Figrin D’an - #VC***

Reaction score
Updated Modal Nodes have been on my wishlist for a while. I'll probably buy 5 and use the old instrument accessories. Very excited.

On a related note, the fact that they are doing an OT upgrade that's not part of the "96" gives me a lot of hope that figures like Wuher, Shasa Tiel, and Admiral Piett are still possible down the road.

Reaction score
Not to give them ideas but....anyone else think they will release Figrin D'an with a single kloo horn, then eight months later announce an exclusive deluxe version with all the instruments?

Reaction score
This was definitely a nice surprise to see in the pipeline reveals. I would imagine he is only going to come with his specific instrument. And maybe down the road we will get some more of the band in the troop builder box set.

Reaction score
An excellent choice.

I have no expectations of extra instruments. Luckily, I still have all of the instruments that came with the 2007 Modal Nodes tin set from The Anniversary Collection. Those should come in handy for a figure badly in need of an update.

bac

Reaction score
A figure many of us adults have wanted on a vintage card since SW figures returned in 1995. Finally.

The instruments question is a good one. I think they'll only pack his.

We could end up seeing this figure at PulseCon if previous pipeline-to-reveal timelines play out.

Reaction score
I love this.

Maybe they could release an "armory pack" with all the instruments, like they did with the Amazon exclusive Sith Trooper.

Reaction score
About Figrin time!!!!!

See what I did there? It's funny because......

Okay....looking back at the start of the thread, AaylaSecurasMan already played the word.

Shucks!!!!
HA! Reminds me of the story on the radio morning show about the guy in FL who was being chased by the police in his canoe. He was found with some (illegal) lobster tails in his pockets. They said his behavior was shelfish.

Reaction score
Mixed feelings about this one….. I really like my customs…… but yes definitely upgrading!!!!!

Reaction score
I hope they make enough of these. I want the whole band and maybe a few more, if they have multiple instruments.

Reaction score
Hopefully we get something like a multi-pack later down the line. I wouldn’t want to see Figrin packed with all 6-7 instruments because then if I buy him x6, that’s a TON of extra instruments lying around.

Reaction score
Not to give them ideas but....anyone else think they will release Figrin D'an with a single kloo horn, then eight months later announce an exclusive deluxe version with all the instruments?

Since they're all darn identical then surely they should just put all instruments in the same package! Problem is they wouldn't all fit in a TVC package...

Reaction score
Since they're all darn identical then surely they should just put all instruments in the same package! Problem is they wouldn't all fit in a TVC package...
If they can fit the Din Djarin build up pack on a card, they can fit a few instruments.

bac

Reaction score
My ideal strategy for the band:

Frigin D'an is a main line figure with his instrument only as to not kill the card art.

The remaining 6 band members are sold as an "Army Builder" pack through Pulse/Shop Disney with their appropriate instruments, and actually cost a little less than buying 7 Frigins.

This way MOC collectors finally get a Frigin D'an figure on a vintage card, you don't have to buy 7 sets of instruments to complete the band, and most of the band can be purchased at a slight discount in eco-friendly packaging.

Everyone wins.

Last edited:
Reaction score
the thing is Frigin D'an is one of the band remembers. Yes, if we aren't so technical, we can buy multiples and make the whole band, provided they give us all the other instruments but they all have different names. If they make all the instruments, I will try to get a figure for each instrument.

Reaction score
Yeah it will be interesting to see how Hasbro approaches this guy, and if they will make all the instruments up front now or wait until the time comes for a repack wave. Or do they only release F'n Dan on TVC and then do a 4-pk similar to the recent Stormie trooper builder set for the others? I mean I can't see them putting all the instruments on one card due to cost issues plus it would mean you'd have 7 extra of each one by the time you bought enough to recreate the whole band.

Reaction score
I'm calling it now we will get F'n Da with his instrument & a future multipack with the others.

