Finally! A Toy Show Is Coming Back To The Home of Kenner!!!

Reaction score
This may be a bit premature since it's several months away, but many of you have said you'd love to come to Cincinnati for something relating to Star Wars toys and now you have a reason! Plus, you'll have enough time to plan the trip! There is FINALLY going to be a true toy show at the Sharonville Convention Center, 15 minutes north of the old Kenner headquarters on Sunday, November 16th. None of this comic con crap where you have to pay $40 for an autograph. Nope, none of those shenanigans. Just rows and rows of tables filled with glorious toys being sold by collectors, dealers, and even people selling their childhood collections. I've done the past few shows put on by this promotions company, and they have been excellent. I hope that some of you reach out to me and come visit the tables my brother and I will have set up. I believe this toy show will be significant since the last true toy show in Cincinnati was several years ago, and there are many dealers and collectors here with VERY good stock, but unable to travel to other cities to set up and don't sell online!

Here are some links:
https://www.facebook.com/events/264627577051500/

Cincinnati Show « CTS Promotions

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it would be cool to maybe coordinate something for anyone that makes the trip to town. I know the Ohio and Indiana Star Wars Collector Clubs are pretty involved in this area....

Reaction score
I do get excited and hype stuff up, but for those that I have met in the past, my brother and I plan on having more stuff at this show than we've ever brought... I have been hording blue snaggletooths, for instance. We have a plethora.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this thread, as it's about 3 months away and anyone wanting to come into town can still easily make travel arrangements :D

Reaction score
Count me in bro. Thanks for the heads up. Should be some VERY nice vintage there. If there's not, I am going to poop on the tables you have set up there, Sean. :p

Reaction score
Count me in bro. Thanks for the heads up. Should be some VERY nice vintage there. If there's not, I am going to poop on the tables you have set up there, Sean. :p
If anyone here has ever wanted to see Ross Barr struggle for his life, it looks like that will now be a highlight of the show! :p

Reaction score
I may just have to break my 2 decades long streak of not attending any toy/comic shows or conventions as the Sharonville CC is about 5 minutes from my office.

Reaction score
If anyone here has ever wanted to see Ross Barr struggle for his life, it looks like that will now be a highlight of the show! :p
Easy for you to say when you got your big, bad brother to get your back....

Lol buddy. Thanks for the heads up about the show. Should be an awesome time.

Reaction score
Jealous of all you guys close to the show... I'm 12 hours away by car. Little leery of booking a flight given the weather could do anything come November. Not an issue heading out - but would hate to get stuck. I've only got a couple of vacation days left at work and was hoarding those for Christmas.

Reaction score
It's Cincinnati. It only rains and sometimes sleets in November. Also, we're one of Delta's main hubs.

Reaction score
Thinking about making a pitstop en route for Thanksgiving in NC. How many tables are there supposed to be?

edit: saw there is going to be 200

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thinking about making a pitstop en route for Thanksgiving in NC. How many tables are there supposed to be?

edit: saw there is going to be 200
Spoke with the promoter today. They are almost sold out of tables already. Anyone from the KY, IN, or OH Collector clubs care to interject if there has been any movement in the discussions to all get together that weekend? I feel like it's the perfect storm and Mr. Vader himself confirmed last night that he's making the trip for it too! :grin:

Reaction score
Spoke with the promoter today. They are almost sold out of tables already. Anyone from the KY, IN, or OH Collector clubs care to interject if there has been any movement in the discussions to all get together that weekend? I feel like it's the perfect storm and Mr. Vader himself confirmed last night that he's making the trip for it too! :grin:
Does Cincinnati have uber or lyft?

Reaction score
Dan Flarida and I are currently putting together a celebration style room sales the night before for the event. I will fill everyone in on the details when I get home from vacation. We are all planning to stay at the same hotel for all those interested.

Josh

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does Cincinnati have uber or lyft?
Both.

Dan Flarida and I are currently putting together a celebration style room sales the night before for the event. I will fill everyone in on the details when I get home from vacation. We are all planning to stay at the same hotel for all those interested.

