Finn (FN-2187) in Stormtrooper Disguise

Reaction score
By insane miracle, I found this figure today (along with Unkar Plutt and Rebels Rex.)

Now I need to find an SA stormtrooper to make a head swap.

Has anyone done that yet??? Does it work?

Reaction score
Uh, can we rename this thread? Because "Finn (FN-2187) in Stormtrooper Disguise" doesn't seem quite appropriate since FINN WAS A STORMTROOPER.

A thread title of "Finn (FN-2187) in Stormtrooper Armor" seems a bit more appropriate.

Reaction score
You don't really need this figure to do the headswap, it's just that it's the only figure with a removable helmet. My guess is that there will probably have to be some peg downsizing on the SA stormtrooper, but I haven't looked for sure.

Reaction score
Would be nice to have especially with the removable helmet on a 5POA figure!!

Reaction score
By insane miracle, I found this figure today (along with Unkar Plutt and Rebels Rex.)

If you do that, Finn will look rather thin. His 5POA body is more rotund than regular FO Stormies.

Reaction score

I think it works pretty well, but will involve a bit of dremmelling:

I also broke the loose torso joint and glued the top and bottom together, which makes him a bit shorter, albeit with no waist articulation. But the height is close enough, if not exact, to the Jakku figure.

I'm also not sure if this is a new head sculpt, or if the dremmelling process made it a bit stockier. Either way, I think it fits well with this costume.

didactic

Reaction score
If you do that, Finn will look rather thin. His 5POA body is more rotund than regular FO Stormies.
I know, but I can live with that.

Seems like a missed opportunity that Leia didn't say, "Aren't you a little fat for a stormtrooper?" in the movie.

Reaction score
Finally got this last night. This is a GREAT figure. One of my favs from this line.

Reaction score
Really enjoying this figure as well! Mine unfortunately has some pretty sloppy paint apps on the helmet (the black detail is badly misaligned on one half of the helmet's face) which I didn't notice until I'd opened it up. Not the worst thing though, as it's not immediately noticeable and I'd planned to have the figure displayed holding its helmet, like so!

Happily, the paint apps on Finn's head are pretty much perfect and I love the sculpt as the likeness is excellent! Really love how they took that extra step to give him a bulkier torso that better resembles the character's proportions, though I wish they'd also done the same with his legs. Another nice thing is that the white plastic used for his armor is glossier than the near matte plastic used for the standard single-carded Stormtrooper (3.75" Black Series trooper is still the shiniest!). And though I prefer to keep FN-2187's helmet off, it does fit him perfectly and looks great when he wears it.

Overall a very cool figure that I'm glad I was able to find!

Reaction score
I finally found this guy today while I was out doing some errands. I looked quickly at doing the head swap on a SA body, but the SA neck post is a lot bigger. I'm going to try and fine one extra trooper so I can sand down the neck post and try it out.

Reaction score
Thread title call sit a disguise, but if he really actually is a bone fide storm trooper then it isn't a disguise its work duds!

Reaction score
Thread title call sit a disguise, but if he really actually is a bone fide storm trooper then it isn't a disguise its work duds!
Exactly, this one should just be Finn FN-2187 Stormtrooper armor. Its actually the Jakku version where he is wearing the disguise, pretending to be a member of the resistance.

Reaction score
If anyone is having trouble getting this guy, I stumbled upon him and Unkar at Kroger. they got in new displays for the Blu/DVD release, and they're currently on sale for 5.99.

Reaction score
I love this figure even though I don't like 5POA figures. I have him just standing there not doing anything while my S.A. FO Stormtroopers are all in dynamic poses. Kind of like how FN-2187 didn't really follow his orders very well in the beginning of the movie.