Reaction score

Frigin D'an is a main line figure with his instrument only as to not kill the card art.

The remaining 6 band members are sold as an "Army Builder" pack through Pulse/Shop Disney with their appropriate instruments, and actually cost a little less than buying 7 Frigins.

This way MOC collectors finally get a Frigin D'an figure on a vintage card, you don't have to buy 7 sets of instruments to complete the band, and most of the band can be purchased at a slight discount in eco-friendly packaging.

Everyone wins.
Given that some people have been having trouble buying stuff on Pulse I wouldn't call that everyone wins. Especially when you have to pay for Pulse just for the privilige of ordering.

Reaction score
Yeah it will be interesting to see how Hasbro approaches this guy, and if they will make all the instruments up front now or wait until the time comes for a repack wave. Or do they only release F'n Dan on TVC and then do a 4-pk similar to the recent Stormie trooper builder set for the others? I mean I can't see them putting all the instruments on one card due to cost issues plus it would mean you'd have 7 extra of each one by the time you bought enough to recreate the whole band.

Seven in the band. One guy in the Cantina wearing brown who was apparently in the band but called in sick that day.

But was still okay enough to drink. Bith after my own heart.

bac

Reaction score
Given that some people have been having trouble buying stuff on Pulse I wouldn't call that everyone wins. Especially when you have to pay for Pulse just for the privilige of ordering.

Limits and Captchas seem to be helping Pulse. The Stormtrooper 4-pack is still readily available, no Premium membership required.

Reaction score

Everyone wins.

There would be no incentive to buy the single-carded in that scenario (except from carded collectors, who are deranged and a small subset of the market.)

Therefore, it won't happen. The smartest plan is to produce one figure with multiple instruments and that way it will incentivize people to buy multiples at full price. Hasbro wins and the collector gets the option of building out a band as big or small as s/he wants.

bac

Reaction score
^ Agree to disagree. Don't count out the buying power of MOC collectors. Frigin D'an is a highly desirable MOC figure, and they wouldn't introduce the rest until at least 6-9 months down the road as to not cannibalize the MOC figure's sales.

I can't imagine Hasbro getting all the Modal Nodes accessories onto a single figure's card bubble and it not looking jacked considering all accessories must be visible. That sit-down instrument alone is half a figure big.

1631570192650.png

Or Hasbro will say screw the whole band and only make D'an available with his lone instrument. Doubtful, but you never know.

We'll hopefully find out what direction they chose by PulseCon at the latest!

Reaction score
They could release Figrin D’an by himself MOC with just his instrument. And then release a variant of him with a different facial expression but without his instrument in a multipack with the Modal Nodes. :)

Reaction score
I can't imagine Hasbro getting all the Modal Nodes accessories onto a single figure's card bubble and it not looking jacked considering all accessories must be visible. That sit-down instrument alone is half a figure big.

View attachment 401153
Well technically they'd only need to pack in 5 instead of 7 because it appears that Figrin and Lirin share the same instrument as does Ickabel and Tedn. So that leaves Nalan, Doikk and Tech with more unique instruments, thus only needing to include 5 all together. And given what they were able to accomplish with DLX Din & Grogu w/Cantomo I could totally see this figure being released in the same way and working just fine.

The biggest hurdle is do they make enough for every collector who wants all 7, or do they just make the standard run as if people only intend to buy one each? If it's their intention for collectors to buy multiple they had better make enough for them to do so or we'll have another scenario where some might only be able to get 3 or 5 band members. Personally I only intend to buy one or two for custom fodder and have no interest in the whole band so maybe that will help those folks out.

bac

Reaction score
The Beskar Mando build-up bubble is what I fear. It's huge and the picture way too slim as a result. Plus tack on $5 for the build-up size.

Now that you mention it the two similar instrument band members in that photo have the same image flipped horizontally.

Maybe some adventurous soul can Photoshop it up with the 5 instruments somewhat to scale in the bubble.