Josh
Yes, so the Micro Man and Mr. Kenner Extraordinaire will be in attendance too! This is shaping up to be the best weekend in Cincinnati since Kenner earned the toy rights!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both.

Yes, so the Micro Man and Mr. Kenner Extraordinaire will be in attendance too! This is shaping up to be the best weekend in Cincinnati since Kenner earne the toy rights!
Make that two micro men, mr rebel soldier, mr stormtrooper (retired), mr Vader, mr fx7 and Steve Denny. Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
Reaction score
There will be a group coming from the Indiana Star Wars Collecting Community. We have not finalized a plan or anything yet, but will be represented in addition to Mr FX-7.

Reaction score
Bump! Time to book your flights if you haven't done so yet. While not as large as comic cons, this show is 100% about the toys and some very good stuff is rumored to be available that weekend. Try the Dayton, OH, Columbus, or Indianapolis airports if the Cincinnati flight is too much.

Reaction score
I priced out 70 MOCs last night for the show, and starting on the 12" ones tonight. I think I may post some teaser photos here as I open up boxes and boxes of things we've bee accumulating. Please no PMs, everyone at the show will have first dibs. :grin: Here's a little taste.....

Reaction score
I'm about 5 minutes away from Sharonville and would love to attend. I've never been to a toy show though. Will this be kid-friendly? I'd love to bring my 6 year-old if I'm going to go. Thanks in advance.

Oh...and I guess it's a good thing I already have a Blue Snaggletooth...but I am missing Droopy McCool's mic!

Reaction score
I'm about 5 minutes away from Sharonville and would love to attend. I've never been to a toy show though. Will this be kid-friendly? I'd love to bring my 6 year-old if I'm going to go. Thanks in advance.

Oh...and I guess it's a good thing I already have a Blue Snaggletooth...but I am missing Droopy McCool's mic!
Yes, definitely kid-friendly and members from the 501st often show up and walk around dressed up, which the kids love. In fact, it might even be a good place to shop for Christmas / the Holidays, as it's a true toy show, which means tons of toys. I spoke with James, the promoter, and he said that they had to expand the room to fit more vendors since there has been such a large response in people wanting to set up. While we don't sell any figure weapons/ accessories separately, there are dealers there that do and typically have a pretty good stock of authentic pieces.

Reaction score
I figured I'd give this thread my weekly bump! I've been slowly trying to price things, but it's futile with how much we have to sell. As I open more boxes, I will try to post up some more photos. For those who make the trip, some of my best items won't go up on our table until 8:01 AM so the collectors have a chance to buy them. Just another little preview of what we'll have.... 20 or 30 baggie figures, Kenner catalogs, multiple blue Snaggletooth figures. Stay tuned for more!

Reaction score
For those of you who aren't on Facebook, I posted some more teaser photos of what we'll have there. We just started on our boxes and pricing. I went to Kane County over the weekend and I believe our selection and pricing will be better than what was there.

Reaction score
For those of you who aren't on Facebook, I posted some more teaser photos of what we'll have there. We just started on our boxes and pricing. I went to Kane County over the weekend and I believe our selection and pricing will be better than what was there.
Sweet! I have been looking for 140 Wampas all in the same place! Lol.

See you guys in November. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Sweet! I have been looking for 140 Wampas all in the same place! Lol.

See you guys in November. Best of luck.
Don't knock it. You never know when you might need a fleet of Wampas. Plus, for me, it's good news, since I've been building (i.e. collecting) a Star Wars zoo. How many Wampas do you think would get along in an enclosure together? I'm thinking they're like polar bears, and at most, two per enclosure; they don't seem like pack animals.

In any case, I've managed to talk one of my dear friends into going to the show with me (he's a 501st member himself but won't be in costume), so I hope he holds to his commitment. Because I really want to go!

Hope to see y'all there.

P.S. Lemcool, I actually wish I could help you sort through and price stuff, since cataloging and organizing are two of my favorite hobbies. Yes, I do it for fun. Totally not kidding.

Last edited: