Finally! A Toy Show Is Coming Back To The Home of Kenner!!!

Reaction score
Long shot but, Does any one have a 79' Kenner Alien there bring to the show?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely coming to this and bringing my son and nephew. If we get there early, can we leave and reenter later (after lunch)?
Yes, they typically will stamp your hand. Just make sure you tell them on the way out that you plan on coming back.

Long shot but, Does any one have a 79' Kenner Alien there bring to the show?
Not that I know of. We've brought some in the past and they sell within the first 30 minutes for full asking price. It's very difficult to get one from a show unless you are very lucky

Reaction score
Not that I know of. We've brought some in the past and they sell within the first 30 minutes for full asking price. It's very difficult to get one from a show unless you are very lucky
They are hard to come by at shows.. Passed two up, regret it both times.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Everybody going have fun! I'm a bit upset I'm unable to get there this weekend. And if any R2 goodies pop up at the show, there are multiple people that know how to contact me! ;-)

Mike

Reaction score
Room sales planned for the LaQuinta near the convention center (other side of I-75). Plan to start around 11 pm. I know there will be some modern proof sheets, unpainted 1:1 micros as well as a near complete (59) set of POTF coins available.

Alex

Reaction score
Halfway through our setup earlier today. And yes, there is a boxed 18" Alien there at the show at someone else's booth but no clue on the price.

Last edited:
Reaction score
More pictures please! Anyone with loose beater chewies? Looking to add some.....I've hit 250.....next goal, 500

Reaction score
Had a good show! Meet some great people. Lemcool, I did see the Alien there were two but, both had issues.. Oh, Next time! Hope everybody had a good time

Reaction score
It was a somewhat smaller show but had more vintage SW than a larger con like Wizard. I didn't take a ton of photos, so hopefully someone else can post some better ones. I wasn't able to get there as early as I would have liked but still spent more than I wanted to.

Reaction score
This was my first toy show, had a great time walking the floor and ogling the goodies. The Lemcool Bros. had a fantastic setup with tons of vintage. Thanks Sean for the 12" C3PO. I put him up on the mantle where he was proudly displayed for 2 1/2 minutes before the wife ordered it removed. Wives, pfft.

"strangest" thing I saw: One dealer (Tom) very nice guy, had an entire bin of good to excellent condition, loose vintage with probably 70% of them complete, in zip locs, just piled into a plastic tub. They were marked as $10 ea so I happily scooped up a Leia Poncho, 2 Stormies, 2 Jawas, an ERG and a minty white R2(ss). There were a lot of dupes, especially Vaders but they were very nice. What made it strange was how he just had them all dumped into a bin. I can understand dumping incomplete, beaters into a bin but not C8 type, complete figures. Anyway, I thought that was strange but again, very nice guy and very nice pricing.

Got there at 8:04. Had to beat it by 11 unfortunately (kids) but was able to cover the entire floor with ease. I really hope the show went well for the dealers as I'd love to see it come back next year.

Reaction score
Had a great time at both the show and the hotel sale. I saw tons & tons of super cool stuff!!! It was nice to meet some people face to face.

Reaction score
I did see a lot of good stuff at his table. I picked up a Droopy McCool with a flute from him. My Max Rebo band is now as complete as it will ever be, sans mics. He's just one of those figures that has to have his accessory, they probably should have just sculpted it in his hand since that's pretty much all he does. I also found a very white Stormtrooper, gun and for whatever reason a snowtrooper skirt/mini cape. I lost all my original snowtrooper capes so was on the lookout for a new one. But there were a lot of good deals at the show, but also some things that were probably too expensive.

"strangest" thing I saw: One dealer (Tom) very nice guy, had an entire bin of good to excellent condition, loose vintage with probably 70% of them complete, in zip locs, just piled into a plastic tub. They were marked as $10 ea so I happily scooped up a Leia Poncho, 2 Stormies, 2 Jawas, an ERG and a minty white R2(ss). There were a lot of dupes, especially Vaders but they were very nice. What made it strange was how he just had them all dumped into a bin. I can understand dumping incomplete, beaters into a bin but not C8 type, complete figures. Anyway, I thought that was strange but again, very nice guy and very nice pricing.

Reaction score
Where are the room sales pictures?!?! And more pictures of the booths at the show floor!! Please...:p

B.Rgds/Derek

Reaction score
I had a fantastic time and picked up some awesome stuff. I spent more money on my way out the door than the entire show. My best get was Gentle Giant's Asajj maquette from the 2003 Cartoon Network series. I think it's obvious from my avatar on here that I'm an Asajj girl.

It was nice to meet you, ever so briefly, Lemcool, and to check out all of your vintage stuff and simultaneously revisit my childhood seeing MIB items. I spoke with your mother for several minutes after spotting the "fleet" of Wampas and the pricing sheet that I recognized from an earlier post on here, and my dear friend who was with me bought a vintage SW game from your booth.

Unfortunately, the oncoming winter storm cut the event a little short.

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's support who showed up yesterday and help spread the word through this site and social media! It was our second best show ever, and it was the largest collection of vintage Star Wars items I had personally ever seen in one place for sale. As you can imagine, a lot of very engaged collectors from across the country were there, and it was nice to put a face with a name. I even had a few very well-known collectors (the inner circle? :ninja:) tell me that there was a larger selection of vintage SW for sale here than the Celebration. The promoter plans on keeping this a 1-time a year even in the late fall, which I think is better since it doesn't dilute the exposure or potential for how big we can end up making this. I am really hoping that this can grow every year and become the predominant toy show in the Midwest for Star Wars. Since it's in Cincinnati, it only makes sense, right?

As for selection of toys, it was all over the place and so was pricing. I saw no less than 4 Tatooine boxed Skiffs at the show and several other very nice pieces. As a general rule of thumb, if it has a super high price on it, you can negotiate most of the time. There were some guys there willing to take 30 or 40 percent off the sticker. We were selling many items at or near our cost to make room for more purchases. We also did more trading yesterday than we've ever done in the past, which allowed up to pick up a Kellerman book, AFA85 carded Romba (no yellowing!), and partial payment towards the recent first shot Chewbacca that was found. It took us almost the full 5 hours to set up on Saturday, and we were the second to last to finish tearing down at the end of the day yesterday. We were busy the entire time, which made it difficult for me to take photos, but I will try to link to any that I find of others who posted. The room sale was very cool and the first and only time I've ever been a part of one. La Quinta was very gracious and it was a more laid back opportunity to get to know everyone. All in all, one of my favorite weekends I've ever had in this hobby, with some very cool items being shown and put up for sale. It was a pleasure meeting everyone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was a somewhat smaller show but had more vintage SW than a larger con like Wizard. I didn't take a ton of photos, so hopefully someone else can post some better ones. I wasn't able to get there as early as I would have liked but still spent more than I wanted to./QUOTE]

So how many vendors were there?

Reaction score
For me, the show itself was one of the lesser parts of the weekend, but it certainly got everyone to come out, which was fantastic. That is, I had an infinitely better time hanging with old and new friends alike on Saturday afternoon through the evening and then at the room sales at night than I did at the show. But that is just me personally as I always prefer the camaraderie and sharing of stories with my fellow collectors to most other parts of such a weekend. There indeed was a ton of vintage at the shows, but nothing crazy as far as deals. It was all great to see, and buying an incredible mint, unused shipping box (ROTJ mini-figures box with Anakin offer) from Steve Denny was a thrill beyond words.

Also, there were some really cool pieces at the room sales, and it was very nice of La Quinta to let us spread out in the lobby.

