first few pics from the Vanity Fair issue released (Spoilers?)

Reaction score
Those are beautiful images with incredible colors. The cockpit shot looks a lot like the awesome one Vanity Fair did for TFA.

Reaction score
Awesome photos thanks for posting. Looks like we might see some flashbacks (if that Luke/R2 shot indicates anything)... although that looks like TFA/TLJ Luke and not the flashback Luke we saw in TLJ.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chewy looks to be in a lot of locations, the Falcon, the desert and the area where the piece of Death Star is. Looks like Rey and Kylo will face off in the desert and the Death Star remnant area too.

Reaction score
Some nice images, there are some similarities to Zam Wesell :) but let's see how that pans out.

Reaction score
Stoked about the Knights of Ren...looks like Rey’s vision from Maz’s Castle in FA will come to fruition.

Reaction score
Yeah cool photos. I just hope new Zam Wesell turns out to be interesting. Also curious why Lando is wearing a Yellow/Gold shirt, trying to tie the new Lando in with the older one parhaps?

Reaction score
Maybe in space people change their outfits after 4 decades? :grin:
But yeah - it's still unimaginative.

Reaction score
I actually really like these photos, I think they show promise. I have hope for this one. I will agree the yellow attire Lando has (from Solo) is a little heavy-handed though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah cool photos. I just hope new Zam Wesell turns out to be interesting. Also curious why Lando is wearing a Yellow/Gold shirt, trying to tie the new Lando in with the older one parhaps?
Yeah, the yellow shirt is definitely a way to connect the films. To me it's a bit much, but I'm just happy Lando's back.
Y

Reaction score
Yeah, the yellow shirt is definitely a way to connect the films. To me it's a bit much, but I'm just happy Lando's back.
Y
I can see where you're coming from. I just take it as him reliving his youth one last time as he prepares to face impossible odds.

Reaction score
I assumed he spilled something on his shirt, started rummaging around the Falcon for a fresh one, and found his old shirt still stuffed in a drawer somewhere. It was the only one Chewie never used as a rag.

Reaction score
Still not as weird as borrowing Han's clothes at the end of Empire.

Reaction score
The thing I like best about Lando's shirt in that shot is how it pops against the other colors on the ship. It looks like it did in the Solo posters and promotional images. In the Solo movie, the colors were so flat and washed out that it didn't really stand out. I hope Episode 9 is as colorful as these promo shots are.

GNT

Reaction score
Looking at the fourth pic down I can only assume JJ is a fan of 90s action films because thats the Phantoms purple suit with the Rocketeers helmet lol
Possibly an influence, it's not the first time another movie/tv has influenced a Star Wars character or name.

Reaction score
I assumed he spilled something on his shirt, started rummaging around the Falcon for a fresh one, and found his old shirt still stuffed in a drawer somewhere. It was the only one Chewie never used as a rag.
well I just now pictured Chewbacca using Lando's shirt for his private wookiee time.

Reaction score
Anyone think it's odd that Daisy isn't in the cockpit shot? The only image of Rey and Kylo looks like it was pulled out of their final scene in TFA. Do you think they're just keeping their roles in this one under wraps?

Reaction score
Anyone think it's odd that Daisy isn't in the cockpit shot? The only image of Rey and Kylo looks like it was pulled out of their final scene in TFA. Do you think they're just keeping their roles in this one under wraps?

These aren't necessarily scenes from the movie. They're just publicity shots.

Reaction score
Someone dug a little into the previous Leibovitz photos and there's a TFA image of Luke that is very similar to the one released for this one.