Reaction score

Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Finn (The Force Awakens)​

Links:

Hasbro
Amazon
BBTS
Entertainment Earth

Product Description​

Committed to the cause of the Resistance, Finn fights alongside his closest friends to defeat the First Order -- the evil regime he once served as a stormtrooper.
Celebrate the legacy of Star Wars with premium vehicles, playsets, and action figures from Star Wars The Vintage Collection. Inspired by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this 3.75-inch-scale Finn (Starkiller Base) figure makes a great addition to any fan’s collection. Look for more Star Wars collectibles for adults to build a galaxy on your shelf!

full

full

full

full

full

full

Product Features​

• 3.75-inch scale (9.53cm)
  • Made of plastic
  • Collector-grade quality with premium details
  • Figure features multiple points of articulation

Box Contents​

• Finn figure
  • Blaster

Are you excited for this release?

I mean if we're talking repacks I've got plenty I'd nominate, sadly none are ST characters. Unless they were unmade ones, or maybe the FO Stormtroper repainted gold or red for a specific character. I might go for Zorri Bliss reissue though. Speaking of repaint her into purple hair.

Theu probably should finish off the Praetorian Guards before a repack.

They finally dip a toe nail back into ST and this is what they're going with? Where's the dude with the red helmet, or hux, or either of the gang thugs? Something even remotely interesting .. so lame

Outside of Dooku and, to a lesser extent, the Clone Trooper (Phase 1)...these have to be, by far, the most boring pipeline reveals they've ever done, IMO. Three are already made figures with very moderately different outfits; we're talking minute to the point of...was it even necessary to make them? One is yet another Mando that, effectively, will be yet another figure we basically already have, just with a new head and deco. One is of a character that, honestly, I can get why some may want him redone, but I'm perfectly fine with the Cassian (RO) we have now. And one is ST, which...I ain't even going there. But it's not even the Finn the fans of the ST even really wanted, and it's a reissue/minor upgrade of one we actually did already get. That's almost a slap in the face of ST fans, but I can't speak for them...especially because, well, I'm not one.

I can't really complain,
A Photo Real face would be a significant upgrade to a main character and hold him over probably till that Ray movie starts building hype while costing very little.

Honestly i'd buy Jyn and Andor for it if they figured some way to make them different(like maybe coat Jyn and vest Andor)

Likely updated face aps of the wm excl tbs3.75. EZ pass. But if tros or heck tlj, I'd buy it w/o issue.

I'm surprised he and dooku took so long to be in tvc.

Last edited:
In addition to Photo Real, this one is really for MOC collectors who have been asking for Finn on a TVC card for years.

This is just a repaint of the old TFA Finn? That figure was decent paint-wise. It was the sculpting the was lacking. It had almost all the required points of articulation, but with very little range of motion.

yes, Finn was /is overdue. My heart and passion for tvc is glad to see these "new" figs coming, but at same time, my wallet is happy to see repacks i need not to buy

Cause a new figure tends to be better than a repack.

Totally.

But if a slot has to be a repack due to budgets/etc then this one has definitely been requested over the years since that TBS 3.75" came out.

I'll gladly upgrade my loose Finn with Photo Real, and add the MOC version as well.

Outside of Dooku and, to a lesser extent, the Clone Trooper (Phase 1)...these have to be, by far, the most boring pipeline reveals they've ever done, IMO. Three are already made figures with very moderately different outfits; we're talking minute to the point of...was it even necessary to make them? One is yet another Mando that, effectively, will be yet another figure we basically already have, just with a new head and deco. One is of a character that, honestly, I can get why some may want him redone, but I'm perfectly fine with the Cassian (RO) we have now. And one is ST, which...I ain't even going there. But it's not even the Finn the fans of the ST even really wanted, and it's a reissue/minor upgrade of one we actually did already get. That's almost a slap in the face of ST fans, but I can't speak for them...especially because, well, I'm not one.
Absolutely agree. The pipeline reveals are utterly awful. Slightly modified versions of characters we already have: Mando, Cassian, Grogu, Finn, Axe Woves (dear god, who needs that???).

A completely and utter whiff. Ugh. Guess I'm saving money next year.

I can't really complain,
A Photo Real face would be a significant upgrade to a main character and hold him over probably till that Ray movie starts building hype while costing very little.

Honestly i'd buy Jyn and Andor for it if they figured some way to make them different(like maybe coat Jyn and vest Andor)
The Photoreal repaint on the 5POA TJL Finn they did a few years back for the Saga multipacks looks amazing. The sculpting was always there on these newer figures (as opposed to say the old Endor Han Solo) and Photoreal really brings them to life.

An exclusive multipack may be a more appropriate format for repaints like this though. I'd welcome a Photoreal three pack of Fynn, Poe, Rey for the TFA 10th anniversary coming up.

I think this figure is more about having an ST presence before the possible Rey movies.

It is a weird choice.
Much like the Phantom Menace retro figures this is a test to gauge interest for future products.

I hope not.

If it's just a photo real update, it'll be a big pass and a bad indicator for any kind of interest in anything.

If it's a new figure, I'll buy it, all the while wishing it were the TROS costume.

Back