First Edition Variants

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface have pictures up of the First Edition variants - instead of a black box we have white boxes. Anyone going to collect these?

Reaction score
No. It's just a box. I'm only interested in the figures and as long as they are all the same, I couldn't care less about the packaging (though I admit, the white box looks nice). If they are different, I'll go with whatever figure I like best. Never understood the fans that need to have box variants. I mean, there's collecting... and then there's OCD ;) :p

Reaction score
Yakface have pictures up of the First Edition variants - instead of a black box we have white boxes. Anyone going to collect these?
It's only a select amount not the full run of those figs. Theyll have black box too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Some people will definitely feel compelled to buy one of each white and black box edition.

Just like vinyl collectors need 'all four colors' of the same album.

I will never understand this need. :grin:

Reaction score
Some people will definitely feel compelled to buy one of each white and black box edition.

Just like vinyl collectors need 'all four colors' of the same album.

I will never understand this need. :grin:
I feel bad for them.

Howd they do with the vader prototypes then? Lmao

Reaction score
yeah I'm an opener for the most part. I do have 1 extra unpacked of the archive figures and a couple of others.
They do look nice, but I don't care much for it - it's too late anyway to complete a collection with boxed figures which I absolutely have no space for.

Reaction score
I do have a 'one to open one to keep boxed' policy on select figures so definitely would like the alternative box variant for any of these. Of the pics we've seen that would apply to the Mandalorian, Second Sis and Sith Trooper. Not fussed about the rest

Reaction score
I do have a 'one to open one to keep boxed' policy on select figures so definitely would like the alternative box variant for any of these. Of the pics we've seen that would apply to the Mandalorian, Second Sis and Sith Trooper. Not fussed about the rest
Mandalorian has a rust/bronze color box at target.

Hasbro is too effing lazy nowadays.

That's 3 box variants for 1 figure, versus giving target a legit exclusive.

Reaction score
Now I don't collect Funko, but I heard it's kind of their M.O. which Hasbro is now trying.
I wish they'd go their own way, find out what ticks this audience, open dialogue, instead of trying to cater to another clientele from another company.
And get back to doing what they supposedly do best.
Look at the S.H. Figuarts boxes... not really where their focus is, am I right?

Reaction score
The Target copper thing dies have different coloring in the figure. If I had a choice I would get the copper one. But I will just be happy with finding any Mandalorian version if I can.

Reaction score
I'm only buying white box variants if they are the only ones on the shelf, although I think they look cool. I'm hoping the collectability of these doesn't make it harder to just find the figures I want on Force Friday.

Reaction score
The white box looks glorious as it accentuates the figure, however I’d have changed the colour of the SW logo.

Reaction score
Spotted Rey and the dark Jawa this morning at Walmart. I took the Jawa up and was restricted. It’s ok these will be all over the place on October the 4th. The cloth cloak on the Jawa looks really good. Wish they did this for the one that came out last year and for the 40th line.

Reaction score
I'm not a carded collector, so it really doesn't matter to me. I think it would have been cooler if they would have mixed the two colors in the same case. Then it really would have been a hunt to find them.

Reaction score
Yeah, they aren't listed there - I reached out to Jayson at Yakface and he said the system currently has the DPCIs blocked. :(
First Edition variant upcs aren't listed because they are the same as the regular individual red/black UPCs

Reaction score
First Edition variant upcs aren't listed because they are the same as the regular individual red/black UPCs
Update: I was incorrect on that, here they are.

NOTE FIRST WAVE ALSO AVAILABLE IN WHITE BOX FIRST EDITIONS
630509896509/316778977 #90 (Supreme Leader Kylo Ren)
630509896516/104583083 #91 Rey & D-O)
630509896523/909633934 #92 Sith Trooper (TROS)
630509896547/191055363 #93 Cal Kestis (Jedi Fallen Order)
630509896530/334939228 #94 The Mandalorian
630509896554/579641584 #95 Second Sister Inquisitor (JFO)
630509896578/523014981 #96 Offworld Jawa
630509896561/727833516 #97 First Order Stormtrooper (TLJ)

Reaction score
IF I happen to find any of these, then I'll probably opt for the "First Edition". If not, no big deal.

Reaction score
I wonder if target or amazon will have a separate listing or it’ll be random.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The white box is gorgeous! Unfortunately they wont good with my black box figures on the wall, nor will the bronze box (I am admittedly a little OCD with my carded/boxed collections).

Reaction score
The white box is gorgeous! Unfortunately they wont good with my black box figures on the wall, nor will the bronze box (I am admittedly a little OCD with my carded/boxed collections).
Exactly how I feel, I have almost 100 red/black boxed, I don’t want white ones now. They only look appealing because it’s a different box than we're used to seeing.

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel, I have almost 100 red/black boxed, I don’t want white ones now. They only look appealing because it’s a different box than we're used to seeing.
That's why white is limited and regular will be black/red.

Reaction score
I'm more agitated by the 'carbonized' figures in addition to the 'regular' figures.

Feels like Hasbro is reeeeeeeally milking the subtle variations.

I don't mind if they make them, but just make them all either 'carbonized' or 'not carbonized'.

Reaction score
I'm more agitated by the 'carbonized' figures in addition to the 'regular' figures.

Feels like Hasbro is reeeeeeeally milking the subtle variations.

I don't mind if they make them, but just make them all either 'carbonized' or 'not carbonized'.
Buy them or don't. It isn't anything that should cause you stress.

Reaction score
Seeing the white boxes today has really messed with the Black Series completionist in me. I passed on them but it was really hard to do so. lol

Reaction score
has anyone been able to find these? I went to target and gamestop. Only was able to get 1 white boxed second sister. that was the only one they had. I got there when they first opened, so noone bought any before I got there.

Reaction score
Gamestop by me received random individual figures from the new wave with limited random first editions thrown into the mix. No sealed cases.

I got a sealed case of first editions from an Amazon Treasure Truck.

Reaction score
My local Target had at least two complete cases worth, Walmart got 6 in one shipper and a couple scattered into another shipper, GameStop had some a couple random ones.

Reaction score
Target by me had 2 full cases up. I got the mandalorian left the rest. Ill get one to open later on.

Reaction score
If you guys have a Disney Store near you check there. I went to mine and they had 6 out of the 8. Missing Sith Trooper and The Mandalorian. I called another store and they said they had a few white boxes left but they did not have the last 2 that I needed. The first store I went to had a bunch of the other 6 in stock. I'm beyond happy right now especially because I was 50/50 on going there.

Happy hunting!!

Reaction score
If you guys have a Disney Store near you check there. I went to mine and they had 6 out of the 8. Missing Sith Trooper and The Mandalorian. I called another store and they said they had a few white boxes left but they did not have the last 2 that I needed. The first store I went to had a bunch of the other 6 in stock. I'm beyond happy right now especially because I was 50/50 on going there.

Happy hunting!!
My closest Disney Store had the full set in white. Distribution has been weird for these box variants.