But the highlight to me, and this is what makes this hobby second to none (the crazy awesome people in it), is when Tim (ACME on RS), who I didn't know well at all other than through one single pm several months ago (and his incredible 2D run), came up to me at the room sales and said that since he knows I have an original Han focus and that he saw on Facebook that I was getting into some modern protos that he brought me literally a near full preproduction run of the Screamin' Han Solo model kit. Presentation boards, proofs and proofs and proofs, initial sketches in pencil on sketch pad, photo art, box flats, perhaps some concept drawings, etc., etc., etc. A folder full of stuff that kept on going and going and going. He completely surprised me with it, gave it to me, and said "pay me when you can; no worries." Who does that?!!! Simply an amazing gesture.

That, my friends, made my weekend. Thanks again Tim!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would say between 75 to 100 vendors and over 200 tables. I feel like the majority of the people there had Star Wars in some shape or form at their tables

Reaction score
Had a great time hanging out with everyone over the weekend. Thanks to everyone that stopped by the booth to say hello! Glad we were able to help out with some good deals too.

Reaction score
Not sure how many times I'll find myself saying this, but this weekend I was sitting at home in NYC wishing I was in Ohio!!
Couldn't wait to check this thread this morning to see how everyone made out. So far the stories and photos are very cool!

Looks like there was plenty of vintage star wars stuff to choose from. Great to see a lot of RS forum members got involved too.
Was anyone able to find any pre-production stuff? Anything that might have come directly from the old Kenner days?

Reaction score
A neat pic from the show. That recent find of internal first shots including Mushroom Tip DT Vader, Chewbacca, R2D2 and Leia were found down in Cincinnati. 2 of them, the R2D2 and Leia, were displayed at the show in this pic. The Seller (Dylan), also had a neat hand cut Vinyl Cape Jawa.
Neat stuff....
Also, Steve Denny brought 2 Rocket Firing Fetts, but they were not for sale.... just show.
-Steve
ps- I unfortunately was not there either. Pic is from my friend Dylan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also found a very white Stormtrooper, gun and for whatever reason a snowtrooper skirt/mini cape. I lost all my original snowtrooper capes so was on the lookout for a new one. But there were a lot of good deals at the show, but also some things that were probably too expensive.
I had my grubby paws on that Stormtrooper with the snowtrooper cape....twice.....and I ended up putting it back. Glad it went to someone who needed it.

Reaction score
Were there any POTF proof cards? Or any rare MOC figures? Missed my flight grrrr to get there...

dmo

Reaction score
Great show! I've been to other toy shows that were bigger but none had more vintage Star Wars!

dmo

Reaction score
It was a somewhat smaller show but had more vintage SW than a larger con like Wizard. I didn't take a ton of photos, so hopefully someone else can post some better ones. I wasn't able to get there as early as I would have liked but still spent more than I wanted to.
I didn't see that 21c Greedo (in the first picture) when I got to the show. Did anyone here get it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's mine. The bubble had fallen off and it was being held on to the card with a staple. I had 5 other 21 backs with very low prices that I actually kept under my table until the doors opened since I really didn't want to see it flipped in front of me. Not a single person even looked at them. I was stunned... oh well, back in the vault for now :p

Reaction score
I didn't even to get over to your booth on Sunday. I wish I could have, What were the five other 21 backs lemcool?

Reaction score
Some vendors had some superb deals - and others were price gouging. Somebody had a brand new 3.75" Rebels 2-pack Zeb and Stormtrooper with a $30 price tag on. It was sort of obscene. The friend who came with me gravitated towards it, as he hasn't gotten around to watching Rebels yet (he doesn't get the proper channel to see it weekly upon release and refuses to watch it on any not-entirely-legal foreign domain site) nor has he seen any of the associated toys; I told him exactly what it was (but didn't remark on the ridiculous price), and the vendor approached and quickly stated that he'd take $15 for it. Yeah, 'cause nobody would pay $30. I pre-ordered through BBTS, so I didn't worry about Rebels merchandise at the show.

I was more in it for anything Clone Wars but actually picked up some great Batman: The Animated Series pieces as well. A very nice guy in the last row on the far left of the showroom was extraordinarily helpful in assisting me in sorting through a bunch of CW loose figures he had and unearthing some of their associated weapons. He certainly didn't have to take the time to do that (at only $3 a piece), but he did. And I very much appreciated it.

