Finn (FN-2187) - Armor Up

GNT

Reaction score
Here's the latest Finn action figure that's part of the Armor Up line:

Picture from Amazon.

Who's going to be picking up this pack?

Reaction score
Well, that designation clears up a possible origin of the name. Interesting.
Not one for me. Easy to do in the SA line.

Reaction score
He looks like Fat Albert in Stormtrooper gear.

The armor up series is so dumb but this War Machine style armor is probably the best and most believable of all of them...for a sci fi fantasy that is. Even though this figure looks like a typical overweight convention cos-player I would have liked this figure as a kid.

Reaction score
The chest armor just looks bulky. I have a feeling it's removable. Reminds me of the Han that had removable Stormtrooper armor

Reaction score
Looking at the pictures more carefully now, I actually believe that you probably have to remove the armor on him to put his armor up armor on. Just like the Tie Fighter pilot where you have to remove his chest box and put it on top of the armor.

Reaction score
It's defiantly removable which makes no sense since you all ready have and Armor Up FO ST that does not have this "feature". If armor comes off it should be all of it. Makes no sense but it's Hasbro, they have become notorious for some head scratching outcomes in the last 4+ years.

Reaction score
It's defiantly removable which makes no sense since you all ready have and Armor Up FO ST that does not have this "feature". If armor comes off it should be all of it. Makes no sense but it's Hasbro, they have become notorious for some head scratching outcomes in the last 4+ years.
To me, it seems like it comes off because you need to take it off to put the Armor up armor on him. That's what I'm thinking cause the armor up armor is about just the same bulkiness as the armor on him.

Reaction score
I. Hate. Armor ups.

Once again, I have no desire to support Hasbro and their attempt to double the price of a basic 5 POA figure just for an extra hunk of plastic and a over sized waste of packaging.

Reaction score
i. Hate. Armor ups.

Once again, i have no desire to support hasbro and their attempt to double the price of a basic 5 poa figure just for an extra hunk of plastic and a over sized waste of packaging.
preach, brother!

Reaction score
I. Hate. Armor ups.

Once again, I have no desire to support Hasbro and their attempt to double the price of a basic 5 POA figure just for an extra hunk of plastic and a over sized waste of packaging.
Have to agree with you there, i feel the same way. Nonetheless i'll be making an exception to obtain the new Tie Pilot armor-up, it's too unique to miss.

Reaction score
So its the same figure sculpt, right?

From what i can see the sculpt looks the same. The armor-up bit on this one puts me off, i don't like the styling of it so i won't buy. I prefer the base series one with the removable helmet, and much cheaper too.

Reaction score
I saw this armor up Finn and the Elite TIE Pilot today. Finn looks okay, but I really want to see the basic figure version of Finn in Stormtrooper armor first. I've been making purchase decisions based on the quality of the figures because the armor up accessories just don't do it for me.

Reaction score
Reaction score
His armor makes him look bloated. I'll pass in favor of the single-carded release. Won't pay an extra $4+ for a bloated suit and a piece of armor.

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether the two Finn Stormtrooper figure sculpts are the same or not?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to remove his stormtrooper chest plate to attach the armor up piece. I don't own this but thats what it looked like in the package, the armor up part is too small to fit over the regular breastplate, and the regular plate looks very bulky and like its a separate part.

Reaction score
Yeah, Finn's standard torso armor is removable. It's slightly rubbery, but fits pretty neatly on him; the bulkiness feels sort of true to how he looked in the movie.

And you're right, TK114, you do have to remove the trooper armor to get the Armor Up™© piece on him.

Flagrant over-pricing aside (the Armor Up pieces should've been the pack-in on the basic $7.99 line instead of what they went with), I like this figure far more than I thought I would.

Reaction score
I know people aren't fans of the Armour-ups (and for good reason), but what's baffling to me is that we've had two Armour-up Finn's and two Armour-up Poe's, with fictional headgear/armour that never existed in the movie. Yet the only character that actually had headgear in the movie and would actually suit an Armour-up release (Rey), still hasn't got one. This is really really frustrating Hasbro!

