Figures you would like to see made

Utinniii

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering, what figures you would want made. Even though this is in the TV section, Books, movies and comics are all OK. I'm going to avoid Star Wars, Reaction, Marvel and DC since they have dedicated threads for them.

Feel free to talk about what company makes them, scale or POA or any other factors you deem interesting.
Please post pics of customs you have made, especially if someone just asked about that figure.

This IS NOT a thread for requesting customs but who knows, someone might have made it already.

I love Fantasy and Sci-fi and collect 3.75 scale figures. I also love monsters, robots and aliens.

For TV shows,
Andromeda, Farscape, Babylon 5, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Brisco County Jr., Outer Limits (a few Twilight Zone Monsters not made), V (original), Red Dwarf, Addams Family, Munsters (and if they were cheap, Gilligan's Island)
Comics: Roachmill (with Muzzi and Woim), Watchmen (not movie)
Movie: Classic Monsters and aliens (Saucermen, Triffids) Accurate Clash of the Titans figures, Galaxy Quest, Barbarella, Princess Bride
Animation: Cosmic Christmas [Aliens (The yellow robot thing was also seen in the SW Holiday Special)], Heavy Metal, 3.75 Original TV Thundercats,

Reaction score
For me, it's Farscape.

Farscape and I can die a happy man.

Well that and a Hall-pass from my wife for Scarlett Johanson.

I just need to buy the 7" figures, 3d scan then, rescale them and put them on custom 3.75" bodies. Because it's that easy right? ;)

Utinniii

Reaction score
(I think she has Herpes)

I for one, am patiently awaiting a Holodeck.
I'm fairly certain that within the next 10 years 3D Printing like that will be both easy and affordable.

Reaction score
For me the tops 3 would be Farscape, Babylon 5 and V. There are two more, that i can't remember the names ATM.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I hope there are some Western figures involved.

Have you watched The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.? It stars Bruce Campbell as a Harvard Educated Bounty hunter. He loves what the future will bring and has a knack for being around when new innovations occur (He once escaped from the bad guys. He hurt his thumb so he stuck it out. A passer by gave him a lift. That sort of thing).

Reaction score
I'd love to see the following all in 3.75" format:

The Walking Dead
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Batman 1966 (all the heroes and the villians)
Gotham TV Series
Dukes of Hazzard (all new figures)
Betty Page as The Rocketeer
Star Trek - all properties and super articulated

Utinniii

Reaction score
Well, you can get the Buffy figures (probably on clearance if you look), and sadly the Dukes probably won't get made in this current political climate. Gotham has a real chance since TV's Arrow and the Flash have figures.

Reaction score
I like the ReAction figures of Buffy but I want SA 3.75" figures with accessories and more character selection. The Dukes of Hazzard would be a dream come true but sadly due to all the PC BS in this country the chances of getting these are slim to zero (lucky for me I have a complete set of the vintage 3.75 figures with the Genereal Lee and Roscoe's Police Car...just missing Daisy's Jeep and Boss Hogg's Caddy).
I'd love to see Gotham in 3.75" format and I'd be happy with a very limited run of figures in ReAction (Gordon, Bulluck, Nygma, Wayne, Alfred, Catwoman, Falcone, and maybe even a few of the villians like Joker. I'd even go for a Doctor Thompkins and Barbara Gordon figure.)

The Walking Dead would be a dream come true. I've been working on a few customs for a 3.75" SA G.I. Joe style TWD line but trying to find the Zombie Viper at a decent price is difficult. luckily I was able to snag 4 of them when they first came out.

I'd also go for a 3.75 ReAction 1966 Batman line with multiple villians and of course Batman and Robin. (working on customs of these at the moment)

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'd also go for a 3.75 ReAction 1966 Batman line with multiple villians and of course Batman and Robin. (working on customs of these at the moment)
There's the rub. Customizers can make the figures before anyone produces them commercially. Now do you buy a brand version or be satisfied with your own creation? There are merits for both.

