Figrin D'an - ANH#04

Reaction score
Same. I suspect we can get more on sale or clearance later. Amazon and Target always have sales and discounts.
While a background character like this seems like a potential pegwarmer, I think Figrin will not see clearance. All the fans are going to try to set up their bands. With the band having 7 members and 6 unique instruments being released, this guy is a troop builder. So even if people don't get a full band, I can see many getting several of him.

Reaction score
So is the 'new thing' from Hasbro, is to announce the figure release in the next year - but then the figure shows up 7 months earlier?

That IS pretty cool!

I hope I can grab one cheap in the next month or so!

Reaction score
Wait why does the art on the back of the package have a different outfit?
Hasbro being Hasbro, the story is almost certainly one of mold reuse overtaking the potential to sculpt a unique costume. Figrin D’an is wearing some kind of blazer in all of the promo shots and movie stills from Star Wars, but instead they put him in a bland tunic in plastic form.

A quick scan of my setup and I don’t know where/who it’s reused from—so it may just simply be a case of using the most basic ***** mold they could to create him and the other band mates.

Reaction score
The artwork is actually Barquin D'an, from the Max Rebo Band. The artist did draw the correct kloo horn mouthpiece, though. Figrin's was rigid and metal, as seen in the artwork, whereas Barquin's mouthpiece was flexible tubing.

D'an.jpg

I actually think the torso is accurate, just missing some buttons than go down the front side of the costume. These buttons secure the jacket flap seen depicted in the figure.

FigrinDan.jpg

Reaction score
The artwork is actually Barquin D'an, from the Max Rebo Band. The artist did draw the correct kloo horn mouthpiece, though. Figrin's was rigid and metal, as seen in the artwork, whereas Barquin's mouthpiece was flexible tubing.

View attachment 422860

I actually think the torso is accurate, just missing some buttons than go down the front side of the costume. These buttons secure the jacket flap seen depicted in the figure.

View attachment 422862
Thanks for Figrin that out! 😉

Reaction score
Sorry, I realized the other day I didn't include proof, and I hate it when people do that. There are indeed 7 Modal Nodes (and another Bith seated at a table who isn't in the band), but you can't tell this at all in the movie. It's understandable why so many depictions over the years show only 5 band members, because it's a lot more practical, and no one has that much room in their diorama/figure shelf/Lego model/you name it. Besides that, 6-inch figures have gotten expensive. I wouldn't want a Comic Con or PulseCon boxed set to include more than 5!
People think there are only 7 members of the Modal Nodes., but they're wrong.

Then the house lights come up revealing that the audience is the 8th member of the band.

Nine, really, if you count that one guy that stands off to the side and just dances like the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

Reaction score
Had never seen Figrin Dan available on Amazon, but tonight, it is available to order! Just placed an order.

Reaction score
Yeah I canceled my DST order for Figrin and the Republic security droid and ordered through BBTS. Both in stock although the rest of the wave is still on preorder
And on a side note the jury’s still out on me making the whole band. Def keeping Figrin and Nadal but I have the other 5 ordered at GameStop. Those may get cancelled. Really depends on shelf space and whether I can acquire or build a 1/12 cantina

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going to limit myself to 5 (3 from BBTS one from Pulse plus Nalan Cheel. I really think 7 is going to look too cluttered and I also figure three figures playing pretty much the same wind instrument is going to boring. That Landspeeder Luke band stand sure looks good though, but man, its would take a lonnnnnnnnnng time to print.

Reaction score
It would've been cool if they included a little 'Mad about me' sound effect with the deluxe nalan cheel version similar to the 2016 SDCC obi wan pack. That would tempt me even more to fill out the whole band

Reaction score
It would've been cool if they included a little 'Mad about me' sound effect with the deluxe nalan cheel version similar to the 2016 SDCC obi wan pack. That would tempt me even more to fill out the whole band
I'm going to get a sound chip, like in greeting cards, and just record my own Cantina Band clip. So much easier and I'm sure cheaper than waiting for anything deluxe Hasbro might be able to come up with, for a multipack. I also think, now having a single and deluxe out, the chance they will do a multipack is slim now, at least for long. Probably a deluxe multi pack with the other instruments is likely at somepoint.
recordable sound module

Reaction score
I'm going to get a sound chip, like in greeting cards, and just record my own Cantina Band clip. So much easier and I'm sure cheaper than waiting for anything deluxe Hasbro might be able to come up with, for a multipack. I also think, now having a single and deluxe out, the chance they will do a multipack is slim now, at least for long. Probably a deluxe multi pack with the other instruments is likely at somepoint.
recordable sound module
Yeah seems like a good idea. Hasbro would probably add an extortionate price on top of what is already an overly expensive figure just for a little sound chip

Reaction score
After having my order of four of these nixed back in May because the app didn't keep them in my cart as I was ordering the rest of the wave, I managed to order five from amazon this week as he came in-and-out of stock several times. Just got the message that they shipped from there this morning! Too bad it WILL be months before we can complete the band by the time Pulse ships out Nalan Cheel.

Reaction score
Given the price fluctuation and the reports of these turning up now all around the US, I'm still holding out to buy just one (or maybe two?) at a reasonable price, if not even a discount - it all depends on how long I can just sit and wait another couple of weeks/months.

The only disadvantage ratio factor is that this is ostensibly an 'army' building figure and people will be buying them up in droves?

I only need one realistically, and am gonna stick with planning/hoping to find one in the next few months at very normal prices.

Reaction score
received mine from Amazon today. Great figure, but took some minor tweaking to get him to stand well.

Reaction score
Haha, I am such a fool - after all that rational talk, I ended up grabbing one off BBTS $32 w shipping.

OH well.
(I'm unemployed again, and REALLY should not be buying anything 'extra'.)

It's called addiction. 🤪 o_O

NOW, I'm sure it will be on amz prime next week for $19.99.

And then I'll buy a second one!! 😂:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Looks like the Nodes are touring uk too.. mine got dispatched!

Edit - just got an update from Hasbro pulse that Nalan Cheel is preparing for dispatch too

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ Nice one mate!

I got mine in the week, just waiting for Nalan Cheel to arrive which got shipped from Pulse yesterday