Reaction score
An Armor Up Rey figure would be awesome (for those who buy them, I don't see the appeal so much).
But I wish the Armor Up figures would be of characters or variations we can't get anywhere else.
Like Resistance Poe. Save for buying the WM X-Wing, you can't get Poe in that attire.
Kylo? Unhooded, nowhere else. Chewbacca? Armor Up exclusive. Hasn't gotten a TFA in the line anywhere else.
Phasma? Just like the single card. FN-2187? Single card also has it.

The differences and variations are what make me want to go out and buy the Armor Ups, not the accessories.

Reaction score
An Armor Up Rey figure would be awesome (for those who buy them, I don't see the appeal so much).
But I wish the Armor Up figures would be of characters or variations we can't get anywhere else.
Like Resistance Poe. Save for buying the WM X-Wing, you can't get Poe in that attire.
Kylo? Unhooded, nowhere else. Chewbacca? Armor Up exclusive. Hasn't gotten a TFA in the line anywhere else.
Phasma? Just like the single card. FN-2187? Single card also has it.

The differences and variations are what make me want to go out and buy the Armor Ups, not the accessories.

Same here. But the higher price point of the Armor Up assortment is awful. Because the draw is the figure, not the so-called value added pack-in.

Reaction score
I saw a couple today during my hunt for resistance Rey. Passed due to how bloated the chest piece looks. Plus that price is such a big turn-off!

haha but I did buy the original Finn armor up during force Friday. ��.

Reaction score
Received this guy from Amazon yesterday. Just wish it came with a regular helmet instead of this crazy one...

Reaction score
Every time is see this figure I'm reminded of Zaphod Beeblebrox from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The lower portion of the helmet looks like an embryonic Stormtrooper helmet that's pushing the bigger helmet backwards.

Reaction score
Received this guy from Amazon yesterday. Just wish it came with a regular helmet instead of this crazy one...

[ /QUOTE]

Actually the second pict from the top is kinda cool. It would make a good jakku scene as he leaves the burning tie fighter and takes off his uniform. I have one. I guess I'm gonna open it. I'm not complaining about the costs on these anymore considering my kid's skylanders figurine cost way more and do nothing.

Reaction score
I actually like the look of Finn "War Machine" FN-2187. the helmet does remind me of a space trooper helmet and the fact this might be the best armor up gear so far since we have 2 different looks for this figure (with the under armor and armor up on as well as a Finn that can look like he is removing his Stormtrooper gear, and the fact that the helmet is removable. I'm curious to see if it will fit on the standard FO Stormtrooper).

of course (not sure if I'm going to be the first or not to poke a joke at him) we are assuming that the canon on top of his armor is just that a weapon of some sort (ala the tags of War Machine Finn) but since FN-2187 is a janitor in the glorious First Order...perhaps his armor up title should be "Super Janitor".... the armor could be nothing more then a high power cleaning system. the canon can be a water cleansing canon and the helmet is to filter out all the nasty smells left by the FO Troopers after they use the head.... lol :p

again this is all in pure fun and not meant to be taken seriously :p :p :p

Reaction score
I actually like the look of Finn "War Machine" FN-2187. the helmet does remind me of a space trooper helmet and the fact this might be the best armor up gear so far since we have 2 different looks for this figure (with the under armor and armor up on as well as a Finn that can look like he is removing his Stormtrooper gear, and the fact that the helmet is removable. I'm curious to see if it will fit on the standard FO Stormtrooper).

of course (not sure if I'm going to be the first or not to poke a joke at him) we are assuming that the canon on top of his armor is just that a weapon of some sort (ala the tags of War Machine Finn) but since FN-2187 is a janitor in the glorious First Order...perhaps his armor up title should be "Super Janitor".... the armor could be nothing more then a high power cleaning system. the canon can be a water cleansing canon and the helmet is to filter out all the nasty smells left by the FO Troopers after they use the head.... lol :p

again this is all in pure fun and not meant to be taken seriously :p :p :p
http://youtu.be/arvnhNPUrl0

Reaction score
I hadn't realized the armor comes off this version of FN. That means this is a different figure than the single pack, yes?
as I don't have FN-2187 "Bloody handprint on helmet" in hand I can't be sure but I think I will say yes as it's Hasbro's MO to give us multiple versions of characters with slight differences to make us buy them multiple times. recent nods can go to 4 different versions of Kylo Ren, 2 similar FO Stormtroopers and multiple versions of Poe.