Figrin D’an - #VC249

Reaction score
Looks great, I only wish this had come out when VC figures were around $10. Because I'm going to want multiples :)

Is he an all new sculpt? If so and he has rocker ankles & improved hips, he'd make a good base body for customs.

Edit: looking closer it seems he doesn't have rocker ankles. So probably not the improved hips either. Whose legs or body is that, then?

Reaction score
You guys think he'll be able to hold a gun? I'd love to put a vest and belt on him and make him a Rebel Commando of sorts

Funny you mention that, because it was always a bit of a challenge to get the POTF2 Cantina Band members to keep their instruments in their hands. The POTF2 release of the Cantina band had 6 members. And then the 30th Anniversary Collection Cantina band had 5 members. Both sets use the same figure as the basis for all of the band members.

But seeing the three instruments included in this set, it looks like Hasbro's paying closer attention to that aspect. As for the figure? I'm expecting more of the same for the multipack that was hinted at - the exact figure with different instruments.

Reaction score
In the mean time he can play Tim Cappello's "I Still Believe" by himself as one alien act.

Reaction score
Okay. I guess that’s an audio file someone would want to delete, not unlike the map records of Kamino.

Reaction score
Looks great, I only wish this had come out when VC figures were around $10. Because I'm going to want multiples :)

Is he an all new sculpt? If so and he has rocker ankles & improved hips, he'd make a good base body for customs.

Edit: looking closer it seems he doesn't have rocker ankles. So probably not the improved hips either. Whose legs or body is that, then?
i think it's the death star gunner.

Reaction score
Well, that sucks. Looking back at the hi res images a few pages back, I do see thigh pouches. I'm not always a fan of figures being kit-bashed, and this would be one of them. This one is better than POTF2, but not worth modern pricing, being kit-bashed.

Reaction score
Any chance of someone 3D sculpting and printing the remaining instruments needed for these guys?

Part of me wants to believe they’re holding back the remaining instruments for a Mos Eisley Cantina playset, but I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment. I can dream. 🤤

Reaction score
Any chance of someone 3D sculpting and printing the remaining instruments needed for these guys?

Part of me wants to believe they’re holding back the remaining instruments for a Mos Eisley Cantina playset, but I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment. I can dream. 🤤
I have a feeling they plan to do the same as TBS and have Nalan Cheel as a $26 DLX release while D'an is the basic release, then we'll possibly see a 4-pk with a couple other of the instruments. At least the DLX SKU gives me hope for an all new Max Rebo!

Reaction score
I have a feeling they plan to do the same as TBS and have Nalan Cheel as a $26 DLX release while D'an is the basic release, then we'll possibly see a 4-pk with a couple other of the instruments. At least the DLX SKU gives me hope for an all new Max Rebo!
I'm not sure I would want to pay 4x normal price plus 3x deluxe price to get a full band. Got an older version already, so I'm not all that hyped. Anyway, since the multipack was already hinted at, I would prefer to get the full plans here before I start buying anything. This is not exactly a troop builder after all.

Reaction score
For the most part agreed, but um
View attachment 421397

Yeah. Having seen the 6" Nalan Cheel and the instruments included in that Black Series Deluxe set definitely made it seem like the POTF2 and 30th Anniversary Collection instruments missed at least a couple of the instruments. The 30 AC set got the colors right, but the details on the new TVC and Black Series instruments are much better.

1652088491697.png

And then there's still the matter of the Hasbro team hinting strongly that a Cantina band multipack would be coming on the day that they revealed the TVC Figrin D'an.

Reaction score
Your collection is second to none. Your customs are higher than that. For you, @Strobeeone, I have to coin the phrase “first to none.” 🦄

Reaction score
The right leg actually looks detached. Can't imagine that this is the way it's supposed to be.

Reaction score
I've noticed tis on a couple figures, and while I like the new hip articulation compared to the old hinge I do feel it's tooo easy to remove. I should need to use hot boiling water rather than them being at room temperature.