Finally got display cabinets

Reaction score
Here we go. Don't know much about the cabinets, got them used, yesternight. They do light up and there's tinted glass doors.

8r3RoFj.jpg

d2GEVRw.jpg

i6SgXLs.jpg

TT86wWZ.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice!

Thanks. I have added to it since. There’s a lot of unrelated “filler” from the Micro line. Ie my unpainted figures. But I did add a bag of bona fide Kenner photography fake snow. The bottom shelf is for my Marx (well, Superior & Whitehall but that’s a whole other ball of wax) dinosaurs.

Attachments

• 0939DB36-FCAD-4D8D-B6C4-B995F4EF2C47.jpeg
    0939DB36-FCAD-4D8D-B6C4-B995F4EF2C47.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Reaction score
i find old jewelry store display cabinets that are waist-high are the best display cabinets
they are. my grandparents and dad used to own and run a jewelry store. Wish I had those cabinets. i probably would have most of them in storage, but they are the best for a collection display

Reaction score
Once it starts going behind glass you have taken it to the next level. Keep it up

Reaction score
Once it starts going behind glass you have taken it to the next level. Keep it up

Thanks. I do indeed plan to take it to ye olde next levalle by swapping my unpainted figures for some more preproduction items and replacing that Kim Simmons Wampa Cave print with an Ion Cannon box. I don’t want to overcrowd the items though. Like a real museum, only a fraction of the collection will be on display!

Reaction score
Thanks. I do indeed plan to take it to ye olde next levalle by swapping my unpainted figures for some more preproduction items and replacing that Kim Simmons Wampa Cave print with an Ion Cannon box. I don’t want to overcrowd the items though. Like a real museum, only a fraction of the collection will be on display!

This is what most collectors experience as one the problems of a large collection and you have to use the footprint you have. Crowding can become an issue but I refuse to stay within the lines. Explore. Take a look at what your fellow Scummers have done for ideas as well.

Reaction score
This is what most collectors experience as one the problems of a large collection and you have to use the footprint you have. Crowding can become an issue but I refuse to stay within the lines. Explore. Take a look at what your fellow Scummers have done for ideas as well.

A collecting pen pal of mine is around 80 years old. He’s unsure what to do with the vast hoard of soldiers and dinosaurs he’s collected. In his words he said “Maybe they’ll bury me with it, like a low-rent pharaoh.”

I don’t wanna be a low rent pharaoh. I am culling my collection down to basically nothing but childhood mementos (even those have been culled heavily), stuff I will actually PLAY with, with the kids, and for me, Hoth Ion Cannon preproduction items. The unpainted figures are fine to collect because a complete set takes up less space than a shoebox.

I will probably collect quite a few fake 4-ups but I have a practical purpose in mind for those (other than as objects of display).

Reaction score
Added a box and the variant “2-finger pointing” Leia. The box is beat to heck but I wouldn’t trade it for a case-fresh example. THIS box is a quality control sample used internally at Kenner. It has the signature of one Said Osman, a known Kenner employee, and is hand dated for the summer these came out, in the day he inspected it. I just bought this for the Leia variant but the playset and all 8 figures were shockingly pristine. I knew nothing about Said Osman or these internal sign-off samples until I started researching after this came in the mail. It was a random eBay find, priced like an ordinary loose complete toy with beater box.

jByZjaX.jpg

EVXZUK6.jpg

Last edited: