to put each figure in an action pose, but found that my appreciation for the figures would dwindle much more quickly. Mainly because I would spend so long working on getting the "perfect" pose, that I would then be afraid to touch the toy for fear of moving something and ruining all of my work. I'm a bit on the OCD side of things when it comes to posing figures and I find that I enjoy the experience of owning a toy much more if most of the posing options are simply removed from the equation.

Reaction score
Cool thing about this is that I believe Disney will flood the market and whoever paid $100 for this figure only has about a month of braggin rights left.

Reaction score
Cool thing about this is that I believe Disney will flood the market and whoever paid $100 for this figure only has about a month of braggin rights left.

Not even a month. Just 3 weeks. Actually less than 3 weeks, depending on how long it takes for the item to ship to him. :)

Reaction score
Details on this look soft but I suppose the character design in this case doesn't really help. Seems to have typical BS series sloppy paint though. No chrome details.

Reaction score
Funny how they posed it in the package as if to tease you.....
'Sure, he can cradle his flamethrower in both hands....'
They can tease a 2 hands pose but nothing can hide that soft sculted helmet :disgusted:

Reaction score
Is the mouth part missing some paint? If so, this could end up being one of those rare and sought after deviations that will go for big bucks on ebay for a while.

Just as I suspected, this guy can't hold his flamethrower with two Hands. That's really too bad, even for the collectors that just like to stand These figures up on their shelves. I'm sure they would prefer to stand him up with two Hands gripping his flamethrower.

Reaction score
Yeah, don't know if it's intentional but it's lacking black paint apps around the mouth part.

Reaction score
'Just as I suspected, this guy can't hold his flamethrower with two Hands. That's really too bad, even for the collectors that just like to stand These figures up on their shelves. I'm sure they would prefer to stand him up with two Hands gripping his flamethrower'.
You said it, basic figure who cannot hold his weapon in 2 hands, with accessories in place of another figure, that wont be used, all for the same price as a 2 pack, that is certainly the way forward........

GNT

Reaction score
'Just as I suspected, this guy can't hold his flamethrower with two Hands. That's really too bad, even for the collectors that just like to stand These figures up on their shelves. I'm sure they would prefer to stand him up with two Hands gripping his flamethrower'.
You said it, basic figure who cannot hold his weapon in 2 hands, with accessories in place of another figure, that wont be used, all for the same price as a 2 pack, that is certainly the way forward........
We'll live. Perhaps the eventual 6" version will be more what your after.

Reaction score
This is the one trooper I would have wished had more articulation, can't even hold the flamer with two hands. Will only be buying two and hope a new, more articulated one comes out eventually.

Reaction score
just opened mine to display, all figures so far have been cool. the weapons....suck worse than a quarter hoor on nickel night....enough with the rubbery parts!

Reaction score
Still the only figure of the first wave that I'm looking for...got all my other must haves that first day and left him as something to chase. Now I'm regretting it. Knowing Hasbro's distribution issues lately who knows when re-stocks are coming.

Reaction score
Found one flametrooper at a small shopko store yesterday Tuesday. 6.99 for a few force awakens figures. Even found one Finn, x wing outfit Poe and a couple of the armor snap on figures such as ROTJ Luke and Rylo.

Flametrooper reminds me of one of those Republic commando clonetroopers

Reaction score
Anyone modded him yet for a two handed pose of the flame thrower? I'm thinking of attempting it. Just looking for pointers from someone who's tried it already.

Reaction score
This is the only figure i cannot find, anywhere. I must have this one. I have to have him to complete a 3 set (i have the other two) but this Flametrooper is eluding me something shocking. My eyes are peeled; in fact this one is so rare where i live and i'm so desparate to get him that i'm gonna sleep with a coin keeping one of my eyes open just in case :awesome:

Reaction score
Armor up flametroopers I see plenty of at kmart, shopko and walmart.

So Zuvio, I suggest you go to those stores. If you sit on your butt at the computer you're missing out

Reaction score
Armor up flametroopers I see plenty of at kmart, shopko and walmart.

So Zuvio, I suggest you go to those stores. If you sit on your butt at the computer you're missing out

Problem is i live in Australia, and can't find this one anywhere. But also i'm not looking for the armour-up version, just the normal one to complete a three set.

Reaction score
Anyone modified one of these yet? Managed to add ball-joint elbows and swivel wrists and now looking at adding ball-jointed knees. mine can now definitely hold the flame thrower in both hands but the hose linking to the tank is kind of inflexible so I need to think of a fix for that as well.

Reaction score
I am planning to add elbow joints so he can hold the flamethrower when I get some time. I don't plan to bother with the legs as he'll just be standing anyways. Yeah, the hose is a little annoying.

Reaction score
Finally modified the arms. He can hold the flamethrower two handed now. I got lazy and did the articulation the way vintage G.I.Joe elbow articulation was done. Since the main purpose is for him to hold the flamethrower, I just rotated his left arm so the hand faces up. I was too lazy to give him wrist articulation.

Reaction score
Anyone modified one of these yet? Managed to add ball-joint elbows and swivel wrists and now looking at adding ball-jointed knees. mine can now definitely hold the flame thrower in both hands but the hose linking to the tank is kind of inflexible so I need to think of a fix for that as well.

By the way, what did you use for joints?

Reaction score
Well, I have updated my FO Flametrooper with added articulation to his lower arms. The donor lower arms and hands are from a KO First Order Trooper that broke. I didn't like the ones I did before and since one of my bootleg Stormtroopers broke, it was perfect to use his arms.

I'm still debating if I want to give him knee and ankle articulation, but seeing how stiff he is and the limited number of poses available to him, I don't think it'll be worth my while to do it.

Reaction score
Well, I finally decided to give him knee articulation.
I wasn't going to do his legs as it didn't really add much, but when I looked at my 6" one and realized his lower legs are just basically standard Stormtrooper legs under the knee armor, I decided to give it a shot.

This was why I wasn't going to bother with the knees, as even with the extra articulation, he can't do much cause he has no waist swivel and the hip joints limit what I can do, but still glad I did it.

Group shot:

The officer with backpack just has the backpack added to the webgear and put onto a Walmart Stormtrooper and the heavy gunner is just a Walmart Stormtrooper with the heavy gunner gear.

Compared to the 6" one. If you look at the knees, you'll know what I mean about the normal knees underneath.