Firefly (Funko Legacy Collection)

Reaction score
I think Mal and Zoe are definite buys for me. Depending on the quality, and whether they get discounted, I'll probably try to pick up some of the others.

Reaction score
Definitely will get the nine main characters, but assuming the budget allows, I would like to get every single figure from this line...if they go beyond the crew.

Reaction score
Let me guess, not 4". Man i really love it when companies make Awesome product in a scale I don't Collect... :'(

GNT

Reaction score
Then you've got to start collecting larger scale figures (which most companies release now) ;) and besides most people would have these figures on a different shelf from Star Wars figures anyway so scale shouldn't be a problem. I have figures in multiple scales and that really doesn't bother me.

IMO 6" figures is the way of the future :p :) :D

Reaction score
Let me guess, not 4". Man i really love it when companies make Awesome product in a scale I don't Collect... :'(
you and me both MasterFett. I wish there was a common 1:18th scale for all toy lines. I love intermixing various characters from different movies and TV shows together.

these do look sweet from the teaser image though but until I see them first hand in the toy aisles I'll stick the 3.75" ReAction versions.

Reaction score
it's already bad enough that i'm thinking about going there, I don't need help being pushed into it. ;)

Reaction score
you and me both MasterFett. I wish there was a common 1:18th scale for all toy lines. I love intermixing various characters from different movies and TV shows together.
That is part of the joy of having a shelf of Neca Predators, another with movie masters DC figures, several of marvel movie figures, one of the 6" star wars, another with movie monsters, and now I am keeping one empty for these.

Reaction score
Better,boxed pics HERE. Zoe, Mal, and Jayne look great! Kaylee and Wash are a little iffy, but I will definitely be getting them all!
Says they will be out in May!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, this almost worked. Last week I saw that gamestop.com had the Firefly legacy figures up for preorder with a ship date of May 1st and they had free value shipping on orders over $25. So, I decided to order on Saturday hoping these ship this week so I ordered a Mal, a Zoe and a Jayne figure because that is all I had money for. I looked today on the regular page and each figure has a May 24 release date so I decided to call gamestop.com just now got off the phone after waiting 20 minutes looks like these are still on back order. So, it sounds like these will not be available from gamestop.com til the end of the month. I left the order open in case these come in next week.
But operator was nice and apologetic about the order. The prices for these are $19.99 plus tax. On a different note I found the upc for these and toysrus is going to get these in their stores they are listed in their system at $19.99,but it might not be till end of this Month or June. I guess other option is amazon.com. hope this helps.

Reaction score
I really hope that Funko will also do a modern, articulated 3 3/4" line after the reaction and 6" figures are done. It would get people to triple-dip, I'm sure and those of us that just don't like the 6" scale would finally be happy.

Reaction score
I checked the closest tru store and these figures are in the Distribution center. Along with Rocketeer figures.

Reaction score
I've got the figures on order from BBTS. The Wash figure is in stock already, but the rest have a release date of Early June. I got an email yesterday from them saying they'll be in stock in the next 10 days. This is just for the Firefly figures.

Reaction score
I've got the figures on order from BBTS. The Wash figure is in stock already, but the rest have a release date of Early June. I got an email yesterday from them saying they'll be in stock in the next 10 days. This is just for the Firefly figures.
Gamestop.com has these in stock finally. Also, a seller on Amazon has each figure in stock. I am waiting for TRU to pick the best paint apps.

Reaction score
I picked up Zoe, Kaylee, and Wash today at my LCS. Unfortunately they didn't have Mal or Jayne. Gotta say, I am pretty blown away by how good these turned out! I thought initial pics of Wash and Kaylee looked kind of so-so, but they really nailed them both! These are my first Funko Legacy figures and I am pretty impressed with them. I got to cherry pick Kaylee and Zoe as far as paint apps (they only had one Wash), but the ones I chose these over didn't have bad apps either. Articulation is pretty well done, a few tight joints but nothing severe like on some of the McFarlane Walking Dead or Diamond Select BSG figures. Accessories all fit the hands nicely. I'd say the only nit I would pick is that the pins in their knee joints are clear, which is odd, but I will take it over them being a completely different color any day. It's only really noticeable if the light strikes them the right way. I can't wait to find Mal and Jayne now (and the Rocketeer) and I really hope they complete the rest of the crew.

Reaction score
I received Mal the other day from BBTS, and the Previews Exclusive Jayne should be arriving soon. I really like how Mal turned out.