Interestingly enough, only about half of the vendors acknowledged me either verbally or by making eye contact, as I'm guessing most assumed I was either there as somebody's significant other or a mom. Not a buyer. I'm only the latter, and any disposable income (ok, ok, sometimes rent money) I have goes towards toys.

P.S. I wish I had been able put more names to faces (I only encountered Lemcool), but I don't think there's a secret handshake here at RS...

Reaction score
A neat pic from the show. That recent find of internal first shots including Mushroom Tip DT Vader, Chewbacca, R2D2 and Leia were found down in Cincinnati. 2 of them, the R2D2 and Leia, were displayed at the show in this pic. The Seller (Dylan), also had a neat hand cut Vinyl Cape Jawa.
Neat stuff....
They looked like regular first shots to me. Many folks seem to be tossing out "internal first shot" and "protomolded" to describe regular first shots, often of 12-back characters, but in my experience true protomolded figures are quite uncommon.

-chris

Reaction score
I didn't even to get over to your booth on Sunday. I wish I could have, What were the five other 21 backs lemcool?
Didn't get to our booth???! We had an entire row!!! :wtf:
I'm trying to recall and I think they were a Walrus Man, R5-D4, Hammerhead, Death Star Droid, and Power Droid. I'm just going to keep them at this point. They were all priced under $260 or less and averaged about an 8 out of 10. If I sell them now, it will either be at next year's show or I'm going to AFA them. Couldn't believe they didn't sell..... (please no PMs anyone, please please please don't send me any PMs, I hate them.)

Some vendors had some superb deals - and others were price gouging. Somebody had a brand new 3.75" Rebels 2-pack Zeb and Stormtrooper with a $30 price tag on. It was sort of obscene. The friend who came with me gravitated towards it, as he hasn't gotten around to watching Rebels yet (he doesn't get the proper channel to see it weekly upon release and refuses to watch it on any not-entirely-legal foreign domain site) nor has he seen any of the associated toys; I told him exactly what it was (but didn't remark on the ridiculous price), and the vendor approached and quickly stated that he'd take $15 for it. Yeah, 'cause nobody would pay $30. I pre-ordered through BBTS, so I didn't worry about Rebels merchandise at the show.

I was more in it for anything Clone Wars but actually picked up some great Batman: The Animated Series pieces as well. A very nice guy in the last row on the far left of the showroom was extraordinarily helpful in assisting me in sorting through a bunch of CW loose figures he had and unearthing some of their associated weapons. He certainly didn't have to take the time to do that (at only $3 a piece), but he did. And I very much appreciated it.

Interestingly enough, only about half of the vendors acknowledged me either verbally or by making eye contact, as I'm guessing most assumed I was either there as somebody's significant other or a mom. Not a buyer. I'm only the latter, and any disposable income (ok, ok, sometimes rent money) I have goes towards toys.

P.S. I wish I had been able put more names to faces (I only encountered Lemcool), but I don't think there's a secret handshake here at RS...
It was very nice meeting you! I don't know the pricing or anything really about the new stuff, but like I mentioned earlier in this thread, if the price is insane, chances are it's a negotiation tactic. I think the most we dealt off of our prices was $5, as we know we had a lot of stuff priced for 60 and 70% of what they sell for online. Cash talks, PayPal walks :awesome: Hope to see you at another show again soon!

Reaction score
Chris, I was talking about the Silk Screened sticker buddy and mold differences on the R2. I believe the R2 is a internal injection molded first shot. I understand what a protomold is. If you'd like to see detailed pics, send me a PM and I'd gladly send you pics of the R2. Take care, -Steve

Reaction score
I'll post some pics here... of the R2 : ) (first shot is on the right, thanks Ross for the photos)

And is quite a bit different, then these first shots from the 2004 Earth find....

Last edited: