First Order Flametrooper

Reaction score
Considering OT Trooper had eyelets, I figured they could see out of them. At least we know from Luke and HAn, that they're hard to see out of. So it's doubtful they had HUD/Targeting system in those older helmets. However, if they utilize that type of feature in the ST. TThen there wouldn't be any use for any kind of eyeholes. The helmets could be totally closed off like an actual bucket.
I'd be a little worried about that in case the electronics break or my battery dies! You're in the middle of running or something and -- "Poof!" -- all black.

Reaction score
I suppose you're right, forgot about that for a moment. Though having eyelets, didn't stop Stormies from running into door jams and other walls. lol

Reaction score
My completist mentality would have me get one of these if and when it is made but i personally do not like the mask.

Reaction score
I like that the Flametrooper design seems to play off a bit of the Republic Commando look, in regards to the shape of the helmet, with a new visor. It's a very sleek look.

Reaction score
I'd be a little worried about that in case the electronics break or my battery dies! You're in the middle of running or something and -- "Poof!" -- all black.
At least you would have a good excuse for your bad aim.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this design. I'll buy me one should its figure becomes available. At least he's not grinning like FO Stormtrooper.B)

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this design. I'll buy me one should its figure becomes available. At least he's not grinning like FO Stormtrooper.B)
Those grins are intimadating. They'll creep the rebellion out. The perfect strategy.

Reaction score
After looking at the viewport in that helmet, I just wonder how anyone's supposed to see anything out of that. It's like looking through a long keyhole. Does anyone know how the SW universe explains how stormtroopers of this kind see?
This is a classic case of form over function.
Medieval knights have jousted with helmets that had less visibility; these guys will do just fine.

Reaction score
Jousting is a pretty niche form of combat contest. Anyone who's worn a gas mask on NBC manoeuvres knows the effect of a sudden loss of much of a field of vision. In CQB, a viewport like that is one tiny step away from a blindfold. I agree that this is a really neat design, but pushing the limits of credibility, not that credibility is that important in Star Wars....

Reaction score
I wouldn't use Jousting as an explanation, all they really had to do was sit on a horse and aim slightly in front of them. I'd wager that they'd only be useful as canon fodder in an actual field of battle.

Reaction score
I wouldn't use Jousting as an explanation, all they really had to do was sit on a horse and aim slightly in front of them. I'd wager that they'd only be useful as canon fodder in an actual field of battle.
I'm trying, dude, I really am, but you're killing me with your ignorance.....

Reaction score
I was just thinking how amazing this figure would be with a flame attachment. A long flame that curls upward like a sideways J.

Reaction score
I'm trying, dude, I really am, but you're killing me with your ignorance.....
What ignorance? Did jousting knights suddenly have a wide viewport and saw everything in their peripheral vision just fine? Do jousting knights somehow not just ride along a rail and aim mostly forward? Ignorance is a strong word.

Reaction score
I was just thinking how amazing this figure would be with a flame attachment. A long flame that curls upward like a sideways J.
I wonder if the 5 poa Version will have bent arms so he can hold the flamethrower in two Hands. Maybe it will be posed like the preview Clone from AOTC.

Reaction score
I wonder if the 5 poa Version will have bent arms so he can hold the flamethrower in two Hands. Maybe it will be posed like the preview Clone from AOTC.
"No, it's totally realistic for a flametrooper to use one straight arm to fire a flamethrower. It has high play value, and the customers are fine with it. This is the kind of playability that Hasbro customers are seeking from our products."

You reminded me of the emerging reality of these items. 5poa will be downright weird with such a figure. Sigh.

Reaction score

If if hasbros insistent on going 5poa at least give us variations. How bout storm troopers with various poses? I'm not talking elaborate but maybe a holding gun pose, a standing pose and one with some bent arms and legs. I'd buy these fives up if they had the potf articulation. Those figire sans the muscles had pre bent joints and most importantly a swivel waist which is really missing in the 5 poa

GNT

Reaction score
I can live with 5POA figures, I do actually like them but i hate posed figures regardless of articulation. At least you can line up the current 5POA figures and there's the standard uniform to them :)

Reaction score
I can live with 5POA figures, I do actually like them but i hate posed figures regardless of articulation. At least you can line up the current 5POA figures and there's the standard uniform to them :)
Agreed! If the figures are going to regress at least take them back to the lesser of the two evils. The figures with the pre-posed battle stances are the worst. If one little thing is off they fall over.

Reaction score
Frankly, if figures are going to be unposeable, I'd rather have them look interesting and movie accurate on my shelf. We never saw a stormtrooper holding his blaster one-handed in the films. Why would I want a figure on my shelf that can only do that? The lying on their back pose of the Saga Legends bugs me so much more than the lack of articulation.

Reaction score
Agreed! If the figures are going to regress at least take them back to the lesser of the two evils. The figures with the pre-posed battle stances are the worst. If one little thing is off they fall over.
uniformity is a little boring. I'd suggest variety packs with storm troopers with at least an arm bent that it can hold its blaster with two hands. What about a 5 pack with 3 standard 5poa and two posed? I'm not talkin outlandish luminari pose just something where it looks like they are doing something relevent. Captain phasma would be a good choice with this set. She'd have her cloak on and could be posed holding her weapon. Or another storm trooper with a two handed blaster mold. The other figure maybe a flame trooper holding its weapon in a similar pose. Or even a tie fighter pilot. I'm getting at variety of mold for figures that would be army builders anyway.

I mean it sounds like hasbro is gonna focus more on main characters anyway initially so why not give some variety to those main characters if you're not gonna go the extra mile and give us other background characters.

Reaction score
Remember those 2004 clone wars army builder packs with three troopers all pretty much pre-posed? They could easily go that route and save even more Money on articulation.

I agree with scum. If I have to have lowered articulation figures, then I'd prefer something that can at least be posed like in the film. Those AOTC preview figures had 5 poa as well.

Reaction score
Pre-posed or not, if the figures are 5POA, I'm out.
This is pretty much how I'm leaning anyway. I can't see myself jumping on the 5 poa bandwagon if there aren't any SA 3.75" figures in the fall. 6" will pretty much go right past me anyway, so it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Reaction score
This is pretty much how I'm leaning anyway. I can't see myself jumping on the 5 poa bandwagon if there aren't any SA 3.75" figures in the fall. 6" will pretty much go right past me anyway, so it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

If that comes to pass, those of us left out in the cold will have to drown our sorrows in a very large glass of beer. Who's with me?

Reaction score
While I am not a fan of pre-posed figures either, I'd be okay if Hasbro had some supplemental multi-packs like the below, for $15 range...

Reaction score
While I am not a fan of pre-posed figures either, I'd be okay if Hasbro had some supplemental multi-packs like the below, for $15 range...

I like these 3-packs as well. They even look cool to keep carded. I wouldn't mind a few pre-posed EP2 style figures as well. There's something fund about seeing them in poses from the movie.

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not a fan of basic line going this route, but I'd be fine if those 3-pks returned. It's a good way to get those blink and miss background army builders. Plus it's not too difficult to give them SA if you wanted to, I've already done it with all three of those figures.

Reaction score
I agree. I really don't want pre-posed AND limited articulation. If Hasbro insists on pre-posing their figures, then they should be super-articulated. This way those of us who dislike pre-posed figures can get them out of the ridiculous poses. However, if we continue to get the rigid neutral poses, then I find that I don't really miss the articulation all that much at all.

Reaction score
But the rigid stance *is* posing. And it's less natural looking - it certainly isn't neutral as people just do not stand like that - in the films or in life.

Honestly, for those of you that do prefer the standing at attention pose, what is it that you prefer about it? Is it the similarity to the vintage line? I'm genuinely curious as I just hate the way they look in diorama display or even just standing on the shelf. At the very least, I want my characters to grip their weapon correctly. I can't even put a lightsaber or large blaster in the hand of one of these straight-armed figures as it just looks ridiculous to me. I suppose I could understand it for carded collectors, but I don't understand it for loose collectors. Maybe I just haven't seen a good display of these figures yet.

Reaction score
But the rigid stance *is* posing. And it's less natural looking - it certainly isn't neutral as people just do not stand like that - in the films or in life.

Honestly, for those of you that do prefer the standing at attention pose, what is it that you prefer about it? Is it the similarity to the vintage line? I'm genuinely curious as I just hate the way they look in diorama display or even just standing on the shelf. At the very least, I want my characters to grip their weapon correctly. I can't even put a lightsaber or large blaster in the hand of one of these straight-armed figures as it just looks ridiculous to me. I suppose I could understand it for carded collectors, but I don't understand it for loose collectors. Maybe I just haven't seen a good display of these figures yet.
Probably something to do with the original vintage line, but to me the rigid poses just make the toy feel more like an iconic representation of the character. Once that toy gets locked into an action pose from the movie, then it feels too specific to a particular scene to be iconic.

It seemed counterintuitive, but the less a toy can do then the more broad a representation it is of the essence of the character, not just the scecific movie or scene that the character was in. Since I don't build dioramas, then the ability of the toy to strike a pose seen in the film is irrelevant to me.

If you hate the way they look, that's fine. If you will never understand how anyone could like it, that's fine too. But I definitely prefer the static poses across the board. We got years and years worth of preposed figures going all the way back to the first wave of POTF2 and I've never been a fan of it.

Reaction score
Might as well bring back the oversized weapons and beefcake muscles while they are at it. :)