Reaction score
Stopped by my local TRU this afternoon after work and was pleasantly surprised to find the whole set so I was able to pick up Mal and Jayne! Can't believe I scored the whole set in only two days! I agree with Michael Crawford's comments about the elbow joints, but it's only really noticeable on Jayne. I got to choose from two Mals, so got one with pretty decent paint apps (IMO). My only really nit with Mal is that his coat and shirt are too glossy! I think the colors are just about right though. It's weird too that the sleeves of the coat aren't as glossy as the rest of it. I'm half tempted to try to tone the coat and shirt down with a matte coating, but don't want to screw him up. My only nit with Jayne is that he is kind of hunched over a bit and you can't raise his head. It kind of works for him though, so I'll let that slide. Again, both figures have the clear knee pegs. Super glad to have them though, I've been wanting a good set of Firefly figures since, well, since the show was on. I really, really hope they don't stop here though.

Reaction score
Stopped by my local TRU this afternoon after work and was pleasantly surprised to find the whole set so I was able to pick up Mal and Jayne! Can't believe I scored the whole set in only two days! I agree with Michael Crawford's comments about the elbow joints, but it's only really noticeable on Jayne. I got to choose from two Mals, so got one with pretty decent paint apps (IMO). My only really nit with Mal is that his coat and shirt are too glossy! I think the colors are just about right though. It's weird too that the sleeves of the coat aren't as glossy as the rest of it. I'm half tempted to try to tone the coat and shirt down with a matte coating, but don't want to screw him up. My only nit with Jayne is that he is kind of hunched over a bit and you can't raise his head. It kind of works for him though, so I'll let that slide. Again, both figures have the clear knee pegs. Super glad to have them though, I've been wanting a good set of Firefly figures since, well, since the show was on. I really, really hope they don't stop here though.

I also just saw these at a local tru.i have to wait for payday (tomorrow) but I am going to have to look at some other tru stores cause the pants paint apps on Zoe, Mal, and Jayne were not good.

Reaction score
Do it! Give in... You can pretend it's just a few, just this line...and that one. And before you know it, you are scouring eBay for older figures, and you're drowning in a gloriously over-articulated and wonderfully sculpted sea of goodness. And then you realize you're happy. Collecting is bringing you a joy you didn't even notice had ceased years ago.

Reaction score
Picked up Mal and absolutely love it! I don't play with my toys... anymore... when anyone is looking... but I think Mal, Han Solo, and Starlord are about to go start a 6" collection bar fight. :p

Reaction score
Awesome! I want to see that dio! ^

:hmm: Actually, would it be cool to see all three on screen in a Cantina type setting?

Reaction score
Same here, because I wanted some 3.75" figures...

I'm really tempted to get Mal and a couple others. But man I just don't want to get sucked into another line and scale.
I hear that. Especially the scale thing. I've collected 6" before and they are fantastic but boy do they take up a lot of space. I had LOTR figures when they came out, some movie maniacs figures, 6" Batman. It's just too much. The 3.75" store much nicer. I still have some 6" figures but if I could get some 3.75" versions that were comparable I'd be much happier.

Reaction score
I've got a question. So I picked up a pretty decent Malcolm figure paint wise. No complaints there, but his wrists are like puppet hands. The wrist swivels stick out of the cuffs a good 1/16". Doesn't sound like much but at this scale it's pretty fragile looking, mind was packed with the forearms backwards but in scared to twist these punt things correct. Is everyone else seeing the same thing?

Reaction score
I've got a question. So I picked up a pretty decent Malcolm figure paint wise. No complaints there, but his wrists are like puppet hands. The wrist swivels stick out of the cuffs a good 1/16". Doesn't sound like much but at this scale it's pretty fragile looking, mind was packed with the forearms backwards but in scared to twist these punt things correct. Is everyone else seeing the same thing?
Nevermind... After further investigation I see that the joints don't set in deep enough because the receiving part of the ball joint is like 1/16" deep. I was scared I would twist his hand off but it looks like its a ball joint wrist-post-swivel... Pretty cheap looking in my opinion. I may dremel that a little deeper to suite my own tastes.

Reaction score
Well, I just was at a store hunting and there good news and bad news. The bad news is if u bought the Firefly figures last month online or at tru u might kick yourself over the good news. The good news the store is target and they are starting toy resets and they are getting Firefly legacy funko figures for $16.99. Good hunting.

Reaction score
Eh, after tax, I basically paid almost an extra $2 per figure gambling that I wouldn't find them at retail. Gas wouldn't add up to that much, even if it took me several trips to hunt them down, but buying online drastically reduced my frustration level.