I've made dozens of 3.75 scale gremlins. Many are generic, but I also have many of the unique ones. Reaction just made some, but they are too large. Should I collect them (supposing I could find them in Canada at a reasonable price)?

For zombie hordes, I would cast a bunch of zombie heads and put them on fodder bodies (Fisher Price, Dollar store figures). If you de-mold them while they are soft, you can warp them so they don't all look the same. Add accessories and hair and they will look different.
McFarlane had some zombie and Frankenstein figures that make good zombie heads.

Reaction score
Ever since ReAction started making all those cheesy retro figures, I've been DYING for them to make The Golden Girls in 5POA glory. It's still one the air, has only 4 characters, most of whom have died (stay strong Betty!) and think of the accessories- ma with her little purse on a permanently bent arm, plastic cheesecake...
Then old-skool Kenner freaks would finally have an Akmena/Bea Arthur figure to put behind the bar of their Cantina playsets, and just about any of Dorothy's outfits (and her hair) would easily transition back into her SW role (big shoulder pads and wide pants with those saggy white boots? like she never left Tatooine)

HOWEVER my real TV toy fantasy is the result of a particular pharmaceutical commercial that's been in heavy rotation lately in my area (espec. during Golden Girls) advertising medication for opioid related constipation. I AM NOT making fun of anyone with constipation, chronic pain or opioid needs. These are serious issues in people's lives, and I respect your struggles. That being said, the animation in the commercial cracks me up! It reminds me of Archer, and I really want an Pill Man action figure!

Even if I had to get him in a 2-pack with Poo-poo suitcase lady (I'll put her in the Kenner Cantina with the rest of the Golden Girls. but no cheesecake- that's the worst thing if you're already constipated. Akmena can make her a blue-milk fiber smoothie, while Blanche hits on all the male aliens)
I know this is all ridiculous, but weirder pharmaceutical rep hand-outs have been made...

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's the rub. Customizers can make the figures before anyone produces them commercially. Now do you buy a brand version or be satisfied with your own creation? There are merits for both.

I've made dozens of 3.75 scale gremlins. Many are generic, but I also have many of the unique ones. Reaction just made some, but they are too large. Should I collect them (supposing I could find them in Canada at a reasonable price)?

For zombie hordes, I would cast a bunch of zombie heads and put them on fodder bodies (Fisher Price, Dollar store figures). If you de-mold them while they are soft, you can warp them so they don't all look the same. Add accessories and hair and they will look different.
McFarlane had some zombie and Frankenstein figures that make good zombie heads.
I have to disagree. as a designer of custom made action figures I can honestly say that I do it for the fun and not to outdo or outshine a commercial made figure. the fact that many fans take it upon themselves to "remake" and or "customize" figures is actually both a way of expressing their love for the craft as well as getting what they want. I still support and buy the commercial versions of these figures but like so many I have tweaked and repainted dozens of them to make them my own or better. check my Twitter feed for my custom Kenner SW figures and you'll see what I mean.

a good example would be the recent Mattel Batcave set for the 6" 60's TV Batman line. a lot of collectors (myself included) have wondered why Mattel didn't take the time to label that cans of Bat spray in the set but instead just give us generic ones. I mean those that love the 60's Batman can easily understand that the cans could have labels like Shark repellent bat spray, or even bat wake, Bat gas etc.

another good example could be the Mattel 6" Ghostbusters line. Fans were teased from the start that if the line was a success that The Real Ghostbusters animated cartoon would see similar treatment. some fans grow tired of waiting for these so using the 6" line and their skills they were able to make their own versions.

in regards to ReAction figures from Funko.... Back to Future and Goonies needed a second and perhaps third wave of figures. there are still so many characters that could be made.
Goonies;
Brand
Steph
Andy
The Fratellis

BTTF:
Jennifer, BTTF 2 and BTTF 3, Mr. Strickland, etc.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I do it for the fun and not to outdo or outshine a commercial made figure.
I'm not sure where you got the "outshine the commercial figure" bit but I agree with your first point. Most customizers (I'd like to think) do it for love. I doubt the profit margin is very high once you factor in time spent creating it. Changing even a tiny detail can vastly improve a figure or playset. More importantly, it make it unique and special.

You make good points regarding the play sets. I would want those modifications myself.

It is great you can afford redundant figures and support the commercial versions as well*. Some people might not want to do that, or won't be able to decide which figure to display in their display case/diorama. It might also be hard to find or expensive depending on where someone lives. Sure, if I could find Stripe on clearance like some people have done, I might buy several. However, it would probably cost me $20+ to get one here. If figure is beloved, than I'm sure we can agree that it will be bought regardless of if a custom was created first. I think this is especially true for characters that exist in multiple incarnations/roles. I can have a dozen "Zombie soldiers", but might think twice about having a second "Kramer or Elaine" figure (in the same outfit).

Scale is another problem. I'd have been all over the Ghostbusters ST, (and some HMMOTU monsters) if the scale were 1:18. For some, SA is also a deal breaker.

* Sorry if that came off as snide. That wasn't my intention but I didn't know how to better put that.

Plasticproblem: Opioid man is an easy custom. I've seen candy or toys that comes in containers like that (you might need two though). Attach arms and legs and you're good to go!

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got the "outshine the commercial figure" bit but I agree with your first point. Most customizers (I'd like to think) do it for love. I doubt the profit margin is very high once you factor in time spent creating it. Changing even a tiny detail can vastly improve a figure or playset. More importantly, it make it unique and special.

You make good points regarding the play sets. I would want those modifications myself.

It is great you can afford redundant figures and support the commercial versions as well*. Some people might not want to do that, or won't be able to decide which figure to display in their display case/diorama. It might also be hard to find or expensive depending on where someone lives. Sure, if I could find Stripe on clearance like some people have done, I might buy several. However, it would probably cost me $20+ to get one here. If figure is beloved, than I'm sure we can agree that it will be bought regardless of if a custom was created first. I think this is especially true for characters that exist in multiple incarnations/roles. I can have a dozen "Zombie soldiers", but might think twice about having a second "Kramer or Elaine" figure (in the same outfit).

Scale is another problem. I'd have been all over the Ghostbusters ST, (and some HMMOTU monsters) if the scale were 1:18. For some, SA is also a deal breaker.

* Sorry if that came off as snide. That wasn't my intention but I didn't know how to better put that.

Plasticproblem: Opioid man is an easy custom. I've seen candy or toys that comes in containers like that (you might need two though). Attach arms and legs and you're good to go!
wasn't thinking that at all. no worries.

as far as profit margins go.... I've seen some people charge Insane amounts of money for their creations and some really only charge a small amount (basic price of covering the cost of parts and paints). I myself only charge for the parts and paints.... for instance I'm working on a Rambo figure for the ReAction line... the figure is 3 reaction figures in one so with that the cost would already be $30.00 just on the parts alone. I have the paints already so the additional costs would be labor and the custom cardback and bubble. so in the end the figure may go for $45.00 total.

but like I mentioned I do this for fun not to make a living or profit. in the end if none of my stuff sells then my kids will have 1 of a kind toys that are not available at retail. (see my custom G.I. Joe vehicles on Twitter @SwChamp)

Reaction score
Man, I can't believe that I totally forgot about BSG! Definitely gotta be on the list!

Reaction score
I wish someone would make good, I mean screen accurate Big Lebowski figures. I don't care what scale, 6" or 3 3/4". Everything that has been done before looks terrible.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I doubt there is a big market for it, but I'd love to see the original The Prisoner figures. Orange alert!

Reaction score
As popular as Orange is teh new Black is, Figures based on that show might do well.