Figrin D’an - #VC249

Reaction score
customizing goes to some weird and unsavory places. Not sure what this is. But I like it.

What is this ‘Andrew-Wan Kennobi’s Phantom of the Menace?’
This is a really old picture of my stage.(The Phantom’s theater) It’s where I do most of my photography & it acts as a place I can do small dioramas without dedicating the space for permanent display.

Upgrades include a video screen (which can be seen in the super hero photo thread) & yes it plays music.

Reaction score
Will you trolls please quit trashing Max Rebo! First you expose that he has no arms, then it’s that he has a really small organ. Finally you have to bring up that he’s got Salacious Crumb all over it. The poor guy is reading all this and he’s got to be feeling very blue right now.

Reaction score
The question is, would you want a TVC of Max Rebo similar to his original Kenner body type (legs and diaper and all), or more like his erm..."true" form?

max002.jpg
max_13_sketch.jpg

I feel like LFL might push for the latter. To be fair, while it is a little disconcerting at first, I like these more alien approaches rather than just another bipedal humanoid. Fun article discussing this btw:
Lucasfilm usually demand that Hasbro accurately represent their properties. If we event get a new Max Rebo, I have to believe that it will be done correctly. The band is not a pet if the 92 so we probably need to start making noise for it. I am assuming, however, that the band is on their radar since the cantina bad was.

Reaction score
The question is, would you want a TVC of Max Rebo similar to his original Kenner body type (legs and diaper and all), or more like his erm..."true" form?

max002.jpg
max_13_sketch.jpg

I feel like LFL might push for the latter. To be fair, while it is a little disconcerting at first, I like these more alien approaches rather than just another bipedal humanoid. Fun article discussing this btw:
Yes! I think this would be shocking to many, but I'd like to see the accurate ROTJ version myself. AND accurate instruments for him and the band. I wouldn't cry if he looks like the picture on the left though.

In my opinion, they can exclude Joh Yucka if they want. I consider that the worst change from the Special Editions. Most changes I didn't have a problem with, but that is egregious.

Reaction score
Will you trolls please quit trashing Max Rebo! First you expose that he has no arms, then it’s that he has a really small organ. Finally you have to bring up that he’s got Salacious Crumb all over it. The poor guy is reading all this and he’s got to be feeling very blue right now.

Is that why he has the long face?

Reaction score
We need a new Max Rebo from the organ, up - the old mold is closer to 6" scale than 3.75" scale. In the film, Max is smaller than we may initially think, and the organ is, too.
The only issue I see with doing this, is that the barge is till the same size so it would be even tighter then it is now.

Reaction score
The only issue I see with doing this, is that the barge is till the same size so it would be even tighter then it is now.

Sorry, to clarify, a properly-scaled 3.75" Max + Organ would fit into the barge lounge more easily. The existing Max + Organ is oversized for the 3.75" scale line, and actually fits better with the 6" line.

Reaction score
Did anyboy mention how Max and his organ were also always wailing jizz?

Reaction score
With the announcement of the BS version, I wonder if there was a mixup here. Will we still see a VC figure?

bac

Reaction score
With the announcement of the BS version, I wonder if there was a mixup here. Will we still see a VC figure?

We will. Patrick said the TVC announcement was so well received that they had to do TBS as well.

In which case, I "well receive" Nomad Fett, Celebration Leia, New Federation Security Droid, and especially Cobb Vanth. Bring them to TVC, Hasbro.

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here but I'm kinda...eh on this one.

bac

Reaction score
The FD conundrum is real. Since he comes with three instruments, will Hasbro release a 4-pack with the other four? Or a big 7-pack?

And another for Barquin in Jabba's Palace, as mentioned above.

Reaction score
Really looks great! At least you can make three of the band members w/ those accessories. Wonder who those upper legs will be repurposed for? The Modal Nodes didn't have cargo pockets on their pants, so assume some intentional reuse is planned.

Reaction score
Excited for this figure and will reignite my hope that they do a "Modal Nodes" build-up pack on Pulse.

The announcements being firmly a year in advance now is really sending me. I got all excited thinking about how this could fill out the old mail-in band members I have, but then saw I had to wait until Spring 2023. What a world.

Reaction score
The two extra instruments make me uncertain again how many to buy. If just one was included I would be more confident the multipack would follow but is this all they decided to commit to?

bac

Reaction score
So these instruments cover 5 of the 7 Modal Nodes.

This feel like a trap to buy 5 or 6 loose ones, then Hasbro drops a 4-pack with the two missing instruments 6 months later.

1649195395071.png

Reaction score
The reveal video on GalacticFigures.com is cracking me up. The guy keeps pronouncing it like "Figrin Dee Anne".😂 Thought it was fairly common knowledge among SW fans that 'D'an' is simply pronounced "Dan", but apparently not.

Anyways, I'm puzzled by the spring '23 date they mention. Isn't this figure supposed to be in the wave following the Ahsoka/Fennec wave? Surely that's not more than a year out.

Reaction score
Anyways, I'm puzzled by the spring '23 date they mention. Isn't this figure supposed to be in the wave following the Ahsoka/Fennec wave? Surely that's not more than a year out.
I'm guessing the far out eta on some figs compared to their wave mates is that the eta is not for the mixed wave, but rather the solid cases. I base that on etas posted on EE et al of cases vs singles

Reaction score
Hot damn. He looks great. Might as well get several to make the first five members. I’m sure we’ll see the other two instruments later.